Bono on NBC News TONIGHT (Monday)----Not just tomorrow!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
News articles & our own here at Interference have indicated that there will be in-depth coverage/interviews of Bono while he's in Africa on NBC Nightly News tomorrow (Tuesday) night.

However, I'm watching right now & they're saying that they're going to talk with him tonight. Not sure if this means it won't happen tomorrow or if they'll talk with him more tomorrow, too.....but check it out tonight if you get a chance!

Commercial break.

They had several clips with Bono, talking to him & about him. They talked about schooling, what they need, etc. Bono said how the kids & people in that area love the US, the UK, Irish people...while not too far away, they're teaching kids to hate us. He said it's a smart thing to get involved here...it's also a compassionate thing. Gordon Brown talked about how Bono inspires across the board; he doesn't seek fame for the good work he does...he'll spend hours working, but only minutes in front of the camera.

They said a few other things, but I can't remember too much. They're apparently going back to the coverage later on in the program........but there was just a commercial that said: "Brian Williams and Bono, NBC Nightly News, tomorrow." So, it looks like there'll be much more coverage tomorrow.

extra's on in about 2 minutes here (east coast)....nbc nightly news is on commercial break just now & is supposed to end in about 2 minutes, though brian williams just said they'll come back to show another scene from africa :shrug:

Utoo said:
extra's on in about 2 minutes here (east coast)....nbc nightly news is on commercial break just now & is supposed to end in about 2 minutes, though brian williams just said they'll come back to show another scene from africa :shrug:
i'm on the east coast as well:eyebrow:

it was just plain old nbc. i'm in dc & we get nbc nightly news at 7pm, then access hollywood at 7:30. :shrug:

looks like the bulk of the interview, etc., will be tomorrow anyway

looks like they're going to show some of tonight's (Tuesday's) segment this morning on the Today Show

it was a clip of the brian williams interview that's airing tonight (i imagine that they'll show this part of it again with the whole thing tonight).

bono talked about how he sees the work as an "investment" instead of "aid." he said he saw the "american dream" in the poor in africa---people working hard to help their families and to make things better for themselves. brian williams asked him if he saw his version of god in the faces of the poor, if his version of god was here.....bono said he couldn't answer such a big question in just a few sentences, but he said he believes god is always with the poor, and if you want to find god, work with the poor & the suffering.

pretty good clip. more to come tonight!

Utoo said:
it was a clip of the brian williams interview that's airing tonight (i imagine that they'll show this part of it again with the whole thing tonight).

bono talked about how he sees the work as an "investment" instead of "aid." he said he saw the "american dream" in the poor in africa---people working hard to help their families and to make things better for themselves. brian williams asked him if he saw his version of god in the faces of the poor, if his version of god was here.....bono said he couldn't answer such a big question in just a few sentences, but he said he believes god is always with the poor, and if you want to find god, work with the poor & the suffering.

pretty good clip. more to come tonight!

I just watched this as well. Great summary!

The segment at the end of the newscast, with the seven year old girl, said it all. No need for me for explanation as to what motivates Bono after seeing that.

She's never around here anymore, unfortunately-but that's where sulawesigirl was in the Peace Corps, Mali-one of the places where Bono was on the segment last night.

Thanks for the link, Kelly. I passed that along to some folks in the UK and Ireland so they can keep watch on the latest coverage not to mention I can do the same from work! :up:

it's on this second for me---they've just started the bono story

do you get plain old nbc? it's on "normal" nbc right now here

meh....it was only like 3 minutes long. and i missed most of it anyway because i got a phone call a minute into it (at least the call was about a U2 bootleg-watching night we're having tomorrow! :rockon: )

Our channel is called CNBC Europe, it airs Leno and Conan, and the news program that was on was called NBC Nighly News. but tuned in just as it finished.

I just tuned in to catch the last secs of a piece with brian williams and bono in ghana, so does that mean it was the most recent bit, different from the other stuff that's aired already?!
I didn't think he'd be on "in the money", on cnbc!
anybody out there catch it?!
cheers...

waynetravis said:
Our channel is called CNBC Europe, it airs Leno and Conan, and the news program that was on was called NBC Nighly News. but tuned in just as it finished.

ahh, my bad...didn't look to see where you were!

ShellBeThere said:
I just tuned in to catch the last secs of a piece with brian williams and bono in ghana, so does that mean it was the most recent bit, different from the other stuff that's aired already?!
I didn't think he'd be on "in the money", on cnbc!
anybody out there catch it?!
cheers...

oops....the show is actually called "On the Money"; it's a features show...sorta like "a combo of 'extra' and 'dateline' for the cnbc line-up"...I wish I had known it was going to be on! I don't recall seeing it advertised anywhere. It was apparently a piece on the Red Campaign.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/12940132/

there's a stream of what was on today, I think. There's a thread in PLEBA; that's where I got it :D

At the end of the clip Bono says there's 8 new U2 songs, and he reads the lyrics to one he wrote the night before. You'll all love this - "There's no midnight pleas/You're just on your knees"

that man sure loves his knees :giggle:

I loved that they had to bleep out a word when Bono was laughing about what he had written. Do you think that was the first time they had to bleep out something on the nightly news? :lol:

I loved that it was the lead story on NBC Nightly News tonight.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom