Bono on O'Reilly Factor?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
martha said:
I will not be able to watch this at all. :| :| :| :| :| :| :|

Oh, Martha, I can so relate to this! I'd much prefer to see Bono on Countdown with Keith Olbermann, a show I watch often which is on the same time as O'Reilly.

This will be the first time I've ever watched The O'Reilly Factor. Only for Bono...

Woo-hoo! Two can play here! My turn!

Rachel D. said:

Only a liberal would have so much hate to purposely miss a show with Bono in it because it's "right-wing" or whatever.

Only a right-wing nutcase would make such a blanket statement!

Seriously, where did I use the word "hate"? Where did I say I wouldn't be able to watch it because it's "right-wing"?

You need to read more carefully. Or are you feeling a little persecuted?

I for one will watch it. I rarely watch ANY kind of TV as it is, but this looks like it's going to highly entertaining...

Who's going to win? With O'Reilly, that's always the question. I'm just curious as to who is going to push who's buttons... nah, not spoiling for a fight, it just seems to me that these two guys REALLY don't mix, like trying to put diesel in a gasoline engine. I neither put Bono on a pedestal nor O'Reilly on a skewer - but I do know it won't be as predictable as Bono being on Oprah or Larry King. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

}:)~

I don't think Bono is going on "The O'Reilly Factor" to WIN any arguments (hopefully, there will be a discussion and not degenerate into an argument).

I'm sure that Bono's main reason in appearing on this show is to highlight the continued tragedy of Global AIDS, especially the AIDS pandemic in Africa, and how the Republican Party can continue to be part of a bi-partisan effort in Congress to FUND Global AIDS and anti-poverty programs in Africa.:wink:

The only winners I'm sure Bono is interested in is the People of Africa. :up:

WHAT YOU GOT THEY CAN'T STEAL IT. NO, THEY CAN'T EVEN FEEL IT.:bono: :love: :angel: :hug:

I am going to watch it. I am not a fan of Bill O'Reilly's show, but I think he will treat Bono with respect. It may be a little bit of a debate, but Bono is doing this to bring more awareness to the Aids epidemic, especially in Africa.

I for one will watch the show because I am interested to see how the discussion turns out. I don't hate Bill O' Reilley but I know he's not one of the nicest people out there when it comes to interviews. I hope Bill O'Reilley will speak to bono in a very respectable and curtious way. If not, I know bono will respond with class and dignity because that is the kind of person he is. A heated debate is one thing, but to be rude and disrespectful to a guest on your show is another.

I find it laughable that any of you would think Bono is a more educated man than Bill O'Reilly.

I also find it amusing how you judge Bill's message by his attitude. He even says himself, ignore the attitude and pay attention to his message. If all you have on him is the faxct that he gets angry then you'll need a new argument.

Bill O'Relly's a much more educated man and he has way more sources than Bono could ever hope to have.

I won't argue that Bono is more educated than O'Reilly (Bono didn't go to college, right?), but he may know a little more about the Africa situation than O'Reilly given his work with DATA.

And if O'Reilly's attitude drowns out his message that's no one's fault but his own.

I think you guys are going to be suprised at how amiable the whole discussion is. Bono has remained above the presidential political fray period and I think O'Reilly will be respectful as a result. They wont agree on everything but I dont think it will get heated. What may be more interesting is the following night when P Diddy is on there!!! LOL Seriously though, it probebly will be more interesting. At this point the only way Bono would be more interesting to me is if he started discussing the new album!!!

Off topic slightly but since a few of you have argued on this thread about it. Isn't one of the great things about U2's music that it can attract so many different personalities with different viewpoints? Do we all have to get into the political finger pointing on both sides? Bono has refrained from it even though he most likely has a definate favorite in the presidential race. This is a board for U2 fans, not just liberal or conservative U2 fans. Just U2 fans, we shouldnt divide into groups because of our political beliefs or any other. Most of us love their music, thats why most of us are here.

Last edited:
:| :| :| :|

How long is this show anyway? Are the guests on for the whole show? I want to tape it to watch later after we know if it's worth watching or not, but I sure don't want to waste tape or lifetime minutes watching anymore of this show than I have to.

martha said:
:| :| :| :|

How long is this show anyway? Are the guests on for the whole show? I want to tape it to watch later after we know if it's worth watching or not, but I sure don't want to waste tape or lifetime minutes watching anymore of this show than I have to.

The show is an hour long, the guests aren't on for the whole show.

I'm going to record the 11PM showing I guess.

Alright, Bono's segment started at around 15 after the hour and last 20 minutes, for anyone who is planning to watch it later.

Last edited:
OMG. That idiot is the rudest, most ignorant idiot on TV. Has he even let Bono finish a sentence yet? It's clear that Bono is pissed because BO jumps from thought to thought when Bono makes a good point.

Jesus I'm glad I'm punching out bulletin board letters. Otherwise I've wasted precious life minutes on this asshole. I can't believe people watch him regularly.

i love how Bono doesn't thank O'Rieley, and how he gives him that cold stare. brillaint.

i hate how O'Rielley says (even to Guliani) stuff like, 'you need to work hard to do it' as if he was a parent or teacher or something. give me a break

The more it went on, the more Bono was able to get a word in. I have nothing but complete admiration for Bono for the work he is doing and the time he spends on this....none of which he has to do. Bill O'Reilly seemed to have a degree of respect for Bono, but that was undermined by the rapid-fire speed he asked the questions initially. Oh well, Bono got a solid twenty minutes. He's looking better now that the album's done....

Bring on Vertigo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my God he was great!!! His voice is AWESOME!!!! Sounds soooooo strong!!!!! The man knows what he is talking about, he?s no bullshiter. He definitely gave O?Reilly some very strong answers. I think a lot of people in America now have changed their minds about Bono and maybe even about the AIDS emergency, as Bono said. Bono showed that he is a man to follow!!!! Man I really want to listen to U2 now (damn you Martha!!! :mad: )

Hmm. Whaddya know! When BO realized that Bono not only knew his shit, but had the moral upper hand, BO settled down. I tell ya, though, all that crap about how "they" make their own AIDS problems was grating on both Bono and me. :mad:

I won't have to watch that show again until Edge is on talking about the new album.

Interview just goes to cement how much I love bono - he held his own and then some - knew what he was talking about - showed some skin....only a rock star would so quickly unbutton their shirt :)
Yes the cold stare was friggin brilliant How I wanted him to curse on Fox.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom