Auckland Rehearsals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have no problem with him popping up for a song, but Scarlet is a gorgeous little ditty that is begging to not have a guest verse added thank you very much. Especially if this would essentially be the first real performance of it!

I'm probably the only one who's excited at the thought of Jay-Z joining U2 onstage. :lol:

^ yeah probably!

I dont have an issue if it happens somewhere that gets lots of shows. But we dont see them too often down here, I dont want songs ruined by guest performances from people that the crowd as a whole wont respond well to

^ yeah probably!

I dont have an issue if it happens somewhere that gets lots of shows. But we dont see them too often down here, I dont want songs ruined by guest performances from people that the crowd as a whole wont respond well to

Way to not be a baby.

Love Jay-Z. He's on my list of must-see artists.

For those who don't want to see him open, can the fans going to the NA shows trade you Interpol and The Fray for him? You get two for one! :wink:

I'd take the Fray over Lenny Kravitz, at least they're still 'on the rise' which is what U2's openers are usually.

I'm not so excited about Jay-Z doing "Scarlet". If that is indeed the plan.

I am super excited that they might play "Scarlet". It's a longtime favorite of mine. Could make a good lead in to another song.

The performance of SBS at Brandenberg Gates was cool. That would make more sense.

I'm positively giddy.

I'm holding back Vomit. Seriously, Jay-Z gets his 45 minutes and can leave as far as I'm concerned. Might as well call Mary J Blige in as well....

Sorry, I don't want to sound close minded and negative... but I paid to see U2...and not to have one of their songs ruined with a rap going down in the background.

Way to not be a baby.

Contrasting to tht thoroughly mature response?

LOL, I don't care that much, but when it is so rare that they visit it is a small let down that we have to endure a guy going "uh-yeea" "uh-huh" over the top of one of the most powerful moments in the show.

personally, i'm not a jay z fan but i'd rather he come onstage with u2 and do scarlet versus them not play it at all.

and now they've just been tinkering with bffts since we got here. no vocals though.

Back
Top Bottom