Bono reading Yeats in Dublin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jaynejenjune

The Fly
Bono was back home in Dublin yesterday wearing Purple...and reading Yeats... what more could you ask for .... sorry about the watermarks ... I know the talented Plebans will come to the rescue.....
bono6-2.jpg

bono6-1.jpg

bono6.jpg

He looks kind of :ohmy: in that first picture. He does look great in that third one, though.

Is that Jeremy Irons with him? And if so, was he trying to dress up to look like Yeats, or has he just aged that way? :eyebrow:

How I wish I was in Dublin... :sigh:

Great pics though. And BonoIsMyMuse, I agree with you, in that third pic he looks absolutely great :yes: :love:

Can anyone get a download of Bono's reading? That would be awesome.

(There is a link to it on u2.com)

He looks scared in the first pic. But Jeremy Irons looks even stranger. I hope some more photos from this event will appear. Bono reading poetry = :drool:

Here's the little write-up from U2.com. I was right; it is Jeremy Irons:

'Treading on Dreams'
Jeremy Irons and Sinéad Cusack were with Bono at the National Library of Ireland in Dublin last night, celebrating the poetry of WB Yeats.

Bono read 'The Host Of The Air', 'When You Are Old' and 'He Wishes For The Clothes For Heaven'. The event was aired on RTE's arts show The Eleventh Hour and you can listen again here (Select 'Listen To The Latest Show', it starts about three minutes in)

Yeats was born in Dublin on June 13, 1865 and last night’s tribute, hosted by novelist Josephine Hart, was part of the library’s Summer’s Wreath programme, a month-long series of events celebrating the legacy of the poet.

‘Language changes shape all the time - in the playground, on the street corner, in hip-hop, in pop songs and in rock songs,’ Bono told UK Radio Four’s Today programme this morning. ‘But Josephine’s passion is to hear it reverberate.’

Listen in on the Radio 4 interview here (Select the 8.30-9am segment and scroll through to 08.50). As for why the Irish so revere Yeats: ‘He is the thing we are not – succinct!"

(Incidentally, the title for this story is also from Yeats: 'Tread softly for you tread on my dreams'.)

Here's the link to the radio program: http://www.rte.ie/arts/theeleventhhour/

Here's the link to the interview: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/today/listenagain/

bonocomet said:
Can anyone get a download of Bono's reading? That would be awesome.

(There is a link to it on u2.com)

:shifty: if you've a day..... I'm a wee bit busy today with all the extra stuff with my graduation, but tomorrow I'll be able to do that :D

:drool: oh man, I love it when he wears purple! pity those watermarks I cannot work with since they alter the shape of the thing it prints over...

Galeongirl said:
:shifty: if you've a day..... I'm a wee bit busy today with all the extra stuff with my graduation, but tomorrow I'll be able to do that :D

Graduation?! :rolleyes: Oh fine then. :wink:

Oooh thanks Gg! Jeremy sounds great too.

Awww, that's quite a lot of grey hair on Bono's head there. He did not have that when he was in Germany. So maybe it's because he is so upset with the G8 and everything.
But he looks good and the purple shirt with Bonosleeves is great!!!

Thanks for the pictures! Wowee!

*wonders if he's got the purple socks on too* :drool:

Back
Top Bottom