Bono Performs Running To Stand Still at Glen Hansard's Annual Dublin Busk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They're certainly embraced some more obscure album tracks, including major fan favorites like Acrobat. But if they were truly embracing their past, they'd at least acknowledge that Pop exists.

But next year is the 25th anniversary, so I guess the window hasn't completely closed yet.

Absolutely! I've been a on a Pop kick recently, my first in many years.

What an album! it's unique in many ways (obviously) but to me, it really stands out as the only U2 album that has a frenetic, summer night vibe to it. I don't know exactly why, but most of the albums either fit all times of year and a couple are very fitting for a particular season- War for Winter, TUF for Fall, etc.

It also somehow managed to fit very much into the mid-late 1990s sound/culture while also being its own thing and sounding fresh today. Some brilliant work there.

Please and LNOE were absolute stand out live tracks. Gone wasn't far behind. I'd greatly enjoy SATS- either acoustic or full band.

That's just covering what was played extensively.

I would also welcome them going big a la Acrobat/Exit in recent years. Bring back MOFO and actually try and do DYFL justice.

It's less likely than JT getting the deep cuts and Acrobat making E&I, I won't kid myself.

But they've surprised us before and if there was a time to do it, it would be the next couple of years.

I'm a slut for Pop, so I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but I will be so happy if we get anything Pop related... although expectations are already being tempered about getting any of the demos or early tracks.

Those sessions might be the only media I want more than the Trent Reznor/Zach De La Rocha album.

I'm a slut for Pop, so I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but I will be so happy if we get anything Pop related... although expectations are already being tempered about getting any of the demos or early tracks.

Those sessions might be the only media I want more than the Trent Reznor/Zach De La Rocha album.

Definitely! I'd love to hear where they truly were in 1995/96. Don't care whether it's off in the LNOE/Gone direction or Velvet Dress/Wake Up direction, the whole era was chock full of damn interesting sounds. They also never lost their U2 DNA either- Pop to me is amazing for how far out it went but was still quintessentially U2.

I listened to the opening run from Mexico City this morning. DAMN, what a scorcher of a live show! That opening- MOFO-I Will Follow-Gone-Real Thing-Last Night-Until The End is absolute fire. Then you have the run of hits culminating in the transcendent Please/Streets combo before the encore break. WOW!

You almost don't give a shit about Bono's vocal troubles listening to that set. I'm not going to say they didn't exist, but there were definitely strong nights mixed in on that tour, and I think Mexico City was one of them.

Back
Top Bottom