Biggest Grossing Tours Of All Time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But that's incorrect. The Stones still are RIGHT NOW. They don't have to be on the road at the moment in order to calculate what their draw would be. I've been over this countless times. :doh:

I'm not talking about each show necessarily. And there ARE tens of thousands of tickets left OVERALL.

That's incorrect and not logical based on EVERY piece of compelling evidence I've provided COUNTLESS TIMES already.

1. Doesnt matter how many times you've gone over it. it's still Speculations and opinions not facts. you can calculate all you want, but until the stones tour and prove your calculations are correct, then it's not a fact.

2. How do you know there are tens of thousands of tickets left? once again speculations.

3. I do not find your evidence very compelling..no offense. What I do find compelling are facts. Fact is U2 is top concert draw in the world as of right now. There's 100's of articles saying the same thing I am.

Stones list is definitely stronger. Dave Mathews Band alone probably grossed more and played to more people in touring than all of U2's openers combined. Not to mention Metallica who's probably sold more records than all of U2's openers combined. Oh then there's nickleback..but I'll stop at that..lol

here is evidence to back up my Dave Mathews point at #7 on the list
and Metallica #17

Billboard.com

Motley Crue, Smashing Pumpkins, Beck, and the John Mayer Trio. Also, Alanis Morrisette.

Pic is about 30 mins before U2 starts at Azteca show 1!

296384992.jpg

What a load coming from the predictor of only 28,000 attendance for U2 360 in Dallas as well as 31,000 in Houston, 31,000 in Charlotesville, 31,000 in Ralaigh, 31,000 in Norman!:wink: Only a $1,800,000 GROSS in Dallas! LOL

Why do you keep pointing out the FEW incorrect predictions I made and ignore the overall correct ones? :rolleyes:

No one agrees with your 10% rule. Here is the list of openers. I'll tell you what, I'll submit this to a poll on the UKMIX FORUM and will see what the majority of people in that forum think has the stronger openers!

Rolling Stones openers on A Bigger Bang:

01. Toots & the Maytals
02. The Black Eyed Peas
03. Alice Cooper
04. Maroon 5
05. Beck
06. Pearl Jam
07. The Smashing Pumpkins
08. Alanis Morissette
09. Christina Aguilera
10. Mötley Crüe
11. Metallica
12. Bonnie Raitt
13. Trey Anastasio
14. Dave Matthews Band
15. Living Colour
16. The Living End
17. Joss Stone
18. Nickelback
19. Buddy Guy
20. The Charlatans
21. Feeder
22. the John Mayer Trio
23. Wilco
24. Richie Kotzen
25. Our Lady Peace

Openers on U2 360:

01. Snow Patrol
02. Kaiser Chiefs
03. Glasvegas
04. Damien Dempsey
05. Republic Of Loose
06. Bell X1
07. The Script
08. Elbow
09. The Hours
10. Muse
11. Black Eyed Peas
12. Kasabian
13. Razorlight
14. One Republic
15. Aviv Geffen
16. Interpol
17. Jay-Z
18. Springbok Nude Girls
19. Amadou & Mariam
20. The Fray
21. Lenny Kravitz
22. Florence And The Machine
23. Carney
24. Arcade Fire

If you went up to the average person on the street, the list that they would recognize the most artist on is the Stones list. If added up the album sales of the artist on each list, the Stones list would win. If you added up the lifetime concert gross of the two list, the Stones list would win!

If there is One list that is stronger than the other, it is without a doubt the artist on the Stones list!

It doesn't matter if anyone "agrees" with me. This is simply because almost NO ONE here studies the concert business as much as I have. Regardless, there are boxscores PROVING that U2's openers are bigger draws than The Stones' openers, in relation to the amount of shows each opener has played. So there's NOTHING to debate here. We've been over this COUNTLESS TIMES now. And there's NO point posting info on the ukmix.org forum because they're even more clueless than most of the posters here regarding the concert business.

Why do you keep pulling this shit?
facepalm.gif

Lets see, I took the time to put together a market by market assessment of what a "Strategically Scheduled" Stones tour based on 360 would do in Europe.

You claim you already did that, but won't show the results. But if you already carefully estimated each market, just copy and paste the results here! Or, are you admitting you just pulled the $300 million figure out of your ass?

Tell us, where is the objectivity in simply CLAIMING that the Stones could do over $300 million in Europe, but failing to explain how?

Maybe I will...IF YOU STOP LYING THROUGH YOUR TEETH regarding just about everything in this thread that has to do with boosting U2's draw and diminishing The Stones' draw. :rolleyes:

Where is the evidence that the Stones could gross OVER $300 million in Europe on a Bigger Bang? You have yet to show us your assessment market by market.

When are you going to stop your BS...?

Posting the factual results of what each artist did on the road is not lying or manipulating anything. Its simply the truth.

I didn't say it was, genius. I WAS TALKING ABOUT YOUR OVERALL POST HISTORY REGARDING THIS SUBJECT.

Taking the the boxscore figures and bending them to fit your beliefs is where spin and manipulation BEGIN!

Wtf are you talking about? YOU'VE AGREED WITH ME REGARDING THE 360 TOUR'S HEAVY UTILIZATION OF STRATEGIC SCHEDULING. If that wasn't the case, then your first North American leg prediction wouldn't have been similar to mine...but it was. You're not fooling ANYONE who's paying attention here. :rolleyes:

Luckily, you won't be able to spin your way out of the predictions you made for Madonna and the Stones next tours, which at least for Madonna will indeed be a hoot when the results come in. :wink:

I won't have to. Because there's no way based on the criteria we agreed on, that both artists' next tours will come out to exactly the amount of shows, nor the exact amount of gross both artists will achieve. Duh!

Stones list is definitely stronger. Dave Mathews Band alone probably grossed more and played to more people in touring than all of U2's openers combined. Not to mention Metallica who's probably sold more records than all of U2's openers combined. Oh then there's nickleback..but I'll stop at that..lol

here is evidence to back up my Dave Mathews point at #7 on the list
and Metallica #17

Billboard.com

ONCE AGAIN:

1. Metallica only opened TWO SHOWS for The Stones in San Fran in 2005.
2. DMB performed their own headlining tour in the summer of 2006, just WEEKS before opening for the Stones in El Paso and Seattle only (most of the other times DMB opened for them were in 1998 in Europe, where DMB are a much weaker draw), which diminishes their draw considerably.
3. Nickelback were NOWHERE near the draw they were when they opened for The Stones several years ago, compared to the draw they are NOW.

Why are you ignoring these points?
:rolleyes:

You have yet to give us your market by market breakdown of how the Stones could gross over $300 million in Europe. That would be far more interesting, informative and new as opposed to you repeating the words "countless times" in multiple posts.

So what?

You have yet to say more than a few honest statements regarding what the current draw of The Stones really is.

So if Madonna only grosses $500 million on her next 110 date tour, your still going to claim she is bigger than U2 when it comes to concert demand?

Are you EVER going to not blur the lines regarding U2's draw? :rolleyes:

LOL Hey, Bonnie Rait has the same drawing strength as that opener that U2 used in Brazil. That openers individual results in Brazil are very similar to these!:wink:

Wrong. Muse is currently an ARENA and STADIUM draw WORLDWIDE. And they've been that for the past few years. :rolleyes:

1. Doesnt matter how many times you've gone over it. it's still Speculations and opinions not facts. you can calculate all you want, but until the stones tour and prove your calculations are correct, then it's not a fact.

But that's what you're STILL not getting. Why else do you think the North American first leg 360 tour predictions made by Maoil and I were nearly dead on? If you have the correct info to refer to and study, the vast majority of the time, it's not that hard to predict what an artists' draw will be...

2. How do you know there are tens of thousands of tickets left? once again speculations.

Because THERE ARE. It's not speculation. It's a FACT. You're the one checking the ticket sites online and posting the info that apparently states just how many tix are left at many of the venues. So, OF ALL PEOPLE, YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT. :rolleyes:

3. I do not find your evidence very compelling..no offense. What I do find compelling are facts. Fact is U2 is top concert draw in the world as of right now. There's 100's of articles saying the same thing I am.

Well, you're extremely naive regarding this subject. No offense.

Motley Crue, Smashing Pumpkins, Beck, and the John Mayer Trio. Also, Alanis Morrisette.

Motley Crue opened for The Stones ONCE.

Smashing Pumpkins, Beck and The John Mayer Trio are all theatre draws.

Alanis Morissette USED TO BE an arena draw. But for the past ten years, she's been a theatre draw.

Why do you keep pointing out the FEW incorrect predictions I made and ignore the overall correct ones? :rolleyes:

?[/COLOR][/FONT]
facepalm.gif

Because its perfect evidence showing weaknesses in several of your theories. The Majority of people here or on UKMIX FORUM, don't believe your 10% criteria for opening acts or the degree to which strategic scheduling impacts the tour.

Oh, I know, you'll claim that you know more than any human alive about the concert business as an example of why everyone is wrong and your right. But remember this, the majority of these people spotted and called you out on a horrible predictions like a Dallas attendance of only 28,000.

You may be able to spin your way out of hypothetical claims like the Stones grossing over $300 million on A Bigger Bang, but you'll never be able to spin your way out of the 360 predictions for Dallas, Norman, Houston, Charlotesville, Raleigh, as well as this summers shows in Salt Lake, St. Louis, Denver and a couple of others.

Maybe I will...IF YOU STOP LYING THROUGH YOUR TEETH regarding just about everything in this thread that has to do with boosting U2's draw and diminishing The Stones' draw. :rolleyes:

You know, most objective and honest people don't go around accusing other people of lying or making faces at them. Also, if they do make a claim, they back up it with facts. So where is your market by market break down showing how the Stones could gross $300 million in Europe on a Bigger Bang?

I won't have to. Because there's no way based on the criteria we agreed on, that both artists' next tours will come out to exactly the amount of shows, nor the exact amount of gross both artists will achieve. Duh!

What? You don't think they may do a tour of 110 shows grossing $850 million and $900 million respectively? :wink: Then why did you make that your prediction? LOL

Sorry buddy, but your locked in, no backing out now!:wink: If the Stones and Madonna are anywhere near as popular as you claim them to be, they will both be beating 360 on their next tours. If not, you lose!:wink:

ONCE AGAIN:

3. Nickelback were NOWHERE near the draw they were when they opened for The Stones several years ago, compared to the draw they are NOW.

Why are you ignoring these points?

Really whats the difference? I know Nickelback played to 28,000 people at Hershey Stadium in 2007. Could Muse or the Black Eyed Peas do that? NOPE!

Motley Crue opened for The Stones ONCE.

Smashing Pumpkins, Beck and The John Mayer Trio are all theatre draws.

Alanis Morissette USED TO BE an arena draw. But for the past ten years, she's been a theatre draw.

The fact is, all of those artist are bigger draws than the MAJORITY of the artist that have opened for U2 on 360! Remember, The Black Eyed Peas opened for the Stones too!:wink:

So what?

You have yet to say more than a few honest statements regarding what the current draw of The Stones really is.

Are you EVER going to not blur the lines regarding U2's draw? :rolleyes:

I've given a detailed market by market break down of a strategically scheduled Stones tour in Europe! By comparison, all you have done is cry, whine, and scream that other people are lying. When are we going to see some objectivity?

As for U2's draw, all I have done is post the boxscore's. The basic factual information unedited!

That would be just Istanbul: http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/5851/panoramaist.jpg

But still, it's the highest attended non-festival concert ever held in Turkey.

This picture looks as though it was taken after Snow Patrol had finished. The stadium filled up a fair bit more even after U2 took the stage. This was due to traffic problems getting to the stadium. Yes, the stadium was nowhere near capacity but not as empty as this picture would suggest.

EXACTLY. U2 obviously need these openers to help fill up most of their 360 tour shows.

No.

But the Stones might, given their opener choices.

But that's what you're STILL not getting. Why else do you think the North American first leg 360 tour predictions made by Maoil and I were nearly dead on? If you have the correct info to refer to and study, the vast majority of the time, it's not that hard to predict what an artists' draw will be...

Because THERE ARE. It's not speculation. It's a FACT. You're the one checking the ticket sites online and posting the info that apparently states just how many tix are left at many of the venues. So, OF ALL PEOPLE, YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT. :rolleyes:

Well, you're extremely naive regarding this subject. No offense.

1. My predictions were very close as well..lol its not rocket science.

2. No.. Salt Lake City is the only ticket site that tells you exactly how many tickets are left. I simply gave results of how many sections had SINGLE/SOLD OUT/MULTIPLES left for the rest of the shows to give people a basic idea of how well the shows are selling. I do not believe I said there are 100's or 1000's or tens of thousands of tickets left, if I did I would be speculating or guessing. I did say the orignial 16 shows have the same results as they did last year so they've sold close to 1 million tickets, but still given that I do not know exactly how many tickets have been sold, I'm giving my best guess.

3. I'm not naive about anything, you obviously have a profound hatred and bias against U2. No offense, but do you realize how naive you look in this forum?

ONCE AGAIN:

1. Metallica only opened TWO SHOWS for The Stones in San Fran in 2005.
2. DMB performed their own headlining tour in the summer of 2006, just WEEKS before opening for the Stones in El Paso and Seattle only (most of the other times DMB opened for them were in 1998 in Europe, where DMB are a much weaker draw), which diminishes their draw considerably.

Why are you ignoring these points? :rolleyes:

I'm not ignoring anything, the fact is the stones used stronger openers than u2 did overall...its obvious..lol

Because its perfect evidence showing weaknesses in several of your theories. The Majority of people here or on UKMIX FORUM, don't believe your 10% criteria for opening acts or the degree to which strategic scheduling impacts the tour.

No, it's not perfect evidence at all. I'm right most of the time. And AGAIN, it doesn't matter if the ukmix.org or interference forumers don't believe the 10% criteria for openers or the degree to which strategic scheduling impacts the tour. This is simply because most of them don't know that much about the concert business.

Oh, I know, you'll claim that you know more than any human alive about the concert business as an example of why everyone is wrong and your right. But remember this, the majority of these people spotted and called you out on a horrible predictions like a Dallas attendance of only 28,000.

Wow! Big deal! We can discuss your Toronto prediction if you'd like as well! :applaud:

You may be able to spin your way out of hypothetical claims like the Stones grossing over $300 million on A Bigger Bang, but you'll never be able to spin your way out of the 360 predictions for Dallas, Norman, Houston, Charlotesville, Raleigh, as well as this summers shows in Salt Lake, St. Louis, Denver and a couple of others.

First of all, the ONLY spinning going on is from bias U2 fans like yourself. Secondly, I already said SLC, Dallas, Houston, North Carolina were a few of the markets that were underbooked on the Vertigo tour. Thirdly, St. Louis wouldn't have a show this year if Kansas, Iowa/Nebraska weren't skipped. And lastly, Denver is getting a MAJOR boost (we're talking over $1 million) because SLC was added MONTHS afterwards, despite the fact both shows are the same week.

We've already been over this...yet you keep bringing it up for some reason.
:doh:

You know, most objective and honest people don't go around accusing other people of lying or making faces at them. Also, if they do make a claim, they back up it with facts.

I've backed ALL of my points up with compelling evidence and/or or factual information. ANYONE who's been paying attention knows by now you're full of it much of the time.

So where is your market by market break down showing how the Stones could gross $300 million in Europe on a Bigger Bang?

Once you start bringing honesty into this discussion, I just might show you...

What? You don't think they may do a tour of 110 shows grossing $850 million and $900 million respectively? :wink: Then why did you make that your prediction? LOL

I didn't say that, smartass.

Sorry buddy, but your locked in, no backing out now!:wink: If the Stones and Madonna are anywhere near as popular as you claim them to be, they will both be beating 360 on their next tours. If not, you lose!:wink:

Uh, they'll beat them but only BASED ON THE CRITERIA WE AGREED ON.

Really whats the difference? I know Nickelback played to 28,000 people at Hershey Stadium in 2007. Could Muse or the Black Eyed Peas do that? NOPE!

Here, let me post what I said AGAIN:

Nickelback were NOWHERE near the draw they were when they opened for The Stones several years ago, compared to the draw they are NOW.

If you have factual info contradicting the above statement, POST IT.

The fact is, all of those artist are bigger draws than the MAJORITY of the artist that have opened for U2 on 360!

Boxscores and compelling evidence PROVE what you say to be incorrect.

Remember, The Black Eyed Peas opened for the Stones too!:wink:

Remember, The Black Eyed Peas were also NOWHERE NEAR the draw they were several years ago, compared to the draw they were in 2009 or are now.

I've given a detailed market by market break down of a strategically scheduled Stones tour in Europe!

So what?

By comparison, all you have done is cry, whine, and scream that other people are lying.

LOL! No, what I've done is provided compelling evidence and/or factual info PROVING your claims are BS. :lol:

When are we going to see some objectivity?

:lol: Coming from you, that's probably the most hilarious thing I've heard in a LONG time. Irony. Look into it. :lol:

As for U2's draw, all I have done is post the boxscore's. The basic factual information unedited!

No, that's not all you've done. You've mainly BS'ed your way through this thread trying to make others think that U2 are a larger draw than The Stones, despite the fact they're not. And you've also low-balled your estimations regarding U2's openers draw and high-balled The Stones' openers draw. And I've been there to call you on it and PROVE that you're full of it by providing compelling evidence and/or factual info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom