Australia v.2 the sale is over, the show is on its way!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey all fellow Sydneysiders!

I'm gonna be GA at both shows - so what do you think is the best plan for the second show? Should I line up as soon as the first one is over? Or should I book a cheapass room at the Novotel (which is in Olympic Park) so I can get a shower in before heading back to line up for the next day? :D I live an hour away from the Telstra Dome (in Manly) so it'd be impractical to go back home and then come back for an early line up if the Telstra Dome allows it, I guess...

evieangelique said:

I'm gonna be GA at both shows - so what do you think is the best plan for the second show? Should I line up as soon as the first one is over? Or should I book a cheapass room at the Novotel (which is in Olympic Park) so I can get a shower in before heading back to line up for the next day? :D I live an hour away from the Telstra Dome (in Manly) so it'd be impractical to go back home and then come back for an early line up if the Telstra Dome allows it, I guess...

haha, i just replied to your other post. i was planning on lining up as soon as the first one finished as well, but i don't know if that's realistic or not. security and stuff apparently.

however i'll be totally spewing if i see other people doing it, that's why i want to... but then if you're not allowed i'll have nowhere to stay lol.

evieangelique said:

I'm sorry to be picky but its Telstra Stadium in Sydney. Telstra Dome is in Melbourne.

Well she obviously knows that as she lives in Sydney, its probably just a spelling mistake! Its stupid they have both their stadiums called 'Testra' anyway1 :wink:
I would camp over night but ever source is telling me there is no way to do that, that security at Olympic Park is tight and they are going to enforce strict rules, but hopefully some actual details will come out becaus ei dont want to go oh ill turn up a 7 and see Tent city spread out before me! LOL

dazzlingamy said:

I would camp over night but ever source is telling me there is no way to do that, that security at Olympic Park is tight and they are going to enforce strict rules, but hopefully some actual details will come out becaus ei dont want to go oh ill turn up a 7 and see Tent city spread out before me! LOL

EXACTLY. i'm scared.

Just checked the Ticketmaster website and for the Adelaide gig it says that both General Admission AND Reserved seating are sold out???? If this is true then yehaaaaaaaaa.... 50,000+ for Adelaide!!!!
However the site says that there are reserved seats available for both Melbourne shows and also general admission for the second show...

Also the Michael Coppel website says its sold out too, in fact the WHOLE TOUR is sold out. This is unbelievable and so brilliant.
Adelaide has always suffered a bit of a reputation as a city for bands to avoid due to small population etc but this blows that out of the water.
And to think they only got just under 30,000 here for ZOO TV...

ChargedVT said:
Just checked the Ticketmaster website and for the Adelaide gig it says that both General Admission AND Reserved seating are sold out???? If this is true then yehaaaaaaaaa.... 50,000+ for Adelaide!!!!
However the site says that there are reserved seats available for both Melbourne shows and also general admission for the second show...

Very cool...wonder if they broke the record at AAMI with the tickets to this gig [Dire Straits holds the record...1986 - 55,000] Impressive for 'liitle old Adelaide'...given our population is like about 1.3 mill for the entire state.

I am soooo looking forward to March 28th.

S.

ChargedVT said:
Also the Michael Coppel website says its sold out too, in fact the WHOLE TOUR is sold out. This is unbelievable and so brilliant.
Adelaide has always suffered a bit of a reputation as a city for bands to avoid due to small population etc but this blows that out of the water.
And to think they only got just under 30,000 here for ZOO TV...

Tis good for Adelaide but please also factor the contingent of Perth people heading to Adelaide. And probably fans from Darwin, etc.

And the die hards from Melbourne.. lol

well apparently adelaide has broken a record... on ticketmaster you can't get shit... yet on triple m they're saying tickets are still available..... who the fuck knows!!! but U2 are coming here and life is fucking great!!!!!!!

go U2!!! i'm a bit drunk... i think i'm writing right... but people underestimated adelaide!!!! yeeeahhhh!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't get any tickets for the 1st concert:( but for the second I managed to get vip a reserve:)
I've seen the map of where the a reserve seats are but I havn't been to telstra stadium, what are the a seats like?would you be able to take good photos from the a seats or are they too far from the stage?

sokki said:
go U2!!! i'm a bit drunk... i think i'm writing right... but people underestimated adelaide!!!! yeeeahhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, that was me, there's a post somewhere in the Desperate Thread where I cast aspersions on the great citizens of my own fair city! That's cos I forgot about the diehards from Melbourne! Shame on me! :wink:

syd, it really depends on
a) what kinda camera you have. i.e. resolution and zoom
b) exactly where u sit. I've been to telstra stadium for NRL/rugby matches and it's not that far if you have A Reserve. The only problem might be the angle. If you're sitting at a seat with an acute angle to the stage, you might have problems capturing the whole thing. Go to the site for telstra stadium and click on 'virtual tour'. It gives you a good idea about the view you can expect from the seat you have.

Good luck! Sorry about missing out on the 31st... might trade you my GA on the 31st for your A reserve, lol . j/k.

blueeyedgirl said:

Actually, that was me, there's a post somewhere in the Desperate Thread where I cast aspersions on the great citizens of my own fair city! That's cos I forgot about the diehards from Melbourne! Shame on me! :wink:

And don't forget that one your fair city's great citizens is the "Naughty Nurse!" :wink:

blueeyedgirl said:
She better not be anywhere near me in GA!!!! :yikes: She can nuzzle up to reptile....:hmm:

:lol:

Yikes! Poor reptile...you just know the NN is gonna want to check out his wedding tackle. :D

Holy. Freaking. God.

I HAVE TICKETS!!!

I woke up this morning holding on to the belief that my parents were holding out on me about the tickets, and had been since the 5th. I opened all my presents, and not one of them was the tickets. But at the end, another present was revealed with two boring books. Underneath the book were the the tickets!!!! (inside a Phillip Island GP tix holder)

I am so excited. My Dad said he went to an outlet not many people know about and queued up and got two of the last 6 tickets.

The seats apparently are like this:

_The stage
Our seats /

I'M GOING TO SEE U2!

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope yours was as good as mine!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom