Bono in Court Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
blueeyedgirl said:

Truest statement in this whole thread.

And I'll await all the PLEBANs screaming blue murder.

Principle for one, not the other? :eyebrow:

Are you sure your on the right web site? :scratch:

All I am doing is supporting someone that I have followed for over 25 years. Someone who I happend to respect, share some beliefs, he is a sincere person, someone who I respect, he is dignified etc. Being that Bonos reputation proceeds him, and the reputation of Cashmans reads like a stalker instead of an employee.

My support goes behind Bono 120%.
So you can talk till your blue in the face nevermind the eye.
:|

616802B.jpg

616802C.jpg

616802A.jpg

Originally posted by JCOSTER

All I am doing is supporting someone that I have followed for over 25 years. Someone who I happend to respect, share some beliefs, he is a sincere person, someone who I respect, he is dignified etc. Being that Bonos reputation proceeds him, and the reputation of Cashmans reads like a stalker instead of an employee.

I agree. I avoided commenting on this whole thing before because it is basically so ridiculous. These 4 men's reputations do proceed them. But the press and u2-haters alike have been able to find nothing really bad to say about them for 25 years, so this is their big chance! That's all. What I can't understand (if it is true) is why the majority of their countrymen do not support them now, after they have given their country 25 years of something to be very proud of. It really is beyond me... and sad.

JCOSTER said:

So you can talk till your blue in the face nevermind the eye.
:|

No, at times I think I'm on the web site from hell, but never mind...

Well, you're not the only one who's been a fan for 25 years, darl. I have respected and admired Bono in the past, and the music U2 have created, but I don't happen to believe that the sun shines out of their arses. They are human, and flawed. And I think in this case, this is doing their reputation no good at all. Yes, Ms Cashman is the instigator of the latest legal proceedings, but really U2 could have dealt with this in a lesser way. Why are they so paranoid? And about so many things? When I heard, for instance, that U2 had sued papers that printed pics of Bono's bare arse, I laughed, I mean how unimportant! (I've seen the pic, and yep!) :wink:

Well, we Australians obviously aren't as reverential as you Americans.....:D

^^ I don't think bringing this thread down to the level of 'who is the biggest supporter etc' is any help to anyone. We all support who we support for whatever reason, all valid and fine. It doesn't matter what part of the world we live in either.

Unless we have been involved personally in the court case to hear the full proceedings, allegations, replies etc we really can't assume to anything, not matter how trivial or important we percieve it to be.

We can wonder about why each party is acting the way they are until we are blue in the face, but the fact of the matter is we will never know the answer.

Lets move on people!!! :|

gluey said:
^^ I don't think bringing this thread down to the level of 'who is the biggest supporter etc' is any help to anyone. We all support who we support for whatever reason, all valid and fine. It doesn't matter what part of the world we live in either.

Unless we have been involved personally in the court case to hear the full proceedings, allegations, replies etc we really can't assume to anything, not matter how trivial or important we percieve it to be.

We can wonder about why each party is acting the way they are until we are blue in the face, but the fact of the matter is we will never know the answer.

:applaud: :rockon: That was awesome Gluey. I agree, I think the evidence and integrity tips WAY in the favor of certain individuals, but it's not our place to speculate. God Bless!

Currently Listening: "Ready To Run"/Dixie Chicks

blueeyedgirl said:

When I heard, for instance, that U2 had sued papers that printed pics of Bono's bare arse, I laughed, I mean how unimportant! (I've seen the pic, and yep!) :wink:

Very minor point, but in fact Bono sued that magazine because, in addition to the pics of his arse, there was a pic of Ali's bare breasts which the paparrazzo (who was trespassing on private property) managed to snap in the 1.2 seconds that they were exposed. The judge agreed that this was an extremely unreasonable invasion of privacy and awarded large damages (subsequently donated to charity.)

kellyahern said:

the best thing coming out of this thread is that we are getting more amazing brand new pictures of the always damn fine looking lead singer of U2!! :wink: dont' he look snappy!?

thanks kelly! :rockon:

that last photo of the Bman....... wow......

biff said:

Very minor point, but in fact Bono sued that magazine because, in addition to the pics of his arse, there was a pic of Ali's bare breasts which the paparrazzo (who was trespassing on private property) managed to snap in the 1.2 seconds that they were exposed. The judge agreed that this was an extremely unreasonable invasion of privacy and awarded large damages (subsequently donated to charity.)

And if he wanted his bare arse to be shown, he would have done that a long time ago, So why should it be shown by someone else and have his wifes honor damaged.

gluey said:

Gluey!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SAYING THAT!! You read my mind and said it better than I probably could of said it.:wink: :up:

I was thinking that more problems could come to the band with those pics that she has. I would think that with her character in question, they would want to make sure those pics and whatever else she has doesn't come around and bite them in the ass. Excuse the pun.
A business has to be protected, and U2 is a business. I can't imagine that any person in the public eye would allow pictures such as the ones described be given to an employee. Wouldn't make sense then, doesn't make sense now.
In the latest pics, Bono looks like this is as distasteful to him as to anyone. Sometimes you have to do hard things.
She should have (and perhaps whomever should have asked her to clean out her locker with them by her side) known better.
IMO of course.

Ps Australians vs. Americans, what's going on here? I love Koala bears and Apple pie!

Last edited:
blueeyedgirl said:
Well, we Australians obviously aren't as reverential as you Americans.....:D [/B]

A little off topic but your post reminded me of a lecture my sociology professor gave in some intercultural class I had in college. He referenced a quote that he said was poplular in Australian classes he had taught..."We cut down tall poppies". Meaning, I think, that no one was above a little ribbing. I hope it's not presumptuous of me to bring that up since I've never been to Australia, I apologize if that's totally off the mark. Just recognizing that you can be a huge U2 fan and still approach your fandom in a different way.

Last edited:
JCOSTER said:

And if he wanted his bare arse to be shown, he would have done that a long time ago, So why should it be shown by someone else and have his wifes honor damaged.

Her "honor damaged?" I think Ali's honor remains very much intact. This isn't Puritan New England.

It was Ali's privacy that was very much invaded by those photos. And inexcusably so.

GracelandHarley said:
Her "honor damaged?" I think Ali's honor remains very much intact. This isn't Puritan New England.

Awww, I liked it. It made is sound like Bono was going to jump out with a sword to defend it or something.

Ralphie said:

A little off topic but your post reminded me of a lecture my sociology professor gave in some intercultural class I had in college. He referenced a quote that he said was poplular in Australian classes he had taught..."We cut down tall poppies". Meaning, I think, that no one was above a little ribbing. I hope it's not presumptuous of me to bring that up since I've never been to Australia, I apologize if that's totally off the mark. Just recognizing that you can be a huge U2 fan and still approach your fandom in a different way.

Ah, cutting down tall poppies, meaning that we do like to deflate the balloons of those who may be full of hot air, and full of themselves. We don't like to adhere to supposed "social orders", whether that person is a rubbish collector, the Prime Minister or a rock star :D

As for Ali's tits, naked boobs seen in the South of France, how surprising? :ohmy:

blueeyedgirl said:

As for Ali's tits, naked boobs seen in the South of France, how surprising? :ohmy:

No it wouldn't be surprising if she was on a public beach where she knew photos of her (and Bono for that matter) could be taken at any time....the difference is that it was taken on private property....

biff said:

I really don't think the 'us against them' (as in country vs country) nonsence is achieveing anything. I come from neither Australia or America (actually I'm from NZ), but I would never in any way suggest that my countrys attitude was better than anothers, or mock another country etc - what the heck does that achieve?

Lets not knock anyone for which side they support or their reason why. Yes, it is interesting to debate, but that should not be to the point of belittling the other party. I, like everyone else, am interested in the goings on of this whole court case etc but remember "to assume is to make an ass out of u and me......"

Bring on the pics!! Now that's much more interesting!! :wink:

^^ I LOOOOOVE the looks that man gives to the camera!! Each time a new photo pops up its like a 'lucky dip' you never know what you're going to see!!

What I find amasing about this whole issue, is that some people think U2 are being petty and should let the issue go or should never have demanded the stuff back in the first place, even if she did in deed steel it! What sort of message of double standards does that send out to the youth of today?!? That it's okay to steel and brazenly and publicilly sell said stolen goods to the highest bidder, so long as the person you stole the stuff from is sticking rich!?! I don't know about anyone else but that's not the sort of morals I would want to pass on to the younger (even older!) generation!!! :no:

Last edited:
biff said:

Facts just don't help with the catchy titles and biased opinions...

blueeyedgirl said:

When I heard, for instance, that U2 had sued papers that printed pics of Bono's bare arse, I laughed, I mean how unimportant! (I've seen the pic, and yep!) :wink:
No it's not unimportant, because it's about principles and setting an example that the media should NOT be allowed to avoid a person's privacy, famous or not. Some media think they can do whatever they want to have some pictures. This is not right and I agree with anybody taking legal action in a issue like that. And I believe this latest courtcase is also about principles and it should never have been brought back.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom