Bad Movie Sequels- The Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Batman and Robin, with Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mr Freeze, seriously disappointed, because Mr Freeze was an amazing character on Batman- the Animated series, and I was expecting more of the same

Thank god George Clooney's film career survived despite this role

ICE to see you!

^
CI_63150_1338137640.jpg

That episode of Batman - the animated series (Mr Freeze) messed me up :(

Ie his wife is dead, he was disfigured in an accident with the cryogenic chamber. He seeks vengeance (eye for an eye) on the man who pulled the plug on his wife (I wanted him to have it) he gets apprehended by Batman, and then he tells his wife that he has failed her :(

28 Days Later, the original is good. Although it tends to copy the 1980's George Romero zombie film Day Of The Dead quite a bit. Then again, it brought up some interesting themes, and I found it quite scary as it came out around the time when everyone was being whipped into fear of terrorist attacks by the media. 28 Weeks Latter bored me to tears.

Danny Boy said:
I was in Target the other day and noticed they were selling a sequel to A Christmas Story.

Surely this can't be a good thing.

Is it the same kid? Now he's a cranky old guy who hates Christmas. Well he wouldn't be old but I like that idea. He takes that gun and goes on a rampage :D. That wouldn't be very Christmasy

Saw Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones recently. The worst one of the PA movies, but I enjoyed the ending. Has anyone seen this one?

PA: The Marked Ones.. I saw it, but was enjoying a few drinks while watching it so that is why I probably enjoyed it. I appreciate the humor and the inclusion of a Hispanic cast. I liked how it tied a few things from the series together and thought the ending was actually good. Sure, introducing time travel into the story line was stretching it a bit, but hey, I'm a Doctor Who fan. As a fan of the series I'm interested in how the series will pan out from here and I like with each sequel we learn more and more about the back story related to the cult.

Yes, I loved the ending, but it kind of came out of nowhere. I'd probably watch any additional PA movies. They're usually 90 minutes at best and also to see how it all ends.

I'm not a fan of Back to the Future 2. I think the plot got a little muddled where they back tracked to 1955 and retreaded part 1. I think it was too ambitious. I liked the focused aspect of part 3 and it was a redeeming entry and a nice conclusion to the series.

Back to the Future II is still my favorite, because nostalgia is a damn strong force to fight against.

Yea I'm a huge fan of BTTF II as well. Love the third act where they go back to 1955 to stop old Biff from giving his younger self the almanac.

I liked Back to the Future III more than I liked II. Dug the Old West vibe.

Grease 2 was pretty bad, but Michelle Pfeifer was good in it.

BTTF2 was really weird, but I liked it better than 3. They're all great, but 1 smashes them all.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Back to the Future II and III were examples of sequels that turned out pretty well.

I loved the first two Lethal Weapon movies, but the third one was a little silly and Chris Rock wasn't enough for LW 4 to be anything meaningful. Mel Gibson's character had somehow forgotten how to fight like the dude in the first two movies. :huh:

I absolutely love Lethal Weapon IV. But, it was the first movie I'm the franchise I saw and I saw it many times, when it first came out

I absolutely love Lethal Weapon IV. But, it was the first movie I'm the franchise I saw and I saw it many times, when it first came out

But Lethal Weapon VI is still better, specially for the tasteful nudity scene.

Back
Top Bottom