Bono did come out with Pearl Jam tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
this is from an online biography of eddie vedder...

In the eighties, Eddies musical taste turned to more of the commercial rock and roll genre bands that released singles scoring high on the pop charts. At that time, he was in awe of U2's Bono. He was Eddie's musical mentor of the time, and he followed every move the band made. According to Eddie, when he was younger he had the opportunity to meet Bono in a hotel lobby in Chicago. Bono was so nice to him, and even gave him a hug after they talked for a short time.
From the first day I met Eddie, all I would hear about was U2. In fact, he would wear small U2 buttons with pictures of Bono on his dark leather jacket. I remember laughing to myself when I first saw them. I thought it was going a little too far; kind of like what a 12 year old girl would wear to an early eighties Duran Duran concert. But hey, I think we all did things in the 80's that we're embarrassed by!! He collected many magazines, newspaper articles, and videos of the band. There was no question that he was obsessed with the band.

Well i guess that makes him a U2 nut like the rest of us:wink:

He seems like a great guy:up:

this is from a rolling stone article written by cameron crowe durring pj's time opeing for u2 on the zootv tour

Back in Rome, on the second day, Pearl Jam offer a combative performance. "I'll meet you back here at a club next time," Vedder says, to sprinkled applause. Later, he begins to goad them, telling them their stadium was built for soccer, not music. And below a neon Zoo TV sign, he playfully taunts further "Are we animals?" Let it never be said that Vedder doesn't enjoy the fine taste of the hand feeding him. His green T-shirt contains today's gaffer-taped message: PAUL IS DEAD. (Look up Bono's real name.) The set closes with Vedder donning a huge fly mask, dancing as if caught in a web. It is Pearl Jam's own lo-fi answer to Zoo TV. Not many fans here get it, but one who does is Bono, who watches curiously from the pit.

Bono responds later that night, onstage. "So you can't play music in a soccer stadium," he muses. 'Well, if you do, it better be good music . . ." But before the set is over, he hails Pearl Jam as "a great rock & roll band" And Vedder, Liebling and Ament will stay up all night with Bono and the Edge, talking passionately in a diner, debating the issue of the day, the emotional exchange rate on success. And at 6 a.m., there are Vedder and Ament exchanging hugs with Bono on an empty Roman street, arriving at the bus just in time for the trip to Dublin.

"I got all my questions answered," Ament confides. In the course of the dates with U2, he had discussed the hugeness vs. purity issue with all four members of that band. "And they basically told us this: We used to be like you. We used to be anti-anti... We used to be angry. But we love technology, like you love what you love. Next tour we might only play 3,000- seat halls. But this is where we are today. Ten years from now, you tell us where you are.' "

All kinds of lifelong dreams came true this past week...including Ed's...

I'm still trying to absorb it all...WOW is all I can muster without welling up....again...

I was just checking out the reviews on the PJ board.
:lol: Good lord, is setlist bitching the thing to do with bands these days? It's like someone cut and pasted a thread from here and changed the band name and song titles.

At least the people who saw the show seemed to give it a unanimous :up:

wow thanks Headache...these are great!

and it is amazing to see Bono and Eddie together... my 2 favorite artists :drool:

have ya ever seen another band sitting so close to watch a band play in an arena? looks like PJ is playing tribute to their kings in this picture lol

u2pj.jpg

lol @ headache re :red cup comment...at least its not "an entire can of beer"!!

These downloads are amazing...Canada was really lucky with this PJ tour...look at all the smaller cities they hit..wow. and it would be awesome if U2 had these avail after each show..:drool:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i'd post the picture of bono holding a red party cup on the side of the stage but i might get yelled at for insinuating that bono was drinking before he performed :madspit::wink:

:lmao:

ladywithspinninghead said:

Holy *%&?*, do they ever rock!! I love it!! :drool:

:drool: Thanks for the kick ass pictures!!! All my fav guys in one place just about makes my brain ooze out of my head. :lol:

Pearl Jam always rocks hard!! If you've never seen them live...Get yourself to a show!!!! I was at my 8th show at The Gorge in Washington and thank God the place doesn't have a roof, cuz they would have blown it off and into the next county.

Headache thanks for giving out the great PJ info! :heart: I have huge love and respect for both U2 and PJ and love knowing other people do as well.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
the program that pearl jam has for their downloads is simply amazing... fully mastered digital recordings of the show available within hours of the performance ending.

:bow: pearl jam :bow:

Can anyone go & get these downloads, or do you have to be a fan club member?

I want the WHOLE concert. :drool:

EPandAmerica said:

Can anyone go & get these downloads, or do you have to be a fan club member?

I want the WHOLE concert. :drool:

go to pealjam.com and click the bootleg link... anyone can order any of the bootlegs... you have to download a program that requires the latest version of java to run. cost for the entire concert was 9.99 american.

Headache, I'm getting the bootleg officially anyway, but jesus dude, you brought you're A game today! EXCELLENT JOB!! I suggest everybody go over to pearljam.com, get the bootleg and then get on U2's ass to do the same thing. HEADACHE FOR PREZ!!!!!!!!!!

elevation622 said:
Headache, I'm getting the bootleg officially anyway, but jesus dude, you brought you're A game today! EXCELLENT JOB!! I suggest everybody go over to pearljam.com, get the bootleg and then get on U2's ass to do the same thing. HEADACHE FOR PREZ!!!!!!!!!!

thank you thank you, but alas, due to the age restrictions i will not be able to run for president until 2016. but come then, it's on

Back
Top Bottom