Bono voice highligt 360 campign!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The tour has began! Lets fill this thread witt new highlights!

Amazing grace was great yesterday, from 0:20 to 0:31 is amazing. He get a very powerful sound on "I was". Why doesnt he use this sound when he sing ISHFWILF?
YouTube - ‪U2 Turin 2010-08-06 Amazing Grace / Where The Streets Have No Name - U2gigs.com‬‎

Glastonbury was real impression, he realy "fly as singer" now. He has alot of energy in this one. Very JT-sound voice.
YouTube - ‪U2 Turin 2010-08-06 Glastonbury (new song) - U2gigs.com‬‎

http://www.bonosvoice.st
http://www.youtube.com/user/bonosvoice

Yesterday was a great night vocally. Just compare the Turin-show to the Rose Bowl-show for example and you'll see that his tone is much better and more powerful right now. Resting the voice does a lot. Moment of Surrender was great today:

YouTube - ‪U2 Turin 2010-08-06 Moment Of Surrender - U2gigs.com‬‎

He's holding it back a little perhaps, but a very controlled performance and he hits the high notes seamlessly. :up:

Bono is finaly starting to sing the old songs like before, NYD, IWF, WTSHNN and WOWY. Amazing version on the two Helsinki shows.

On ZooTV Bono started to sing the word "few" in " Arms entwined, the chosen few" in falsetto. He hasnt sing it in real voice until in Helsinki when he sang it in real voice

9:47 in this clip
YouTube - U2 - Intro, Beautiful Day & New Year's Day @ Helsinki 20.8.2010

Also IWF was amazing, the "your eyes" verse was realy strong. Bono hasnt sing this song like this since the 80s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REQLm1cQ4hc

I Will Follow packed the same punch it did as the 2nd song in the late 80s, and this was the 1st time they had both the vocals and the instruments spot on with IWF since probably 1985. JT and LT the tempo was slowed way down, Popmart it was back up again but Bono struggled vocally. Elevation somewhere between with the tempo, but Bono still struggled. Vertigo, tempo back up, Bono sounding good, but still not re producing the 80s sound to the extent he did in Helsinki.

This version rocked the house early the way IWF used to!

Also, are Peterr and I the only ones who think that WOWY has shown improvement on this leg? To my ears it has! Instead of flat talking the verses, Bono is actually singing a bit more and making an effort to deepen his voice like on the JT era versions. I am not going to say its back to full strength, not at all, but at least it isn't a carbon copy of the Elevation Tour versions that were featured on Legs 1 and 2 of 360. These versions sound different, and for now, that is good enough for me. It almost sounds like late 80s Bono trying to get his hands back on this song.

I thought With or Without was one of the highlights in Hannover performance wise
also best performance of Mysterious Ways I've ever witnessed
:up:

Also, are Peterr and I the only ones who think that WOWY has shown improvement on this leg? To my ears it has! Instead of flat talking the verses, Bono is actually singing a bit more and making an effort to deepen his voice like on the JT era versions. I am not going to say its back to full strength, not at all, but at least it isn't a carbon copy of the Elevation Tour versions that were featured on Legs 1 and 2 of 360. These versions sound different, and for now, that is good enough for me. It almost sounds like late 80s Bono trying to get his hands back on this song.

I completely agree with this. In fact, I think Bono could pull off the 80's style version of WOWY (or get pretty damn close), but he just doesn't feel the song like that anymore, which is completely understandable and makes sense if you think about the long history of the song....it's bound to go through transformations like this.

If he keeps nailing WOWY like this, it can stay as far as I'm concerned!!

This song has the same life to it that it had for a brief moment on the last leg of Vertigo.:up::up:

wow great preformance of with or without you - may be one of my favorites

yesterday at gig in Vienna has Bono sang NYD again better than before. The part "chosen few" was sung in full voice and I think he held it for longer but I can't find one friggin' video of this performance...

^ Yeah, that was pretty good. Miss Sarajevo was also amazing, again, the crowd really loved it. But the highlight for me was Every Breaking Wave. Bono sings it just beautifully :heart:

I thought he's been singing the "though" for quite awhile(plus it just makes more sense)... maybe I'm wrong, I'm not one that studies bootlegs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom