Bono in Dallas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightsong

Acrobat
Bono was awesome this evening!!!

141173867_5ede15cb40.jpg

141173824_19558dd7e3.jpg

141173784_3f79240744.jpg

141173683_a16ddac2e0.jpg

He didn't waste any time ditching the tie after his speech!:drool:

141173530_209ed9972d.jpg

There's a few more on my flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/nightsong

Last edited:
:bow: :bow: :bow:

AWESOME pics!! Wow, these are fantastic!! I love the way he hangs out the car window.... :drool: so cute!!!

gluey said:
:bow: :bow: :bow:

AWESOME pics!! Wow, these are fantastic!! I love the way he hangs out the car window.... :drool: so cute!!!

Great pic of Bono hanging out of the Chevy Suburban window ... almost looks like he's driving it! :giggle:

What was up with the button-up shirt and the tie tonight? He wore a t-shirt with what looked like the same suit last night ... :hmm:

Not that I'm complaining; IMHO he should wear a tie once in awhile. :wink:

Bono started his speech by mentioning he hadn't worn a tie for the National Prayer Breakfast because he doesn't wear ties for politicians-but he did wear one for Texas. He later noted there were more Fortune 500 companies in Texas than any other state, hence the tie. He said he had been humbled by Dallas before, when the band first came here in April of 1981, they were the opening act for a wet t-shirt contest. He continued alternating between humor and his charm and quickly got the audience into a receptive mood.

Bono explained his journey began with Live Aid after which he and Ali spent a month in Africa and then he became a rock star with a cause. Karen Hughes was in attendance and he noted that the US could improve it's image by doing more for the people of Africa. He said he was a fan of the US and was one of those annoying fans that followed you into the bathroom, reading off cd liners. Except that he was reading the Declaration of Independance and the Constitution and holding us to them.

Although I had heard most parts of Bono's speech before, the ending came much too soon! He ended by imploring us not to turn away from the people of Africa as some had turned away from the trains taking people away during the Holocaust. That we must lie down on the tracks in front of the trains as we know what is at the end of the track if we don't. He received a standing ovation at the end of his speech. As the President of the WAC was presenting him with gifts of a mosquito net and a book about African Heritage, he quickly loosened his tie and unbuttoned his shirt in the usual charming Bono fashion. He then received another standing ovation as he left the stage. It was truly inspiring to hear this man speak from his heart - his compassion is contagious :heart:

About 75 of us waited for Bono to come out after and he didn't let us down. He probably spent a good 10-15 minutes signing and meeting his fans. As they drove away, the SUV stopped at the corner. It appears he had signed a ticket stub for a fan earlier and this guy had mistakenly placed it inside an envelope he had given Bono. So not only had Bono immediately opened the envelope, he stopped and waited because he knew what this autographed ticket stub meant to this fan. That's not a rock star, that's a hero with a heart as big as Texas!

As I drove home watching the lightning dance across the western sky, I hope Bono is spending the night in Dallas. We need to keep him safe.....:love:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nightsong said:
As they drove away, the SUV stopped at the corner. It appears he had signed a ticket stub for a fan earlier and this guy had mistakenly placed it inside an envelope he had given Bono. So not only had Bono immediately opened the envelope, he stopped and waited because he knew what this autographed ticket stub meant to this fan. That's not a rock star, that's a hero with a heart as big as Texas!

Wauh, that's just amazing, Bono is a very special person - just gotta :heart: the man (and the rest of the guys as well when they're around!) for the way he treats us fans! :)

Thank you so much for your pictures and you story. Did you meet anyone that was going to give him a B-Day book? At the official board they were on a mission to deliver it to him, and I hope that was the envelope he had. It melts my heart to hear that he would stop the car and give that fan their ticket stub......awww.

Thank you for the story and the photos.

I saw this morning on the news that there were bad storms in the Dallas area last night--hail, lightning, etc.--and was wondering how things went.

Nice to know that Bono actually opened that envelope himself instead of having someone else do it for him. :heart: There are lots of celebs who would have assistants open things from fans and read the notes because they don't want to take the time to do so.

Bono is a very generous man--not that there was any doubt in my mind about that. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom