Bono - " best 3 weeks in the studio since 1979"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought with HTDAAB they had very little until Lillywhite came on board...and then they were done in a few months.

Zooropa was a fast record. But then again, it wasn't a typically laboured studio work. Like the rest of the post 80's U2 albums. And it takes longer in the 00's. That said...they don't appear to be working with Lillywhite/Eno/Lanois -a new producer (Danger Mouse) might push them into working faster.

I thought they were pretty darn close to having a complete album prior to Lillywhite. I mean, we have Chris Thomas takes of Vertigo, Fast Cars, Sometimes You Can't...., Yahweh, All Because of You and then stuff like Mercy (though i don't think anyone knows when Mercy was written, or when that version we have was recorded) and Smile. I think one of the first songs to come out of the Lillywhite sessions was Miracle Drug, right? I don't know when COBL, A Man and a Woman and One Step Closer were born... Original of the Species had been kicking around since ATYCLB.

I don't know when COBL, A Man and a Woman and One Step Closer were born...
I thought City of Blinding Lights it was very loosley thought up of in the Pop era, and then there was more inspiration during the Elevation shows in New York right after 9/11.

As for when it took shape during the Bomb sessions, I have no idea.

Bonobingo.jpg

Is it that time already?

Holy crap, did you make that?

If so, I am declaring this your finest Interference moment.

That's brilliant, but you forgot to have a "dream out loud" square.

Maybe Bono actually said the best three weeks since 2009, and was mis-quoted.

I thought they were pretty darn close to having a complete album prior to Lillywhite. I mean, we have Chris Thomas takes of Vertigo, Fast Cars, Sometimes You Can't...., Yahweh, All Because of You and then stuff like Mercy (though i don't think anyone knows when Mercy was written, or when that version we have was recorded) and Smile. I think one of the first songs to come out of the Lillywhite sessions was Miracle Drug, right? I don't know when COBL, A Man and a Woman and One Step Closer were born... Original of the Species had been kicking around since ATYCLB.

They had finished that Chris Thomas album - late Summer 2003.
It was then that Larry and Adam said it wasn't good enough.
This is documented in U2 By U2.

COBL was known as "Scott Walker" back in '96, originating during the POP sessions. The title - A Man and a Woman appeared on the ATYCLB white board that was mentioned in some magazine. I still have a copy of all those songs titles somewhere.

i think there may be a need for a reopening of the office of u2 security :hmm:

Indeed! :up:

On a totally unrelated note, radio station in Hartford, CT this morning announced that U2 has spent three weeks in the studio and the forthcoming album is "loosely" titled Songs of Ascent and may be looking at a late - year release.

Sorry to have high jacked the Thread

^ I think that is 2 bingo squares covered! :lol:

Larry's face is my favourite part of that whole bingo card! :lmao:

We need to add squares for 'Digging into the well' and 'listening to what's out there'. Is there a Band Rebuttal card?

Edit: that has one square.

SHUT THE FUCK UP BONO

*insert appropriate Larry photo.

Back
Top Bottom