bono annoys me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gickies Gageeze

Purgatory
again today, i heard with or without you on the radio, and i immediately turned away.

i find bono to be extremely annoying these days, and im not even sure why.

he used to be my hero. what happened? i like having hero's. has anyone else had this problem?

u2 hasnt interested me for about 2 years now. whats wrong with me?! this is QUITE the drought. when will it end?

its not that u2 not only doesnt interest me, but so much of their stuff on the radio grates on my nerves, and seeing bono actually makes me mad. WHY?!

please help me.

because they haven't DONE anything for 2 years.

it's not easy to ascribe their status 2 years ago to what we want to see them as now.

when they were on the oscars i totally forgot about it.

my only daily connection to u2 is this place, and it's hardly true that this is a beacon of u2dom for me considering the forums i frequent.

i would suggest that bono shouldn't really have been your hero in the first place.

To be honest, he's been annoying me lately as well. April can attest to that. I still love the guy, but sometimes he's too much.

Lilly said:

i would suggest that bono shouldn't really have been your hero in the first place.
true but when i first liked them, he wasnt going around everywhere saying "were the best band in the world," and wasnt wasting his time sucking up to critics everywhere.

i think thats probably the thing that irks me the most. his drop the debt work is still wonderful, in my opinion, but when it comes to his music, he makes me quite upset.

The only time I am annoyed is when I see he's not doing something with U2. Don't get me wrong, I think it's absolutely incredible what he is doing for Africa. But I'm a selfish fan who wants the singer in my favorite band to just shut up for a bit and sing and get a new record out soon and get on the road soon so I can see U2 live.

you know, if you don't watch tv or listen to listen to commercial radio, and don't go to u2-related websites, it's really easy to not see or hear anything about bono...

Now you know how the people who don't actually like the guy feel! Understand where all the 'he's a self-important, loudmouth twat!' stuff comes from?

Oh, Boo Hoo. :sad: should go watch some banned music videos. Help you appreciate what you do have.. :yes: Excuse me, this probably isn't the right place, just happen to land here. But, I've just read where the Miss Sarajevo video, and other's, have been taken off the play list for MTV, Europe, probably the US, too. :rant: :mad: So, I'm just going to look around and then go listen to some more music that might be upsetting to viewers and advertisers. Then ban them.:reject: while all the time, Bono dances away with his on my shoulder, head on my chest, in my dreams,whatever... :flirt:

Last edited:
bono doesn't annoy me either. and i think you guys who are annoyed should just stay away from mainstream media if hearing about him bugs you so much. you won't miss anything anyway. it's like listening to the radio. you can listen nearly every waking hour for 3 months, and not listen at all for 5, pick up after a week and still know every song

bono doesn't annoy me either...i can't really buy into this whole celebrity thing, i mean, who cares what bono has to say, really?

when i see magazines with who's-dating-who type articles i can't help thinking, "who the fuck cares?" and j.lo getting divorced? who cares? did she care when i got divorced?

and cellie, i adore you, but really...i don't even know the guy. how would i know anything about his ego? we only get from the media what we are served...and it's all wrong. i never ordered any of it...

bg, i see what your saying, i dont know anything about him either, but something about his personality, kinda rubs me the wrong way. its just me i guess...

i dont get it!

Sicy said:
Bono doesnt annoy me :shrug: :( :mad:

Me neither!
i think the big ego is a requirement for a lead singer in a rock band...like it or not...the man gets noticed...it can be a good or bad thing.

After all these years...Bono still thrills me!:heart:

icelle said:
bg, i see what your saying, i dont know anything about him either, but something about his personality, kinda rubs me the wrong way. its just me i guess...

no cell, you're right...his ego can be annoying. i mean i'm thinking now of how he told larry king he didn't even like the name u2...that was just rude :mad:

let's lift to bono's ego...*lift*

bonosgirl84 said:

no cell, you're right...his ego can be annoying. i mean i'm thinking now of how he told larry king he didn't even like the name u2...that was just rude :mad:

let's lift to bono's ego...*lift*

how is that rude?

:heart: Bono :heart:

Maybe its because I dont follow all his political junk.. I just listen to the music and watch videos. Interviews dont really even annoy me either. I cant think of anything he's said (that I've heard) that annoys me.

bono is a man.
a man blessed w alot of talent, and a man who only fears things that are relevant...and a man with
righteous
endeavours
and
intentions.

diamond
bruno.

i respect your opinion about bono, diamond...but sometimes you make him out to be some kind of jesus figure. he's only human. just like the rest of us.

im off to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom