Bono in NYC 4/26

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd also like to add, U2Kitten, that although you are entitled to your opinion, you also need to understand that you are coming in here with a VERY unpopular opinion. There's no excuse for people to be so rude to you, but surely you can see where they are coming from when you just keep saying the same mean things about the man we adore.

I know, but what I can't understand is when he had the other hair and people criticized his look, and I got mad at them, I was the bad guy for not allowing them their opinion! Remember when people used to post his bald spots and say he had a wig and I told them they were rude and the mods said there was nothing wrong with what they did because they were stating an opinion and they had a right to it? So now I'm the one with the dissenting opinion, and I'm still the bad guy? :huh:

I hope everyone knows I am not bashing him and I do not hate him, I only think he is looking very, very bad these days. There is no need for anyone to get so mean about it. That's how I feel and it shouldn't matter to anyone else. I believe everyone should tell the truth and not feel intimidated to hold back.

And who is that little boy?

Bono looks the same to me, maybe he's getting some much needed rest! haha (yea right!) Besides, I'm thinking Bono is a great man, not so much a great "looking" man. U2 has never really been a group of hot guys as so much a great rock band. (that's just me though)

Fun pictures. Great picture of him and David Bowie, I love that guy.

Last edited:
Depends what standards you use to define "good looks".

Personally, I'd rather have someone who is intelligent, committed, passionate about what he's doing, smart, funny, determined and caring than someone who is "only" good looking.
The above named qualities really make a person beautiful for me, but that's just my opinion, and I have had enough experience with "real" people (not Bono, whom I don't know personally) to say that.

But you're probably right: All four of them have never had the image of being poster boys, and it's good that way.
Because "beautiful" people who seem to fit a certain standard can be boring.

I prefer someone with a really unique and poignant appearance and personality.

And Bono is showing his soul, you cannot say that of many stars.

Therefore, for me, he is :love:

kellyahern said:
08944459.jpg

The little boy's name is India Sebastian. Was he in the movie? Here is a link.

http://www.lfi.co.uk/dynevent-action-nl.do?orderby=asc&eventid=434142

last unicorn said:

OK, but you are reducing the man down to his looks, as if there was nothing more about him.

1. This is PLEBA and that's ok.

2. We really don't know 'more about him' because he's a stranger. You might guess and assume all you want but you don't know enough to say for sure so there's no point in listing all his attributes when you're only guessing.

U2Kitten said:
1. This is PLEBA and that's ok.

2. We really don't know 'more about him' because he's a stranger. You might guess and assume all you want but you don't know enough to say for sure so there's no point in listing all his attributes when you're only guessing.
This may be PLEBA, but I think you'll find that the greater majority of those here appreciate all four members of U2 for more than just what's on the outside. Yes, we drool, yes we might focus a bit on the aesthetic, but deep down, we love these men for who they are and what they do, not just what they look like on the outside. All the pretty wrapping paper in the world won't help if the gift inside is cheap.
Do you really only care about what they look like on the inside? Can you honestly say we can't make any assumptions about what kind of men they are just because we don't know them personally? I'd say the miles of video and printed interviews speak volumes. But if telling yourself that they might be horrible people on the inside justifies you thinking they're ugly on the outside and makes you feel better about yourself, then fine, do that.

But what I really want to know is why you feel the need to keep on going on about it all the freaking time, and don't say "because it's important to be honest in life and not sugar coat everything" because that's not an excuse. We all aready know how you feel. You've told us over, and over, and over again. What does it benefit to say it in every thread? All it does is derail the thread, start an argument, and get the thread locked. Unless of course you're just doing it all for the attention. In which case, mission accomplished. You've certainly gotten my attention.
And I've asked you a lot of questions, but I'll answer one of yours here. You keep asking why, when others have complained about Bono's hair, or Bono's look, no one complained, but as soon as you do it, everyone jumps all over you. I'll tell you why. It's because nobody harps on it like you do. Everyone here knows that once you open your mouth about something, you're not going to let it go. It's a commendable trait, in some situations, but sometimes it gets you a bad name. Here, it already has.
Everyone else here is able to get along and coexist just fine, except for you. We have our differences of opinions. Some of us don't like Larry at all, but we don't go into every Larry thread and complain about him. Some of us didn't think Adam's ZooTV mohawk was very nice looking, but we don't follow every posted photo of it with a complaint about it.
I'm not saying you should keep your opinions to yourself just because they're unpopular, but there's a time and a place for it, and I honestly just can't see the benefit of saying it constantly. Sometimes I wonder just what you want from us. Do you want us all to change our minds and agree with you? Do you want ten threads a week about how ugly and old and fat Bono is getting, rather than a few threads about how he's beautiful and a few more about how he's amazing? Please, I'm dying to know.

I hope my words in this post were not too harsh. I didn't want to post at all, but sometimes enough is enough. Every time I see one of your posts on this subject my mind wanders to the same old questions, and so I figured I'd try to ask. I may have been demanding in my search for answers, but I tried to be as diplomatic as possible, and I hope you can give me credit for that. I'm not attacking (although admittedly, I do not agree with you), I'm merely trying to reach some sort of end to the conflict, and get some answers. I'm hoping that we, as a whole, as PLEBA, can reach some sort of happy middle ground, because if things just keep going through these same circles, nobody is going to be happy.

DreamOutLoud13 said:

This may be PLEBA, but I think you'll find that the greater majority of those here appreciate all four members of U2 for more than just what's on the outside. Yes, we drool, yes we might focus a bit on the aesthetic, but deep down, we love these men for who they are and what they do, not just what they look like on the outside. All the pretty wrapping paper in the world won't help if the gift inside is cheap.
Do you really only care about what they look like on the inside? Can you honestly say we can't make any assumptions about what kind of men they are just because we don't know them personally? I'd say the miles of video and printed interviews speak volumes. But if telling yourself that they might be horrible people on the inside justifies you thinking they're ugly on the outside and makes you feel better about yourself, then fine, do that.

But what I really want to know is why you feel the need to keep on going on about it all the freaking time, and don't say "because it's important to be honest in life and not sugar coat everything" because that's not an excuse. We all aready know how you feel. You've told us over, and over, and over again. What does it benefit to say it in every thread? All it does is derail the thread, start an argument, and get the thread locked. Unless of course you're just doing it all for the attention. In which case, mission accomplished. You've certainly gotten my attention.
And I've asked you a lot of questions, but I'll answer one of yours here. You keep asking why, when others have complained about Bono's hair, or Bono's look, no one complained, but as soon as you do it, everyone jumps all over you. I'll tell you why. It's because nobody harps on it like you do. Everyone here knows that once you open your mouth about something, you're not going to let it go. It's a commendable trait, in some situations, but sometimes it gets you a bad name. Here, it already has.
Everyone else here is able to get along and coexist just fine, except for you. We have our differences of opinions. Some of us don't like Larry at all, but we don't go into every Larry thread and complain about him. Some of us didn't think Adam's ZooTV mohawk was very nice looking, but we don't follow every posted photo of it with a complaint about it.
I'm not saying you should keep your opinions to yourself just because they're unpopular, but there's a time and a place for it, and I honestly just can't see the benefit of saying it constantly. Sometimes I wonder just what you want from us. Do you want us all to change our minds and agree with you? Do you want ten threads a week about how ugly and old and fat Bono is getting, rather than a few threads about how he's beautiful and a few more about how he's amazing? Please, I'm dying to know.

I hope my words in this post were not too harsh. I didn't want to post at all, but sometimes enough is enough. Every time I see one of your posts on this subject my mind wanders to the same old questions, and so I figured I'd try to ask. I may have been demanding in my search for answers, but I tried to be as diplomatic as possible, and I hope you can give me credit for that. I'm not attacking (although admittedly, I do not agree with you), I'm merely trying to reach some sort of end to the conflict, and get some answers. I'm hoping that we, as a whole, as PLEBA, can reach some sort of happy middle ground, because if things just keep going through these same circles, nobody is going to be happy.
Couldn't have said it better myself :up:

partygirl43 said:

Oh I have a huge list of reasons:

She's beautiful.
She's talented.
She's holding hands with Bono.....

shall I go on......
Ok I can deal with talented & beautiful but when you said holding hands with Bono--:sad: :sad:

DreamOutLoud13 said:

I knew I :love: you for a reason Chass! I could not agree more. There is nothing wrong with a difference of opinion. It always makes things interesting and leaves room for discussion which is always great. But U2Kitten, it seems like all you do is bash Bono/U2 lately and some of your fellow posters. For example, I agree with you on the Bono hair look right now. I think he looks better with the "Vertigo" length hair. However, I don't think he looks disgusting, and fat, and old and everything you call him. That's just cruel. I've seen other girls here say they don't like the way Bono, Edge, Larry, or Adam look or have looked in a certain area, but I've never seen anyone take it to a level of spitefulness and almost pure hatred like you do. There have some things you've said here, and in other forums where you seem like such a great person, but most of the time you just come off as bitter and resentful, constantly on the look-out for Bono to do something, so you bitch and moan about how he looks like a hypocrite, etc. It gets old. You can disagree, and that's awesome, but you don't have to do it with an air of superiority like you're privy to some great secret of someone else's psyche that no one else is. A lot of times you just seem miserable, and that's something no one wants to be around. You probably are not, but it comes off that way a lot. I don't want to see these arguments anymore either, so hopefully we can cool it for awhile and agree to disagree.:hug:

Can we stop this discussion now. U2Kitten wanted attention and got it, I think it's enough. It's a shame that the negativity has, again, derailed this thread.
Personally it hurts me a little inside to hear or see someone saying/writing such spiteful things about anybody (not only necessarily Bono). I am quite sensitive on the subject of being judged based on the way you look.
Bono was at this event to promote a great, touching and inspiring movie, you could see how passionate he is (and also Alicia) about this movie, the story and the children.
Saying cruel things about his looks here is really disrespecting the man and what he stands for.

BTW, the pictures with the boy are very lovely. Bono is a big kid.

last unicorn said:
Can we stop this discussion now. U2Kitten wanted attention and got it, I think it's enough.

Quite the opposite is true. I do NOT want 'attention', especially not bashing! I am always amazed at how many times the thread gets derailed because people feel the need to lecture me. I even made a comment in this thread NOT to answer my posts or mention my name or it gives me attention and validates my posts and you don't want to do that, right? I'd be the happiest person here if I could just post what I want and have no one bash me for it. If you like the pics, say so, and if I don't, I'll say so. It shouldn't be a big deal. And I'm laughing at all your lectures and how you all presume to know what a wonderful guy he is on the inside and what he stands for when you really don't know him! So please, just stop this stupid game! I'm not the one carrying it on, you are. If no one responds to my posts, you won't hear another word out of me.

Could you please answer Dreamoutloud13's questions U2kitten, since we all are interested in your answers...
You want to post what you want and get away with it.... have you any idea what a chaos this place and the world would become if everybody thought like that? people would discriminate others and such, just 'because they want to do whatever they want'
things don't work that way, sometimes you gotta adapt and try not to put your opinion so harsh and dominating...

U2Kitten said:

Quite the opposite is true. I do NOT want 'attention', especially not bashing! I am always amazed at how many times the thread gets derailed because people feel the need to lecture me. I even made a comment in this thread NOT to answer my posts or mention my name or it gives me attention and validates my posts and you don't want to do that, right? I'd be the happiest person here if I could just post what I want and have no one bash me for it. If you like the pics, say so, and if I don't, I'll say so. It shouldn't be a big deal. And I'm laughing at all your lectures and how you all presume to know what a wonderful guy he is on the inside and what he stands for when you really don't know him! So please, just stop this stupid game!

So let me ask you....What makes you think he's not a wonderful guy? What evidence points to that? Why would you possibly even think that? What makes you assume the worst about him or anyone else?

U2isthebest said:

So let me ask you....What makes you think he's not a wonderful guy? What evidence points to that? Why would you possibly even think that? What makes you assume the worst about him or anyone else?

See you've missed the point again :banghead: I'm not saying he's not! I'm saying NONE OF US know for sure if he is or not so no one can speak in absolutes about it and lecture someone else on it. He could be, or maybe he's an asshole. I don't know, but neither do you.

If this thread doesn't start being about Bono and stop being about U2Kitten (she says she doesn't want the attention anyway), it will be closed.

DreamOutLoud13 said:

WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL POST!!! :bow: :hug: Very well said and to the point. Thank you!
I will say it again.. great pics! and love to see our Bman happy and playful..:wink:

U2Kitten said:

See you've missed the point again :banghead: I'm not saying he's not! I'm saying NONE OF US know for sure if he is or not so no one can speak in absolutes about it and lecture someone else on it. He could be, or maybe he's an asshole. I don't know, but neither do you.

I understand that. I was trying to get at, WHY would you possibly even consider that? I don't know him, that's true. However, in the interviews I've read and seen and in the things he's done in terms of his faith and furthering the causes he believes in (IE, erradication of world poverty and hunger, AIDS etc.) I'm lead to believe that he is a person who truly loves and cares for people and is genuinely just an intensely compassionate and genuine human being. I can't draw that conclusion by looking at a picture of him and saying "hmm looks like a good guy" It's by looking at his actions that I've come to that opinion. You can't form an opinion on anything without examining it. You couldn't possibly say Bono or anyone might be an ass or a hypocrite or anything else until you've seen evidence of it. So I ask, what's your evidence of that? If there is none, then clearly there must be some deeper issue that would cause a person to feel that it's a possibility. We all have days where we act like asses and hypocrites, but why would one look for that in a person?

Bonochick said:
If this thread doesn't start being about Bono and stop being about U2Kitten (she says she doesn't want the attention anyway), it will be closed.

I'm not going to say it again.

U2isthebest,
I think it's best to drop this as Bonochick said. The thread has been derailed by this discussion and will be closed if we don't stop this. You have made some good/well thought out posts but maybe if you want to continue its best to take it to PM's or maybe the Free your mind forum.

I figured that might be the case, which is why I didn't just close it, but I just wanted to make sure people saw my warning after that topic was posted about again.

Bonochick said:
I figured that might be the case, which is why I didn't just close it, but I just wanted to make sure people saw my warning after that topic was posted about again.
Thanks Bonochick. What movie was he at in NYC?

Back
Top Bottom