atU2.com has an article about Mr. Hewson's funeral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gina Marie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Get your tissues out if you want to read it-there's also a pic-but there's just no way I would post it-its too private and SAD-it talks about Bono and Edge singing a song for him and Larry and Edge helping Bono carry the coffin-*extremely touching*

That pic is sad and it scared me. now I'm sad

I've never heard of that song 'sometimes you can't make it on your own' Is it one of theirs?

------------------
~*Mona*~
"What you don't have you don't need it now, What you don't know you can feel it somehow." ~U2~

"You give me something to sleep to at night" ~Michelle Branch~

Just read it and saw pic Gina, now Im gonna cry!
is a very touching pic.......
frown.gif

Im gettin the papers tonight.............................gina, thanks for letting us know pet..................

Sorry Mona-didn't mean to make you sad-like I said, there's NO WAY I could or would ever post that-don't know about that song-I bet I brought everyone down w/ that post-but I just hope he can get some comfort and peace now knowing that his Dad doesn't have to suffer anymore.

I don't want to sound rude or anything...but Larry looks really good in that pic. But it's still really sad! just....y'know...Larry...in a suit and all....*conflicting emotions*

------------------
~*Mona*~
"What you don't have you don't need it now, What you don't know you can feel it somehow." ~U2~

That is the saddest picture of U2 members I have ever seen...

frown.gif

------------------
Time is a train
Makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass

I run out of replies on things like this. I looked at the one at u2guatemala. Somebody's hand is on Bono's shoulder
smile.gif
I don't know who it's coming from, but it's nice.
smile.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~

Originally posted by WildHonee:
I run out of replies on things like this. I looked at the one at u2guatemala. Somebody's hand is on Bono's shoulder
smile.gif
I don't know who it's coming from, but it's nice.
smile.gif

When they carry it like that they usually put their arm under the casket and onto the shoulder of the person carrying across from them.

On a side note...Edge is beanie-less (u2guatemala.com pic)...anyone else notice that?

[This message has been edited by clarityat3am (edited 08-24-2001).]

oh. humbug! I still think it's nice.
smile.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~

whoa, i didn't even see Edge. is that him on the right side in the back? He gots no hair!
smile.gif
Not that there's anything wrong with that. Edgey Wedgey

------------------
~*Mona*~

whoa, i didn't even see Edge. is that him on the right side in the back? He gots no hair!
smile.gif
Not that there's anything wrong with that. Edgey Wedgey

Yeah that's him...I like him like that...ban the beanie!

Those pics really saddened me too...
I have never seen such an adorable pic of Bono with one of his children, but too bad it was taken under these circumstances.
Poor Bono
frown.gif

God Bless Mr Hewson

I don't want to sound rude or anything...but Larry looks really good in that pic. But it's still really sad! just....y'know...Larry...in a suit and all....*conflicting emotions*

I felt the same way, WildHonee. Eli looked so cute in those photos, Larry looked good too, but I felt weird looking at pics of a funeral. It kinda seems like an invasion of privacy. Who was taking pictures anyway?

Back
Top Bottom