Atoms for Peace

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
rich-franklin-2.gif

rich-franklin-3.gif

Also, there are a lot of moments in Stuck Together Pieces that remind me of Reckoner. And that's a very good thing.

US tour dates! WASTE sale this thursday.

NEW NORTH AMERICAN DATES - on sale here 9am PST Thursday 21st March

24th Sept 2013 Liacouras Center Philadelphia PA
27th Sept 2013 Barclays Center New York NY
30th Sept 2013 Patriot Center Fairfax VA
2nd Oct 2013 UIC Pavilion Chicago, IL
16th Oct 2013 Hollywood Bowl Los Angeles
17th Oct 2013 Santa Barbara Bowl Santa Barbara, CA

I'll be on an airplane when tickets go on sale anyway but yes, that is lame.

I'm on a roll killing threads today.

Maybe something good will happen in between the Chicago date and the Los Angeles date for those of us in the southwest. Joyful, what do you say we put it out to the universe?

It's worked before!

But this is about the extent of their last "tour" so I'll just be pleasantly surprised if more dates are added but probably won't get my hopes up.

Definitely going to try to nab tickets for that Chicago date. UIC Pavilion is a great venue.

Does anyone else get violently angry when the song "Amok" ends? That outro should last at least 2 more minutes.

Something to that extent has been said like five times in this thread, of which three times by me, but it can't be said enough.

Best minute of the album.

they're playing at the Zenith in Paris which is a lovely fairly small venue, about 7000-11000-ish i reckon - but tickets are horrendously expensive at 60 euros a piece - i would jump at the chance if it was Radiohead proper though... still it's a great venue, and i reckon it would be an awesome experience! (although i don't quite love Amok enough to go for it LOL)

Is this a band I should be checking out? I might youtube them. What should I start with?

It started out as a solo effort by Radiohead's lead singer/chief songwriter, Thom Yorke. He released one album solo and then added and named a band for touring. He kept the band, and that band just released their debut album, AMOK (or Yorke's second solo album, if you want to look at it that way).

I haven't heard the new album, but from the first album (under Thom Yorke as a solo artist), I love: 'Cymbal Rush', 'Atoms For Peace', 'The Eraser', and 'Harrowdown Hill'. There's one off the new album called 'Stuck Together Pieces' that I hear a lot of people liking and recommending.

Hope that wasn't too confusing. :crazy:

It started out as a solo effort by Radiohead's lead singer/chief songwriter, Thom Yorke. He released one album solo and then added and named a band for touring. He kept the band, and that band just released their debut album, AMOK (or Yorke's second solo album, if you want to look at it that way).

I haven't heard the new album, but from the first album (under Thom Yorke as a solo artist), I love: 'Cymbal Rush', 'Atoms For Peace', 'The Eraser', and 'Harrowdown Hill'. There's one off the new album called 'Stuck Together Pieces' that I hear a lot of people liking and recommending.

Hope that wasn't too confusing. :crazy:

Oh awesome. I've been hearing alot about them. Didn't realize he was involved. I liked Harrowdown Hill, so I'll definitely check it out.. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom