Banners made here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GypsyHeartgirl

POP for GIRLS
U2 Banners for you!

Hi, my daughter is really into making banners using pics and text, like the one in my new sig she made tonight. She's made lots for friends on her Harry Potter board. They make really great sigs, especially since there is a size limit now, or just for fun. If you want one, send 3 or 4 pics that look like they will fit, tell her how you want them and what words and what color. Send them to her email icy_weirdo@yahoo.com. She will make as many as she can as fast as she can. Go ahead and ask, she WANTS to do it!

Last edited:
Gypsy, tell her she's getting two emails from me, cause I forgot to attach pics to the first one. :rolleyes:

Dont call them banners because Elvis doesnt allow "Banners" or "Banner Ads" in signatures.

fyi.

Though I am in no position to enforce rules or anything, I will just point out that by the signature option, there are some rules listed including this:

"Please keep sigs smaller than 150-200 pixels in height, and images smaller than 150 pixels in height. Do not stack images."

To see dimensions for the height of your picture, just right-click it and go to Properties. If anybody wants a pic shrunk down and doesn't know how, I'd be happy to help.

*edited cuz I can't spell* :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I made it smaller

33497%3A%3B923232%7Ffp35%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3A94%3D599%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3B%3B%3C883%3B%3Bot1lsi

Last edited:
uvbabe~

The dimensions of your pic of are 320 x 160...no numbers show up for you? That's odd. Did you let the pic load completely before you tried right-clicking and selecting "Properties"?

Trying out my new sig. I am now in compliance only hope you can still read it. Thank you to Bonochicky too!

I don't want to rat anyone out but I still see some big and fancy dancing ones still around. I hope everyone complies no matter how much we hate to so we won't lose our right to have sig pics. Little ones are better than none.

Yeah I'm trying to pm people when I see their sig is too big but its hard because there are thousands of users on the board.

I hope that everyone will follow the proper size requirements because yes, small pics are better than none!

Sicy said:
Dont call them banners because Elvis doesnt allow "Banners" or "Banner Ads" in signatures.

fyi.

:( And he still hasn't gotten back to me about mine, which I have explained to him is certainly not an ad of any kind. I hope I hear from him soon.

SD

Oh Sherry yours was so nice! I love the Bono one. If I get one I might want kitties.

U2Kitten said:
Oh Sherry yours was so nice! I love the Bono one. If I get one I might want kitties.

I know! And after Daisy did all that work! I'm sure he'll get back to me (right Elvis?) and I can assure him I'm not trying to solicit or anything. Probably that's what he's concerned about.

SD

hi...

Here is the policy...

Sig images are for images, not advertisements. Now.. advertisements don't have to be commercial.. anything that solicits SOMETHING... ANYTHING.. I consider to be out of line for a Sig image. The forum is a community - NOT a freeway with billboards. ;) You may ask why I have such a broad and general policy? Simple... if I make one exception, I must allow them all.

So.. to explain this a lil better...
Here is what is OK:

An image of reasonable size (pixels and bytes)... use your best judgement.. or I will use mine ;)

A plain image - not linked.

An image LACKING text which solicits a direct cause, website, product, etc.. commercial or amateur. (ie. an image with lyrics text is ok, but an image with ?????.com on it is not ok)

Thats just a few examples. If you have any questions.. feel free to PM me.

Elvis said:
[BSimple... if I make one exception, I must allow them all.

[/B]

Not true, actually, the above is an either-or fallacy. It makes less work for you, sure, but the above is not true.

Bono's Angels is a community that has grown out of Interference and is supported by many of us. (I've gotten many emails and PM's thanking me for starting it, offering encouragement, etc.) It's also something desperately important that saves lives (DATA, not us :p ). If that's not worthy of an exception, I don't know what is, but that's your decision. I would have appreciated a note telling me it is was going to be taken down (esp. since this policy was put in place literally 2 days after Daisy was kind enough to make it for me) instead of it just vanishing with no explanation. It will be easy enough to go back to the sig I had before, though.

Cheryl

Sherry,

Bono's Angels is a web page with important links on it. While I appreciate the page, and I even support some of U2's/Bono's efforts... this still does not warrant a 'banner' in your sig.

I have NO problem with you adding a TEXT link in your sig to your page... as you'll notice I have in mine, as do many other people.

This is NOT a new policy, it's just one that was never abused until recently. When anything in the community becomes overly abused, I must act on it - and I ask my admins and mods to do the same. To keep things fair, we attempt to apply our policies to everyone. In this case there are NO banner images that will be allowed in sigs.

About signatures: Signatures are a very 'cool' thing to be able to have on the forum, atleast I think so, yet they are also a priviledge. Although people were initially upset about by new 'attachment' policy dealing with sigs, most everyone seems to be abiding by it, and I appreciate that. But... if people were to continue abusing the pirviledge of sigs and images, I can easily limit sigs to only contain text - I'd prefer it not come to that. Personally, I like the color, variation, and personality that comes from sigs.

Elvis said:
Sherry,

Bono's Angels is a web page with important links on it. While I appreciate the page, and I even support some of U2's/Bono's efforts... this still does not warrant a 'banner' in your sig.

I have NO problem with you adding a TEXT link in your sig to your page... as you'll notice I have in mine, as do many other people.

This is NOT a new policy, it's just one that was never abused until recently. When anything in the community becomes overly abused, I must act on it - and I ask my admins and mods to do the same. To keep things fair, we attempt to apply our policies to everyone. In this case there are NO banner images that will be allowed in sigs.

About signatures: Signatures are a very 'cool' thing to be able to have on the forum, atleast I think so, yet they are also a priviledge. Although people were initially upset about by new 'attachment' policy dealing with sigs, most everyone seems to be abiding by it, and I appreciate that. But... if people were to continue abusing the pirviledge of sigs and images, I can easily limit sigs to only contain text - I'd prefer it not come to that. Personally, I like the color, variation, and personality that comes from sigs.

Sure thing. I'll simply put up the sig I had before, to keep the word out there. That should accomplish the same thing. :)
I do understand how easily it can get out of hand.

SD

Ok i sent two emails as well because i did the same as madonnas child lol :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom