Bono On Nbc News Now!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nurse chrissi said:

lets break that down shall we?
-2 songs right away will be deemed "shit" and/or "crap"
-2 song will be nothing but one long verse - they will not have an actual chorus
-1 song will actually be too close to another already song already recorded by another band
-2 songs will need to be combined into one song -produced by at least 4 different producers before it is deemed acceptable
-1 song will be completely reworked on the last day of recording - released as a b-side

so that gives us a grand total of 2 songs

:shifty:

:love:

nurse chrissi said:

lets break that down shall we?
-2 songs right away will be deemed "shit" and/or "crap"
-2 song will be nothing but one long verse - they will not have an actual chorus
-1 song will actually be too close to another already song already recorded by another band
-2 songs will need to be combined into one song -produced by at least 4 different producers before it is deemed acceptable
-1 song will be completely reworked on the last day of recording - released as a b-side

so that gives us a grand total of 2 songs

:shifty:

:tsk: now, N chrisse~

:giggle:

:wink: MAYBE 'the odds' will be better THIS time! :D :D

"There's no midnight pleas, you're just on your knees, there's a harbor in a safe port, what was is now not, there was no price to pay, thank you for today."

Could be interesting to see how those lyrics sound in a song or how they change (if they even get used, and by chrissi's calculations chances are they won't be! :giggle: )

Swingn2thaMusic said:
"There's no midnight pleas, you're just on your knees, there's a harbor in a safe port, what was is now not, there was no price to pay, thank you for today."

KNEES!!! :hyper:

thanks for the link to the stream, when I came home from school I ended up sorta sleeping for like three hours and I missed the news :scream:

Bono seems so rested and happy...he's looking much younger. Maybe it's the hair. And he seems to be really enthusiastic about the progress made in Africa :up:

an_cat said:
Haha, B had the lyrics written down on scrap pieces of paper.

All I kept thinking was, "Oh please, Bono, don't LOSE them!!!" :huh: :wink:

let's face it, he probably already doesn't have a clue where he last left them........... :scream:

There was a clip of Bono and BW on Access Hollywood..
BW said something like..I havent heard any U2 music since we have been here Bono responded: I have had people stare at me since I was 20 years old, It would be really weird to have peoplef from a third world country stare at me, and if they do they probably laugh at the Irish guy who is turning bright pink under this sun;)

Silly Bono!:cute:

I and I in the said:
Does Bono know that he already wrote a song about knees and Please?

not to mention about midnight (it's where the day beings) and safe harbors (in a tempest) but it is an encouraging start

at least he's writing

How many u2 songs have those lyrics..."on your knees?" I think numerous...I can just hear Larry groan. Bono is too funny!

I and I in the said:
Does Bono know that he already wrote a song about knees and Please?

no no don't tell him! Pop might be making a come back (haircut, lyrics) :hyper:! ok i know not alot of people didn't like pop very much but maybe, atleast, it might mean back to experimentalism for U2 and not an album to complete the trilogy of "back to basics" albums.

oh, look at me, speculating about an album that wont be released for at least another 3 years. they still have to finish the tour. i'll try not to jump ahead :wink:

Last edited:
bonocomet said:
Bono Mot! How did your party go?????

Hey comet!!! My party just ended. Went really good...had five people sign up, wait six, so that wasn't too bad since a lot of people couldn't show up because of the short notice. There were about a dozen here. (Not counting the poor pups locked in the bedroom! :wink: poor pups!) One lady brought her two daughters, aged 13 and 14, and they were hot to sign up, which was really cute.

When the 8 new song part came up, one of my friends goes, "Only eight? He's been slack!" :giggle:

Bono Mot said:

Hey comet!!! My party just ended. Went really good...had five people sign up, wait six, so that wasn't too bad since a lot of people couldn't show up because of the short notice. There were about a dozen here. (Not counting the poor pups locked in the bedroom! :wink: poor pups!) One lady brought her two daughters, aged 13 and 14, and they were hot to sign up, which was really cute.

When the 8 new song part came up, one of my friends goes, "Only eight? He's been slack!" :giggle:

That's awesome Mot!!! Bono would be proud! :)

I laughed when I read about the new songs. Unfortunatly, I could not watch the video yet but I read the transcript. I have wondered so many times why Bono is always singing about "being on your knees". I mean, poor man, does he ever get up? Some great stuff really.

Thanks for the link - what an amazing clip! His whole trip has just been amazing really!!! :heart:

Does anybody know - the part where he's standing under the green mosquito net (I think there's also a pic of that in the other Africa-thread)... where was that from? Tanzania? :huh:

And the 8 new songs - couldn't stop :lol: over all your comments, they were great, especially Chrissi! :wink:

Merc said:
Does anybody know - the part where he's standing under the green mosquito net (I think there's also a pic of that in the other Africa-thread)... where was that from? Tanzania?

Yes, in Arusha, Tanzania,Saturday May, 20, 2006. Bono visited the factory, A to Z textiles Mills, which is the only manufacturer in Africa to make insectide treated nets to fight malaria.

Miringeltje said:
Yes, in Arusha, Tanzania,Saturday May, 20, 2006. Bono visited the factory, A to Z textiles Mills, which is the only manufacturer in Africa to make insectide treated nets to fight malaria.

Thanks! :up:

I thought he was speaking Kisawhili, but I wasn't sure - hearing what Bono says when he is speaking in a foreign language can sometimes be a bit of a challenge! :laugh: :wink:

Bless your hearts, thanks! I didn't have it on...thought it was over for the week. yay! :) Caught it in the nick of time....

I missed tonights. Thank goodness I have Comcast digital cable. The NBC nightly news is on demand every night. That's how I saw last nights this morning.

!!! :censored: !!!!

I missed it, I had to work late and I totally forgot about it possibly being on....... it wouldn't be so bad but I told someone I'd tape it for her. Otherwise I'd just watch it online or something. But now that I promised this person I'd tape all the NBC news stuff and I missed one.....oi.

:banghead:

Can anyone help me out??

Back
Top Bottom