Best Album Cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
October looks AWFUL. It's as if someone has taken a picture of the band and pasted it into MS paint and used the font from paint to do the lettering and have forgotten to fill in the rest of the ugly white. Plus all the copies I've saw have a promo shot of the band in UF era at the back which isn't very good.

photo_blackim_u2.jpg

:drool:

Boy - simple image that perfectly fits the freshness and innocence of the album.

JT - not my personal favourite but the whole desert imagery is undeniably iconic and striking.

AB - love the colours and the mish-mash of edgy, interesting images. It's very much a cover art of its day but I think it still looks fresh and exciting even after all those years; by comparison I don't think that either Zooropa or POP covers aged that well.

ATYCLB - can't really pinpoint what I like about the cover but I just find the whole image of the band waiting in an airport very evocative.

October cover is easily the worst IMO. Godawful band photo, dated typography. I also don't like the HTDAAB cover at all; Bono's image especially gives me a weird unpleasant impression that someone transposed his head from another photo.

AtomicBono said:
...and the iconic, powerful look of the boy on War.

:up:

b000001f3d01os1.jpg

Like the album, War's cover is probably underrated. I found it kind of disturbing when I was younger, but the image is extremely powerful. The look in the boy's eyes is like a maddening mix of Lord of the Flies and the overall outrageousness of war.

Achtung is still the best, however...it instantly recalls my lip-synching-with-a-hairbrush days :wink:

I love the UF cover, its such a beautiful picture and i really like the colours, i think the image is striking

angelordevil said:

:up:

b000001f3d01os1.jpg

Like the album, War's cover is probably underrated. I found it kind of disturbing when I was younger, but the image is extremely powerful. The look in the boy's eyes is like a maddening mix of Lord of the Flies and the overall outrageousness of war.

YES! :up: I could look at the War cover forever. I bought a vinyl copy just so I could frame it and hang it up.

I agree about Bono on the HTDAAB cover, something about him just looks weird...his hair, I dunno, but I hate that cover. :lol:

I think Bono's hair looks terrible in any photos from HTDAAB era. Like it's playmobile plastic clip on hair. I was so glad when he cut it.

I vote for War

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom