bathroom stall build quality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a phobia of public restrooms. I have horrible dreams about them on a regular basis. :|

I would never sit on a public toilet seat, seat cover or not. :crack:

Bono's American Wife said:

the one at a park near my house has sides but no doors...I will not use that restroom :tsk:

I didnt use it either!! I found the only stall that had sides and a door and use it.

Oh I also love how other people walk in on you when supposedly the lock works or they bang at the door that they just saw you enter:huh:

ILuvLarryMullen said:
I won't sit on the seat either and I try not to touch anything. If the bathroom door has no hook you can loop the shoulder strap of your purse over the corner of the door. When i was in high school it was popular to not carry a backpack, just carry your notebook and a purse (which I didn't do) and all these girls would just throw their notebooks onto the floor of their bathroom stall :barf:

I'm so glad there are others who share this phobia and hatred! Everyone else in the public bathroom seems quite happy with the place. :|

No one has mentioned gunky sinks. I hate gunky sinks just as much. I mean, when you've just been in a nasty stall, you want to at least wash your hands. And then you go to the sink and it looks like someone shaved and then then, possibly, threw up in it.

Women's bathrooms are ten times worse than men's. I have this on authority.

the worst public restroom experience ever was woodstock '99 at which the porta johns never got emptied. by the 3rd day they were all overflowing and there were used tampons all over the seats and stuff, it was the grossest thing of all time. so what does one do to take care of business during one of these times? let's just say it involves a tent and a cardboard box. anywho, thats enough of this talk.

hi missvelvetdress

im glad i first went to the last post to see who'd been posting last

ill now spare me the rest of it!

grrrrrrreat, thanks!!!!!!!!!

Public toilets rate up their with telemarketers and carsalesmen. I regret never having mastered the art of squatting. But even that is kinda gross, putting your feet on the seat and hoping you aim right...And as much as I think it would be a handy trick to have acquired...No offence girls, but I gotta say it is one of the most disgusting aspects of public bathroom. Footprints? Wee spatters? We aren't cave people! But in reality, you're gonna get the germs crawling all over you no matter how you go. I'm like Stories and build a loo paper seat as loo's over here rarely have the paper cover things. Hell, they rarely have soap. And another no offence to folks, but I dont see how you can walk out without washing your hands! I know they're the most disgusting place we can ever have the displeasure of setting foot in, but at least psychologically you can feel like you've attempted to wash off everyone else's germs and diseases!
Argh. Sorry to be ranting here lol. I have an almost phobia of public toilets. Once, I nearly got into a bit of a fight with a lady in a public toilet. I was 7 months pregnant and absolutely BUSTING to go. I ran in, and lo-and-behold, the queue was about 20 deep. I was in pain. Then I spied a weird looking thing, a children's toilet to the side. No one seemed willing to go near it. Curious, I went in for an inspection cos if it was clean I was using it! I had no problem using a toilet that was only 2 feet off the ground. I came out and this waman exclaimed at the top of her voice "SHE just used the childrens toilet!! - [insert loud huff" I stopped and glared down at her 2 snotty little children and said "So...You surgically removed your bladder and carried it around with you for 9 months did you, to prevent the constant pressure?" I turned to walk away, but stopped again to add "And SHE was the cat's mother!" Add another filthy look. Not my fault the lady was stupid enough to queue, even having the little snotbags as she did. And no, it wasn't the hormones that caused me to yell like that at a complete stranger lol.

wait, when you squat you put your feet on the seats? what? I still don't understand how pee can get all over the seats. It makes no sense. I squat but at least I get close enough to not get it all over.

As for my office, whoever installed the toilet paper dispensers was male. You have to sit on the toilet almost sideways because the toilet paper dispenser is taking up room right about the toilet.

And don't get me started on all the bad NYC bar bathrooms. I went in one last week that made me so claustrophobic. I must have not read the sign that said "This bathroom for heroin chic supermodels only"

Angie - you don't *stand* on the toilet seat, you just kind of bend over halfway and try to aim your rear over the bowl without your legs touching anything.

OMG I can't believe I just explained that :crack:

So why do you occasionally see footprints on the seat? :huh:
I often saw that at a place I worked...But I posted that sorry story already in another thread and wont repeat it :D

Angela Harlem said:
So why do you occasionally see footprints on the seat? :huh:
I often saw that at a place I worked...But I posted that sorry story already in another thread and wont repeat it :D

Some people do stand and squat on the seat. I have two friends that I know of who do this in public bathrooms, feeling it is the most comfortable and hygienic way (for them--not necessarily the next person).:shrug: I have used bathrooms in Europe where there is just a hole in the floor and two feet-shaped patterns marking where to put your feet so it's the same principle only using an actual toilet.

Last edited:
That was my first post of the day. And I haven't even had my morning latte yet. :|

brainstorming gone awry

this thread has taken strange and...unsettling turns.

everyone's scatological at heart

Indeed. I regret my part in it.

:reject:

Joyful and Sweetthing -

I was stating an observation I see - I wash my hands EVERYTIME I use the toilet room. BUt I always see guys come in and out - no WASH hands. :barf:

I always want to tell the people they are with!!!!!

Somehow I knew that about you zoney. Do you prefer buttered or plain?

And I support my local poet for a living. :)

joyfulgirl said:

I have used bathrooms in Europe where there is just a hole in the floor and two feet-shaped patterns marking where to put your feet so it's the same principle only using an actual toilet.

Is THAT was those footprints were for? I went to Europe when I was about 14 or so and came across one of those toilets. I sort of walked in, looked at, saw the footprints, became puzzled, and walked out. I decided to hold it. It was odd....

But perhaps the weirdest thing I've ever come acorss is the restrooms at gas stations in Slovenia. We were driving along to some distant far off locality in the mountains, me, car-sick as usual. So we all stopped at the side of the road so I could puke and all off a sudden, the rest of my (extended, not intermediate) family piles out of the van and storms off into the woods with a roll of toilet paper in hand....
Anyway, I drank nothing all day because I did not want to pee in the forest. We ended up stopping for gas on the way home and everyone decided to use the restrooms. I swear, those things were IMMACULATE and SPARKLING. They even put washrooms at home to shame. There were curtains on the windows, hand cream, pretty soaps, soft tp, everything....they must be so clean because no one goes there. I mean, everyone is too busy peeing in the woods.... :|

Last edited:
BTW - Zoney, we were just teasing. I'm sure you do wash your hands. :hug: What kills me is when I see girls walk out who DON'T. I just feel like screaming at them, "What are you DOING? Do you know how unhygenic that is?" <---These women were mainly at my work last summer and I'd always avoid them after and try not to use the photocopier after they'd touch it. Considering everyone in downtown TO is so worried about spreading SARS, Norwalk Virus, etc, I'm really surprised that these women actually take that chance. EW! Then they eat LUNCH afterward! :no:

Angie - I've never put my feet on the seat myself but see what BLS wrote. It's the 'hovering' technique...

Yes, the popcorn that I can now share with you knowing that you wash your hands.

Although having to explain the joke has kind of ruined the moment for me. :mad:

:wave:

i think before I go travelling I had better clear this up

bathroom = WC, toilet, loo, john, little girls' room,place to point percy at the porcelain or spend a penny?

for a minute there....I was wondering just what it is you guys get up to in your bathrooms...popcorn parties?
:lmao:

Back
Top Bottom