Biggest/Best Band in the World by year since 1980

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MsMofoGone said:

Well, I was NOT referring to Australia, anyway !!
Some cities in Europe and Japan is where they were known best !! (besides North America, in general ...)

But were talking about biggest band in the world. If the band weren't big in the UKI, Australia, Africa, South America,......

Originally posted by boystupidboy
Journey??? Definately not a big band in the UK.

Not now in this era they're not ... especially because that
group has changed their music and has a different lead singer now as well ... Did you even bother to read my past post Boy??
I was talking about 1980 ... Please, don't get me started here with you again !!

MsMofoGone said:

Not now in this era they're not ... especially because that
group has changed their music and has a different lead singer now as well ... Did you even bother to read my past post Boy??
I was talking about 1980 ... Please, don't get me started here with you again !!

BoyStupidBoy is about the same age as me. ie young enough to recall the 1980's first hand.

beli said:

BoyStupidBoy is about the same age as me. ie young enough to recall the 1980's first hand.
How do you know how old i am??
Still could'nt name a single 'Journey' track:eyebrow:
Please dont start having a go at me........or are you in cahoots with that weirdo Aardvark??

boystupidboy said:

How do you know how old i am??
Still could'nt name a single 'Journey' track:eyebrow:
Please dont start havinfg a go at me........or are you in cahoots with that weirdo Aardvark??

'Wheel in the Sky' and 'Don't stop Believin' were there 'biggest' hits in the UK I think. U can find them on a lot of soft rock compilations.

Oh and as for weirdo......KISS IT!:madspit:

:wink:

Aardvark747 said:
1982 was a great year.....December 16th in particular:cool:

Great year, yes. U2 were making amazing music. :rockon:

16 December was notable over in Oslo. They got a Pre-War gig. :drool:

beli said:

lol. I didn't mean it like an affection term, I meant it liek "Shit! I've been buying music for a while". That kind of "sugar". :wink:

Now, now, don't go ruining his fantasies. :shame:

beli said:

But were talking about biggest band in the world. If the band weren't big in the UKI, Australia, Africa, South America,......

Just because they were NOT big in the ENTIRE world does NOT mean they still weren't a big band in the world ... I still say Journey was big elsewhere in the world!! Another example is
like The Police were big in the ENTIRE world?? I think not !! The Police's Synchronicity Tour in 1983 did NOT tour anywhere in South Africa and people have chosen that group as biggest band in the world for 1983 ...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom