Barcelona I Setlist Party (and show discussion & thoughts) Part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for all these vids Peterrrr:hyper::applaud:

Now I 've been loking on & off for a decent - good Breath Vid for 2 hours

and I fianlly found it!
(it's one of my fav 5 off the album)

if you type in u2 + 360 tour barcelona you'll get the pre-concert stuff but then most or all of the cureent vids for tonight's ( last night's :lol:) show there

this right now is on pg1
THUMBNAIL Pic = a semi-tight shot under The Claw you see the big mast the under part of it (inside The Claw), PLUS a up-looking view of part of the screen and in "the distance" 2 of the Claw's leg's

The IMPORTANT THING is the vid's Length >>> 5:51

NO OTHER breath vid has shown up at that time except this one

a little fuzzy here &there b/c of how loud the stadium volume is....

not much bass BUT
you can hear all the other aspects prety well clear!
Vocals/gutair/most of the drums/ & piano?

enjoy!!!

I don't think there is anything I have heard or watched from the concert that I didn't like. It was all awesome, and such a spectacle. I liked all the song choices too, though I wish I could have heard them try out Drowning Man, and I really don't care if they ever play Vertigo again. Other than that, omg I wish I was there!!! :drool:

Also to add a little side note, Bono looked like he was having so much fun during Ultraviolet :lmao: I swear it seemed like he was a little kid playing around on some new toy he got for Christmas, it was great. I hope he gets even more brave and starts swinging around like crazy on that wii wheel mic.

I just got here, wading through all the info, vids etc.. Amazing, I can hardly wait till july 10th.

Funny thing is that the space chat turned out to be what I suggested it might be (waaayyyy back in a rehearsal thread)

Wouldn't it be cool if the Space chat was exactly that, a chat with the guys in ISS?

I'd be thrilled if Bono had a few words with our Frank De Winne

So he did chat with Frank, even had him sign up with the One campaign.

I remember last (his first) time he was in ISS, we had a direct link here on the town square (Frank lived here then) and he was asked to become a Unicef ambassador and he signed up.

Few months later I was in the lokal supermarket at the foodcounter and who was standing next to me??? Yes it was Frank, it took me a while to know exactly who he was, knowing the familiar face but not expecting to meet him in person :lol:

Is anyone surprised they didn't play Mysterious Ways?? When was the last time they did this?

They didn't play is at the start of the vertigo tour either,

but brought in in later on when the achtung section was more perfected.

They didn't play is at the start of the vertigo tour either,

but brought in in later on when the achtung section was more perfected.

Actually, MW was brought into the set at the third Vertigo show. It was most of the second leg that it missed, and the first couple of months of the third leg.

yeah the visuals are nice but Crazy i such a pumpy number on the labum why did they ahve to meess it. gzze its 2:20 i need to sleep

That song (and probably Unknown Caller) was probably one of the best of the night. This arrangement was unbelievably awesome and the crowd was loving it.

On a very positive note, Bono sounds fucking incredible. There's specifically a major improvement on his falsetto.

YES!
Pretty boring/safe setlist, Bono sucking Michael Jackson's cock-funny

you're a fucking moron....you're better off dodging more taxes instead of posting here
I would say that he sings it about as well as he does on the fifth leg... which is to say, awfully.

I guess I have a hard time hearing him sing One in a totally smooth voice with little enthusiasm. His voice on ZooTV was as smooth as it is here, but there was so much... almost raw sexuality put into that song that it sounded amazing. His voice was raspy and unsure on PopMart and Elevation, and I honestly think that enhanced the song. Vertigo was just a passionless mess, and this looks like it's just carrying Vertigo's faults over.

what?! He is definitely not singing One "awfully"...I think he actually sounds better than most Vertigo Tour performances. I agree though about the sexual vibe to his voice during ZooTV...Lets just wait until the tour really gets underway...I think we're going to get really great performances of One this time. Lets hope they play the "you hear us coming Lord" verse at the end :yes:
Anybody else thought of "Discotheque!" when listening to this?

YES!

Although, I think I might prefer the Letterman version more. The beauty of the verses is sort of lost in this version...but it's still much better than I expected. :up:
They played by far the best version of TUF they've ever played tonight, I daresay.

hahah...yeah, actually...it's up there...I think that as this tour progresses, and the band improves, they will definitely give us the greatest performance of TUF ever if it's already this good after 1 night...pretty incredible, and I think it says something about Bono's voice these days :drool:
So on what date does Bono get whacked in the head with the mic during UV?

yeah I was thinking about that too...only a matter of time :lol:
Is it just me, or is Larry's drumming much better than the Vertigo Tour?

And I think Edge switched Vertigo to a... Gretsch?

YES! Larry does sound better...I also like the sound of his drums better...not sure if it's the mix or what, but they sound more crisp
In a Little While rocked. Best I've heard it I think.

I haven't listened to it in a long time...great song.

YES!! I fucking love this song, and this is definitely one of the greatest performances of it :up:
what the hell happened when they did wowoy what the hell

well...it is a bit rusty...but on the positive side...I think we're going to get a better WOWY this time than on Vertigo Tour...Larry's drumming sounds better. Also, Bono actually sang the opening verse correctly in terms of phrasing...lets hope this continues. The frustrating thing is that you can tell Bono has the voice to make WOWY spectacular...the way he explodes at certain points...but hopefully it gets better with time...I have a feeling it will!

....and UV sounds UNBELIEVABLE...Bono looks fucking legit...the ZooTV coolness is back baby!

It's a great time to be a U2 fan! :applaud:

I'm incredibly excited that the 360 tour has started rolling, a li'l bit of negative feedback but whatcha gonna do? The opening show is never really perfect and they'll only improve from there. I'm betting that the next Barca show will top the opener. Now to watch some youtube clips of the show! :drool:

YES!

you're a fucking moron....you're better off dodging more taxes instead of posting here

what?! He is definitely not singing One "awfully"...I think he actually sounds better than most Vertigo Tour performances. I agree though about the sexual vibe to his voice during ZooTV...Lets just wait until the tour really gets underway...I think we're going to get really great performances of One this time. Lets hope they play the "you hear us coming Lord" verse at the end :yes:

YES!

Although, I think I might prefer the Letterman version more. The beauty of the verses is sort of lost in this version...but it's still much better than I expected. :up:

hahah...yeah, actually...it's up there...I think that as this tour progresses, and the band improves, they will definitely give us the greatest performance of TUF ever if it's already this good after 1 night...pretty incredible, and I think it says something about Bono's voice these days :drool:

yeah I was thinking about that too...only a matter of time :lol:

YES! Larry does sound better...I also like the sound of his drums better...not sure if it's the mix or what, but they sound more crisp

YES!! I fucking love this song, and this is definitely one of the greatest performances of it :up:

well...it is a bit rusty...but on the positive side...I think we're going to get a better WOWY this time than on Vertigo Tour...Larry's drumming sounds better. Also, Bono actually sang the opening verse correctly in terms of phrasing...lets hope this continues. The frustrating thing is that you can tell Bono has the voice to make WOWY spectacular...the way he explodes at certain points...but hopefully it gets better with time...I have a feeling it will!

....and UV sounds UNBELIEVABLE...Bono looks fucking legit...the ZooTV coolness is back baby!

It's a great time to be a U2 fan! :applaud:

agree on everything accept the stuff about One(that song HAs lost a lot) and Bono being Zootv cool again. :lol:

I'm really exciting they brought full In a little while back, because it's one of my favourite U2 songs and I have always wanted to hear it live in full. From the recordings (I've downloaded the bootleg but haven't listened to it yet) I'd say UF and UC were the highlights, but also UV (all U songs ... U2 :wink:).

I'm really curious to see how the band will work on the stuff that didn't work so well. They are always very critical of themselves and analyze their performances. I'm really excited about how the songs will evolve, what will be added, what will be dropped or modified.

So far, I'm beyond happy and can't wait to see the thing live myself.

jesus christ reading through this whole thread is taking forever...I've read 12 pages so I'm going to just give up now I think. It seems like some fans won't be totally satisfied until U2 plays a set made up of underrated/unplayed album tracks or B-sides with a medley of Mercy/Womanfish for an encore.

The set is obviously going to feature the new album heavily and there are classics that they simply can't drop because like everyone's already said some people are seeing this band for the first and maybe only time. I can't wait to see them in Cardiff and am just glad to have a seat (even though i hear that show didn't even sell out so I could have just waited and bought a ticket now instead) so whether they suddenly bust out Hold Me Thrill Me isn't really on my list of priorities. I'd love to hear them play Lemon, Zooropa and Mofo in a single show but it really is futile to bitch about how they're leaving shit out like they owe us something.

I really hope people will just settle down with the whole "safe" set argument as it's really annoying now. I used to think that all the time but when you really think about it, imagine going to see U2, a band you'd always wanted to see live and never heard Beautiful Day because they decided to drop it in favour of some album track track of a record called "Boy" you never knew existed.
All I think U2 can do to please the small percentage of fans that we people make up is do some stripped down gigs made up of rare stuff and underplayed older tracks. It'd never happen but honest to god I just feel like the standard U2 set (when you've got millions of potentially 'casual' fans to consider) just has no place for them. We just have to put up with the fact that every set is going to have a huge chunk of NLOTH, Streets, WOWY and...sadly, One. :wink:

A bumpy ride isnt necesarrily a bad one. Mistakes happen, esp during opening night and the "outburst"was nothing (people who play in a band know what I am talking about).
A couple of "negatives" though. In random "order".
MOS seems to be(not sure yet) an extremly underwhelming closer to a show this massive and I am 100% sure they will replace this song by something like Bad for instance. Angel of Harlem is an extremely odd choice in a production like this. It was never that big of a song/hit and although people like the song you can hardly call this one of U2's better songs. Replace it with something of AB like even better, fly, uteotw and that spot during the set should be fine. People who complain about WOWY, Pride and SBS being there should understand that these song ARE U2, simple as that. I too wished they would drop these for something more exciting but it just wont happen. One, the same story, with the acception that ONE realy is beginning to get overplayed. SBS got a rest during the zootv period and the popmartversion was hardly the same as the famous RAH version and where Pride is a logical choice considering Obama's election One is a song they can put to rest IMHO. Wowy will never have the glory it once had but people know this song and it would be dissapointing for the non-cracks if they woul;d drop it. Breath remains a weak opener (from what I can tell off course) and my initial feeling that it just wouldnt work was justified by what i have see/heard. I know that being in a stadium is a different ballgame but that is the same for NLOTH or Magnificent which both are better openers. DM missing was a shame but it will come back for sure

Positives:
UF sounds FAN F**CKINGTASTIC
The beginning with 4 new songs is proof that they have confidence in the new material which is allways good off course. Hell it aint no ZOOTV but it still sounds pretty good with the acception of breath(not as a song but as an opener)
IALW is a beautifull song and personaly I am glad they brought it back although I am not such a big fan of the softer songs in concert with a few acceptions off course.
UV rocked the house.
They turned Crazy in a dicofest and although it is not my favourite song ever it seems like fun

All and all not a bad beginning at all. A few songs could be replaced by some more "energetic"stuff in order to give it a bit more kick. hey have a beautifull stage and the pictures look breathtaking sometimes, but I feel that they do not quit know where to take it too, songwise and performancewise. Time will tell and I hope to have the power to turn this from good to fantastic within a months time.

Enjoy the ride, this was just the first stop :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom