Best Non-Single Survivor: Zooropa - Round Three

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for the song you consider to be the WORST.

• Zooropa

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car

Votes: 22 26.5%
  • The First Time

Votes: 18 21.7%
  • Dirty Day

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • The Wanderer

Votes: 28 33.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
PLEASE VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE SONG!

The second song to be eliminated from Zooropa was Some Days Are Better Than Others.

25 - Some Days Are Better Than Others
18 - The Wanderer
6 - Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car, The First Time
5 - Dirty Day
1 - Zooropa

Total votes = 61

Already Eliminated From Zooropa:
2. Some Days Are Better Than Others
1. Babyface

Final Qualifiers:
Boy - The Electric Co.
October - Tomorrow
War - Like A Song ...
The Unforgettable Fire - Promenade
The Joshua Tree - Running To Stand Still
Rattle And Hum - Heartland
Achtung Baby - Zoo Station

How to play: Each album will have a series of rounds of voting. In an album's first round, all non-singles from the album will be listed and you vote for the song you think is the WORST. The song with the most votes is eliminated. This continues through the subsequent rounds until we are left with just one song from each album. These victorious songs proceed to the final, which will be conducted in the same manner until just one song is left, which you can consider to be the Best Non-Single or Least Objectionable Non-Single, depending upon your perspective.

If there's a draw, for most rounds, both songs are eliminated. If there's only 2 or 3 songs left, I'll leave the poll open for another day, when there'll hopefully be a decisive outcome.

Btw...when do I need to start paying attnetion to my post count? when it's getting close to 1,000 (when I change status)

"Car" is the weakest of this bunch, but still a very fun song.

i just noticed......119 votes through the first two rounds and 34 so far this round which equals 153 votes. ONLY ONE PERSON HAS VOTED ZOOROPA. i love this song (probably a top 30 or 25 for me) and i knew it was the best of the songs but i did not think it would dominate the album like this......the only other songs thats done something like this was Running To Stand Still which was the best song there as well

Last edited:
I'm amazed at how close this round is.

Right now:
15 - The First Time
14 - The Wanderer
12 - Daddy's Gonna Pay

I thought this was going to be a contest between Daddy's Gonna Pay and Wanderer - I never thought there'd be so much voting for The First Time.

Axver said:
I never thought there'd be so much voting for The First Time.
the first time is my favourite song on the album and is my 16th favourite overall, you guys are mean
emo.gif

KhanadaRhodes said:

the first time is my favourite song on the album and is my 16th favourite overall, you guys are mean
emo.gif

I voted to save it :hug: Is your overall favourite list etched in stone? I suddenly feel inadequate without a list of my own :wink:

angelordevil said:

I voted to save it :hug: Is your overall favourite list etched in stone? I suddenly feel inadequate without a list of my own :wink:

When you're bored try to make a top 50 or something like that. I thought to do a top 100 but I had no patience and stoped at 67.

btw...

Zooropa #52

The First Time not listed

The Wanderer #18

SDABTO not listed

daddy's gonna pay not listed... this would be in the last 15 or something like that

Dirty Day #23

:nerd:

angelordevil said:
You could do a countdown stream, complete with long-distance dedications ala Casey Kasem! :D
:lol: i don't have a microphone though :( maybe i should buy one though, i've been meaning to :hmm: this way everyone can make fun of my voice :happy:

MacPhistoPT said:
When you're bored try to make a top 50 or something like that. I thought to do a top 100 but I had no patience and stoped at 67.
oh i'm always bored :drool: but the top 30 was hard enough. my top five was easy, expanding to my top 10 was all right. but expanding to my top 30 made me feel like i was at a pet shelter deciding which kitties to adopt :(

KhanadaRhodes said:

oh i'm always bored :drool: but the top 30 was hard enough. my top five was easy, expanding to my top 10 was all right. but expanding to my top 30 made me feel like i was at a pet shelter deciding which kitties to adopt :(

I had 65 songs but then I realized I forgot Zooropa and An Cat Dubh and I had to extend to 67. And now I realised I forgot Babyface which I always defend, and love. Continuing like this I'll get to top 100 :drool:

But of course it gets innacurate after the 15/20th positions. i.e. Discothèque is #55 and Mysterious Ways #58 but it could be disco #58 and MW #55...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom