Bono Finally Receives His Knighthood!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Taken by my friend Aidan,outside the British Ambassador´s house in Sandyford.

IMG_3854.jpg

kafrun said:

Yes, clearly I don't.

Well maybe people are so used to certain types of potshots here directed at certain people (it is a clear pattern- even in the very brief amount of time I spend here I've observed it several times) that something intended to be a joke can be taken in a different way. That's the way it is here, sorry- and it's the main reason I don't like it here. It happens in all types of threads, even one such as this. So maybe that's one reason people are sensitive to it :shrug: I don't think it's a reason to say someone has no sense of humor either, considering that pattern.

Niamh_Saoirse said:

IMG_3854.jpg

He's already wearing it! LOL!

p.s. I don't take any of the "Britain versus Ireland" back and forth on this board as being intentionally mean. I think it's hilarious, actually, and I'm hoping others are taking it in that vein.

MrsSpringsteen said:

Well maybe people are so used to certain types of potshots here directed at certain people (it is a clear pattern- even in the very brief amount of time I spend here I've observed it several times) that something intended to be a joke can be taken in a different way. That's the way it is here, sorry- and it's the main reason I don't like it here. It happens in all types of threads, even one such as this. So maybe that's one reason people are sensitive to it :shrug: I don't think it's a reason to say someone has no sense of humor either, considering that pattern.

It was not directed at anyone. I quoted a post to set up a joke. It was a joke and no reason for kafrun to say that I was "rude" or taking "potshots". I don't even know who I was supposed to be taking a potshot at :huh:.

I felt like she was telling me what is or is not permitted on this board and acting like a moderator when she has no authority to do so. It has happened in the past and is very irritating, imo.

Anyway, nice picture Flavia :) :up:.

silvrlvr said:

p.s. I don't take any of the "Britain versus Ireland" back and forth on this board as being intentionally mean. I think it's hilarious, actually, and I'm hoping others are taking it in that vein.

Me neither :up: I'm not bitter about the rugby at all :shifty:

Great pictures though :)

kellyahern said:

It was not directed at anyone. I quoted a post to set up a joke. It was a joke and no reason for kafrun to say that I was "rude" or taking "potshots". I don't even know who I was supposed to be taking a potshot at :huh:.

I felt like she was telling me what is or is not permitted on this board and acting like a moderator when she has no authority to do so. It has happened in the past and is very irritating, imo.

Well to be fair Kelly she isn't the only one here who has ever acted like a moderator when they don't have the authority to do that- if that's what she was doing. Like I tried to explain, maybe people are just sensitive to it because of other things that happen here-that's all. I'm not gonna say anything else, cause I can only imagine what will happen next..

Well, finally! They took there time, didn't they? Heh heh. Well kudos to the B Man cuz he definately deserves it, regardless of what anyone says.

And, I apologise if this has been asked already, but I'm too lazy to read through 7 pages of posts :)reject: ) but: Why wasn't Lars there? I'm really a bit behind in the world of U2... I know, I know, shameful of me! But I'll be watching Elton John's concert tonight, so you know. I know SOMETHING about the recentness of U2... XD.

SimplyConfused said:
Well, finally! They took there time, didn't they? Heh heh. Well kudos to the B Man cuz he definately deserves it, regardless of what anyone says.

And, I apologise if this has been asked already, but I'm too lazy to read through 7 pages of posts :)reject: ) but: Why wasn't Lars there? I'm really a bit behind in the world of U2... I know, I know, shameful of me! But I'll be watching Elton John's concert tonight, so you know. I know SOMETHING about the recentness of U2... XD.

Well, you see he was in my office working on his . . . oh, nevermind.

MrsSpringsteen said:

Like I tried to explain, maybe people are just sensitive to it because of other things that happen here-that's all. I'm not gonna say anything else, cause I can only imagine what will happen next..
Yes, there is a history between the posters involved. The "sarcasm" was not good-natured, no matter how oblivious people want to act. Sticking up for a friend isn't moderating, last I checked. If that's being oversensitive, fine, but it's not without reason.

kafrun said:

Yes, there is a history between the posters involved. The "sarcasm" was not good-natured, no matter how oblivious people want to act. Sticking up for a friend isn't moderating, last I checked. If that's being oversensitive, fine, but it's not without reason.

Um, what is my history with babydoll? She and I post all the time in the cat thread :confused:.

kellyahern said:

Um, what is my history with babydoll? She and I post all the time in the cat thread :confused:.
I don't know specifics, but people have been taking digs at her for ages. All I know is she was offended, so I said what I said. You can discuss with her if you want, but I'm done derailing the thread.

From the Ryan Adams board I go to...

Fair enough, he's done an awful lot but he's a cunt cause he has a fucking jesus complex. You just know he sits at home writing "Saint Bono" on pieces of paper to see how it looks. He's a frickin knob jockey. I don't like him. Sorry Bonochick if I have offended you.

I gotta say..."knob jockey" made me laugh, as did the mental image of him repeatedly writing "Saint Bono". :lmao:

kafrun said:
but I'm done derailing the thread.

:up: Probably just a quirky comment taken the wrong way, I think we should all just be happy for Bono, now that he's received his knighthood and stop bitching at each other.

Thanks very much everyone for the info and all the great pics :hug:
Bono and Ali look gorgeous together.
Shame there aren't any with Edge, Adam, or the kids.

I listened to the Sky news links Greenlight and Anji gave for ages, but no Bono, did they change the topics, or am I doing something wrong? :sad:

Niamh_Saoirse said:

IMG_3854.jpg

Beautiful pics everyone , thanks so much for posting .

:applaud: So proud of Bono .

Can't help but wonder what Bob would have said to his son . :hmm:

kellyahern said:

Oh, I must have forgottent to mention that.

He's in my office, working on his bike. He sends two words, "best wishes."

Ok, I have read through most of the pages here.. And how in the hec is this rude??? :confused::huh:

When I first read it I got the joke immediately... How are people taking offense to that ??? :|

Back
Top Bottom