Bono in Lastovo Island, Croacia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Am I not allowed to do that?
So you are, and I am not?

Well thanks for clearing that out to me

You people are obviously much better than us... and we'll always be the damn thrashcan of this site...

do I jsut have to accept it and go on drool at God Bono and say Amen at his every word?

I'm sorry, but I Can't... maybe I can better leave this place, if you people would like to see that better

No back to this: I agree with GG, I don't believe in every single thing Bono has to say. I have my own opinions, but to put down the way someone looks is just a sad case. People here are supposed respect and love Bono the way he is. If the shoe were on the other foot it would be a different story. The girls here know if anyone said something about their weight they'd go run and hide in a closet. I know I would. If he ever did read this, or browse through, I really think his feelings would be crushed.
I just don't think its right to bash his physique.

Do you realllllly think Bono would give 2 shits about what some people said about him on the internet? Sure he is fat and balding, but at the end of the day he is a super rich mega rock star who could have any girl he wanted in the world, and we are just losers on the internet.

Galeongirl said:
Am I not allowed to do that?
So you are, and I am not?

Well thanks for clearing that out to me

Huh? You did it first. I just quoted your use of it in my post :huh:

Galeongirl said:
You people are obviously much better than us... and we'll always be the damn thrashcan of this site...

Thank you. It's about time someone admitted it :up:

I admire your bravery :hug:

5stars.gif

:( I hate to see stuff like this derail what could've been a good thread. Please, for the sake of those of us who enjoy coming here for a fun release from the realities of a hectic world, take it to PM or somewhere else. All the bickering does is lower the whole tone of this place and make the whole site less attractive to visit.

Galeongirl said:
.. why do I have the distinct feeling here that suddenly a lot of people who are rarely in PLEBA are coming here to poke fun of the way we're dealing with stuff like this...:hmm:

I do agree that he's put on some weight.... I just don't care, he's still the same person on the inside!
we might be euphoric about some things, but I'd rather be an optimist than a pessimist, because pessimists won't help the world on anything!

Ya....what she said!!! :bonodrum: :bonodrum: :)

what's wrong with saying Bono needs to lose weight? People are comparing comments like "he needs to lose weight" to the EYKIW "Bono is an asshole for moving his tax dollars," "Bono's lyrics suck since Pop," "Bono's voice was so much better as Kermit the frog."
One set of comments is just saying, as a man with a family history of cancer, a longtime smoker, a dad, and lastly, as a rock star he needs to lose weight. Losing weight, and staying with a healthy diet, will only enable him to deliver the goods longer.
Don't we all want a sexy, wily Bono to be around as much as possible?

JCOSTER said:

Hi Dahlia, welcome back! :wave:

Thanx :hug:

blueyedpoet said:
what's wrong with saying Bono needs to lose weight? People are comparing comments like "he needs to lose weight" to the EYKIW "Bono is an asshole for moving his tax dollars," "Bono's lyrics suck since Pop," "Bono's voice was so much better as Kermit the frog."
One set of comments is just saying, as a man with a family history of cancer, a longtime smoker, a dad, and lastly, as a rock star he needs to lose weight. Losing weight, and staying with a healthy diet, will only enable him to deliver the goods longer.
Don't we all want a sexy, wily Bono to be around as much as possible?

Doesn't Bono tend to lose weight before a new tour starts? :scratch:
Dunno why people can't leave him alone

I love Bono, I love U2, I've always thought Bono was good looking, but honestly these pics are not flattering at all in my opinion. And there is nothing wrong with having a different opinion than other people! There is nothing wrong with saying "I really dont think Bono looks that great in these pictures." Right? So maybe the majority of the posters in this forum wont agree with you but it doesnt mean you like U2 any less than someone else because you dont think he looks good in some pics.

HOWEVER. There is a way to express your opinion without poking fun, being sarcastic, and just being plain rude. So if you cant express your opinion in a respectable manner, then my suggestion would be to just keep your opinions to yourself. The bickering really needs to stop.

Bono flys all over the place, he's been almost all over the world this past year or so... I wonder how many air miles he has? :p

JCOSTER said:
Its nice to see them in action that they are just a normal couple. They don't have to be all lovey dovey all the time infront of the cameras.

yes , but you can see they are so into each other . :love:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom