Bono article at Salon.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cool article..thanks for posting the link!I found this excerpt especially interesting..."
Great artists also have an intrinsic sense of timing, and U2 are no different. Just as "Achtung Baby" perfectly reflected the irony-obsessed early-'90s zeitgeist, "All That You Can't Leave Behind" embodies our renewed taste for the genuine, which has only increased following the events of Sept. 11. "

our renewed taste for the genuine?...well..last i checked when atyclb was released a yr ago..britney and nycnc were at the top of the charts...limp bizket was singing about the nookie...ever since the 11th..the taste for the genuine has increased...but when atyclb was released..it was a major misfit..

I like this article very much.
smile.gif
Thanx for posting it.

Good article.
Maybe the only good thing out of the last few weeks is what will happen to music. Whenever you feel really 'extreme' in one emotion or another (eg sad, depressed, in luurve)one of the first things you look for is something that feels what you are feeling. Most often a song that nails it for you. So if half the world is feeling down and out and scared and hurt and angry and asking questions about everything then they are not going to care who Britney is a slave for anymore and are going to start wanting to know why there's never gonna be peace on earth. So suddenly music that is in touch with all the emotions of the world will be back at the front.
Bono's not going to be able to write fast enough.

great article! I enjoyed reading it!

------------------
"Were one but we're not the same... some us like the POP LOOK!" - ME!

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

More signs that they are closing on The Beatles, very good article, thanks for sharing.

------------------
ALL THIS THAT

Thank-you, doctor, for that link. Great reading. You posted a refreshing, engaging thread without even saying anything...now that's talent.

Back
Top Bottom