Asking for a couple of songs...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bad Exit

Acrobat
Sorry, I'm still a bit lost in the whole forum, so I'm not sure where's the right place to ask. Either if you answer my question or point me to the right forum, thanks.

I'm looking for Northstar and Mercy.

I've listened to both of them but I'm not sure that I've listened to the "right" version, since none of them has been officially released.
To add to my confussion, people keep talking about "original" or whatever version as being better than another.

I don't want live versions, I want studio versions.
I accept YouTube links.

(apparently Mercy has been discussed to death, that's why I avoided naming this thread after that, but still I'll appreciate some pointers).

Thanks!

North Star does not have a 'studio' version that has leaked. One was apparently played during the end of a Transformers movie, but actors were talking during it and that's the most we got out of hearing that version. Otherwise, the only full versions of this song were done live in 2010/2011.

A studio version of Mercy leaked around the time of HTDAAB's release, but that's how far it's gone in terms of 'studio versions' and quality. When they played it live in 2010, a few things were tinkered with, but this is the only 'original' version of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZSchL39m3A

Thanks a lot.
That's the version I have from Mercy, I just wasn't sure since sometimes people says "Mercy (the original)" like if there were more than that (besides the live versions).

And Northstar earlier today someone mentioned a RedOne version in another thread, but I couldn't find anything on youtube... this was the best I could find, which sounds nice except for the awful ending:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkVgafAy_4o

mmh... I didn't thought it sounded bad... :sigh:

anyway, I'll wait to see if one day we get a complete version of it.

Thanks anyway!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom