Bono blessed my teachers baby.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoobaby14

War Child
Today while in class my teacher was telling us a story, She used to work in a very up market Sydney Hotel in the 90's

One day while going to the top floor in the service elevator she notices a 'small man, with a funny accent'

She asked him if he was here for business or a holiday, his reply "A bit of both"

He noticed her name tag (Her name happens to be Cherie) He was talking about how he calls his wife that, and that it means 'my darling' in french.

My teacher was about 7 months pregnat and he was talking about his kids.

He then asked if he could kiss the baby and bless it.
My teacher thought this guy was a loony, he then introduced himself as Paul Hewson.

So he kissed the baby and blessed it, and once they got to the top floor which was a launch of the Popmart tour, he huged my teacher and caried on with what he had to do.

My teachers work collegues rushed over and said "THAT WAS BONO!"
My teacher thought they where playing a joke on her and said "No his name is paul"

My teacher was amazed that it was him, and everytime her child sees him on tv she laughs and thinks it is very cool that Bono blessed her. :lol:

I thought it was a cute story, thought I would share.

I'm glad you girls liked it :)
I was dying with envy when she was telling me. :lol:

I thought that too Greety, suppose it was about 10 years ago though.
I think he would have known that she no idea who he was so used his real name.

^^I thought the same thing, she had no idea who she was dealing with.
he probably wanted to stay under cover....

although it wouldn't last very long, going to the top floor, where Popmart mayhem was breaking loose :D

Great story but...
Beware of little men with funny accents when you're alone in an elevator with them! That's kind of strange, even for Bono. I don't think I'd let some stranger kiss my belly if I was alone in the elevator with him...just sayin'.

When I was 17, I worked in a department store and some guy said he liked my shoes and thought his girlfriend might like them (they were the slip-on kind) and he asked if he could see them to see how well they were made. I was standing up so I kind of balanced myself and lifted my leg up to get the shoe off and when I did, he grabbed my foot and kissed the bottom of it..not the top...the bottom. Then he ran away. When I told my department boss, all she could do was laugh hysterically, while I was hysterical. All I could think of was that my feet stunk and that there really are people with foot fetishes :lol:

Were they alone in the elevator?

@Jorinde
My teacher not being the biggest U2 fan, thought he still would have had the Zoo tv style of hair, and of course he had the 'buzz' style.

@U2FloridaFan yes they where alone, it was the hotel's service lift, which is only ment for staff, but Bono being Bono can get away with almost anything :lol:

Great story but...
Beware of little men with funny accents when you're alone in an elevator with them! That's kind of strange, even for Bono. I don't think I'd let some stranger kiss my belly if I was alone in the elevator with him...just sayin'.

When I was 17, I worked in a department store and some guy said he liked my shoes and thought his girlfriend might like them (they were the slip-on kind) and he asked if he could see them to see how well they were made. I was standing up so I kind of balanced myself and lifted my leg up to get the shoe off and when I did, he grabbed my foot and kissed the bottom of it..not the top...the bottom. Then he ran away. When I told my department boss, all she could do was laugh hysterically, while I was hysterical. All I could think of was that my feet stunk and that there really are people with foot fetishes :lol:
:lol::lol:

Back
Top Bottom