Australia doesn't quite know what the fuck is happening 2007-2029

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here! Nothing new, sorry.

Still the same. March - no promoters. January - not the 'plan' but obviously involved in the plan in some way.

No promoters = ages away from an announcement though. I mean, once a promoter is on board, that's when the work starts. I'm just hanging out to find out if/when a promoter does come on board, and crossing my fingers for a pleasant surprise as much as you guys are. There isn't a lot of confidence out there, except to say that U2 definitely want it to happen.

DignityPassesBy said:
Honestly Axver, whats more important U2 or UNI? ... i think you know the answer that

Well, if U2 come in March, I'll be buying my tickets before I have my uni schedule.

See that? I'll be buying my tickets. No uni will stand in my way. The Vertigo Tour only happens once. :drool:

dazzlingamy said:
Not knowing is worse then knwoing they're not coming. At least then i can spout anger without hesitation, but i cant atm , as if they do come i'll be turncoating with the bes tof them :wink:

I had to read your post about three times but you have a very good point. U2, tell us whether you are coming or not. If you are, announce it, if not, announce it too, because then we can stop the false dawns and stop going to thew effort to write petitions for no reason.

Earnie Shavers said:
Here! Nothing new, sorry.

Still the same. March - no promoters. January - not the 'plan' but obviously involved in the plan in some way.

No promoters = ages away from an announcement though. I mean, once a promoter is on board, that's when the work starts. I'm just hanging out to find out if/when a promoter does come on board, and crossing my fingers for a pleasant surprise as much as you guys are. There isn't a lot of confidence out there, except to say that U2 definitely want it to happen.

Word is that both Coppel, Frontier and Jack Utsick have made overtures to Paul McGuinness but the figures aren't right yet. All I've heard is venue capacity is an issue - so I guess the whole arena VS stadium issue may be the problem. I still think it's arenas and it's late March.

The good news is that we here at work have been updated that there is a no leave allowed from December 13 to to 16 and again on January 09 to 14 which means some big arse events are due to be announced and go on sale in that window... one of those time periods is sure to be for the Rolling Stone's Easter gigs... I'd hazard a guess the other one may be for.... well... I wont say it just in case it doesnt happen!! :)

So it seems the wheels are whirring, but we are some ways off an announcement. U2 are still definantly on the 'coming soon' list as are a few other big acts (Robbie, Madonna, Stones) so odds are the tour is still on.

Oh, just a quick ad - that may also explain the hold up for 'All Because Of You' - maybe they will wait until the tour is announced and U2 fever hits???

thatsnotmypuppy said:

Word is that both Coppel, Frontier and Jack Utsick have made overtures to Paul McGuinness but the figures aren't right yet.

Have you heard what those figures are? I understand why it's "not right yet" from the promoters point of view. I'd heard that Coppel and Frontier were balking at the asking price, and they don't really feel the need to have a U2 on their books so they are playing real hardball, but I forgot about Jack Utsick. If they can pony up the cash it might be the smart move for them - they haven't really done anything that big have they? It would be a good move forward for them.

I'm feeling slightly more confident tonight after being at work and hearing alot more U2 than i usually do and they dedicated a whole segment to them with interviews and a career re-cap and its not even planet rock night so i'm thinking they have some news that we don't

By the way, I don't know if it's been reported in here yet? All Because of You is out in the first week of November here. 2 versions.

Found this post in another thread (the NZ one in Tour News):

"On RadioLive this afternoon they said U2 has confirmed touring New Zealand in March"

Dunno what to think of it. Usually kiwi's cant be trusted.
:sexywink:

That would be a ridiculously good sign. I thought something like that might happen, things will be sorted outside of Australia first (any other countries on the leg) and we'll get our best info from that. Hopefully it puts a boot up the arses of those doing the dealings here. Interesting to see what more NZ info shows up during the course of the day.

Perhaps an NZer here could point us to, or keep an eye on the right news sites?

Last edited:
just rang triple m in brissie and emailed michael coppel. triple m said they havent heard anything as yet.

maybe our nz peoples can do some investigation. can anyone ring this radio sation for us?

(yes i know i just slagged kiwi's off and now i am asking for your help!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom