Best of 1990-2000 DVD: Comments?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flaming june

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I got it today... twice. I was pretty sure I wouldn't get it in the mail today, so I went to the store and bought it, coz I couldn't wait.. :coocoo: I got home, and the one I ordered online had also arrived. I opened one of them and started watching it, when all of a sudden, there was a blackout. :huh: Can you say irony? So there I was with two U2 DVD's and no way of watching them.

Fortunately, the power came back about 1 1/2 an hour ago and I was able to watch all the documentaries and a few of the videos. :happy: Some of the highlights:

1) The director of Discotheque commenting that they had the go-go dancer from the video dance over Larry on one of the scenes to get him more interested and excited about the video and to make up for all the annoyance the whole thing involved for him. Larry, you dawg you!

2) The EBTTRT video director commenting that Adam's crotch cast a shadow over the whole project. :eek:

3) Bono hooting at Larry in drag and saying "here come the babes" :lol:

4) Larry is sexy in make-up. Seriously. :drool: He was really putting on quite a show for that camera. But it was funny seeing him in a dress and pantyhose with his biker boots. :lmao:

5) Gawd, I hate Samantha Morton! Why does she have to run her hand across Larry's back like that? He has a nice back too... and those moobs. I still can't get over seeing him dropping buckets of water on himself.

OK, those are the first impressions of a (as if it weren't obvious enough) Larry girl. I'll have to rewatch it and actually look at the other guys to be able to comment more on them. :reject:

It's a nice DVD, I love the directors commentaries. :D

Flaming June, I just wrote my comments at the same time as you in another thread! Mods, merge them!
But yes, I was just saying how pleased I am, this is awesome!
:D:D:dance::dance:

Last edited:
flaming june said:

4) Larry is sexy in make-up. Seriously. :drool: He was really putting on quite a show for that camera. But it was funny seeing him in a dress and pantyhose with his biker boots. :lmao:

I want to see Larry in make up :drool: !!!

Ok, that was insane! Must watch Hands over and over again! I am going to be obsessed with this DVD for a long time I think!
At the end Bono lets out this little smile while singing the chorus, this song is so beautiful, it sounds better on DVD too !

MAH I have it
but I am not allowed to watch it by personal decree til I finish studying for finals tomorrow

you: Then what are you doing online?

Me: oh yeah...
souLnation, :heart: your sig :heart:

fj, I did the same thing with the best of cd... cept the whole blackout thing
*studies furiously*

Okay, I sorta-kinda watched it... Read: Breezed through parts cos I have to study/go to bed

Random thoughts: God, I love U2. Bono is HOT. I miss toat. I can't believe those are real airplanes in Beautiful Day, I'm not that brave. Why did they use the live UTEOTW instead of the video on the AB video? Is it just me or did they change the little monologue at the beginning of TGBHF?

Coherant thoughts:
1. How great is the video for THTBA? Gah.. I think I might even like the version on the dvd better than the Best of... :drool: YUMMY

2. The video for LNOE is different. Most obviously at the beginning, it no longer says the words (i.e. FOUR HARD MEN). I was sad.

3. I CAN'T WAIT TIL SATURDAY WHEN I CAN START MAKNG STILLS
*has issues*

4. MOOOOOOOOOOOFOOOOOOOOOOO

okay, I'm done now :D

SpanishEyes21 said:
I dont have a DVD player :scream: :sad: :scream: :sad: :scream: :sad:
Does it come on video? :reject:

fj, are there any Edge highlights?

I'd say the Numb video on DVD is an Edge highlight. Gawd he looks beautiful! :drool: But, as I said, shame on me, I concentrated on Larry when I saw it yesterday.

Kristie said:
2. The video for LNOE is different. Most obviously at the beginning, it no longer says the words (i.e. FOUR HARD MEN). I was sad. [/B]

I didn't like that they took the words out... but I did notice that there are some shots of Larry's face that weren't there before, I think.

SpanishEyes21 said:

This is my favorite Edge moment from the DVD so far... I literally gasped when he looked into the camera like this

edgehands1.jpg

Kristie said:

2. The video for LNOE is different. Most obviously at the beginning, it no longer says the words (i.e. FOUR HARD MEN). I was sad.

:scratch: Weren't some parts of the Discotheque vid different too??? Or were my eyes playing tricks on me when I was watching it at 2 a.m.?!? :huh:

SpanishEyes21 said:
I dont have a DVD player :scream: :sad: :scream: :sad: :scream: :sad:
Does it come on video? :reject:

The VHS doesn't have the directors' commentaries, unfortunately. I only watched one video with commentary last night and it was Discotheque. Very worth, especially when Stephane Sednoui (I totally murdered the name, I'm sure) completely starts cracking up when Edge takes the screen in his leather gear. He talked about the choreography for the video and how Edge was really serious about doing it right and Bono did it his way, then Adam was just Adam and that worked fine, but Larry did not want to do it and puroposefully looked miserable so everyone would know he didn't want to do it.

SpanishEyes, there are so many Edge highlights. Like the "Story of One," AB was a good era for him. And as erised said, he looks so gorgeous in the video for Hands. The video for The Fly is included, and that one is so OMG Edge-wise (greatest shoulders). LNOE is cool ( :edge: mesh!!!!).

Ooh, on a totally seperate note, I was totally excited that the guy who narrated the making of Elevation live narrated the making of ES. He rocks!!!

dsmith2904 said:

Ooh, on a totally seperate note, I was totally excited that the guy who narrated the making of Elevation live narrated the making of ES. He rocks!!!

Oooooh! I love that guy's accent! Reminds me of Larry's. :yes:

I went to Best Buy today at one of the local malls, and they were all out of the DVD:sad: I'm really bummed, I checked Target, Wal-Mart & K-Mart and they didn't have it either. I guess I'll have to order it on line.

dipster said:
I went to Best Buy today at one of the local malls, and they were all out of the DVD:sad: I'm really bummed, I checked Target, Wal-Mart & K-Mart and they didn't have it either. I guess I'll have to order it on line.

Tower Records had a bunch yesterday. The Wherehouse or Virgin might have them in stock, you could try Borders as well.

dsmith2904 said:

Tower Records had a bunch yesterday. The Wherehouse or Virgin might have them in stock, you could try Borders as well.

Thank you, I should of thought of Borders, it was right next to Best Buy:banghead:

Me right now--->:hyper:
i cant waiiiiit till Chrimbo

and Cat, that sig is great, hahaaa

Last edited:
dsmith2904 said:

The VHS doesn't have the directors' commentaries, unfortunately. I only watched one video with commentary last night and it was Discotheque. Very worth, especially when Stephane Sednoui (I totally murdered the name, I'm sure) completely starts cracking up when Edge takes the screen in his leather gear. He talked about the choreography for the video and how Edge was really serious about doing it right and Bono did it his way, then Adam was just Adam and that worked fine, but Larry did not want to do it and puroposefully looked miserable so everyone would know he didn't want to do it.

SpanishEyes, there are so many Edge highlights. Like the "Story of One," AB was a good era for him. And as erised said, he looks so gorgeous in the video for Hands. The video for The Fly is included, and that one is so OMG Edge-wise (greatest shoulders). LNOE is cool ( :edge: mesh!!!!).

Thanks for the highlights, but now im confused :confused: Should I wait till i get a DVD player, which wont be till early next year or just to go ahead and buy the VHS and then buy the DVD later?
Decisions, decisions:crazy: :scratch: :huh:

The Fly is different.
There's two shots in the one I have that are definately not on the DVD video... the close-up of Bono's mouth when he says "achtung baby" and when he's licking his pinky. There's some other footage as well that I don't recognize, but I can't say for sure...

the moral of this story is, I guess you won't get this still supersized...
fly%60bonomouth.jpg

although that would be kind of frightening, that the size of my desktop could probably eat my head

Back
Top Bottom