Aren't you glad that...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jesseu2

Refugee
when at U2 concerts, the girls don't scream obnoxiously and loud like they did at Beatles concerts?

i was thinking about this tonight and how it must have been hard to hear some beatles shows cuz of the screaming.

When I was at the Elevation shows, some girls were screaming. I screamed the first time Bono walked out onto the stage and the first time he came close to me. I used to scream over him in the 80's when I was a teenager too, but not hysterically. If I ever met him, I think I'd scream at the sight of him and he'd run away.

But I think the reason most people don't scream is because he's not a teen idol type, he's an awesome, overwhelming experience, almost religious in a way. It's like being in awe of him or something. It's his magnetism that gets you, as well as his hotness.

Last edited:
I think the Beatles attracted that type of thing because the iconoclastic rock band was a new thing at the time, thus all of the screaming. Of course, the pop boy bands of today attract that behavior in young girls, but that comes with the territory.

I will say though, that we've had a thread like this before, discussing what some girls/ladies/women do at U2 concerts that ruin the experience for men/others. If this becomes an offensive thread to the women here, I will have to close this thread - none of us like to pick on what we perceive to be gender-specific issues.

I used to scream at concerts when I was a teen but now I just "Woooo !!!" every once in a while :crack: and shed a few tears at times :shifty:

My parents took me to my first U2 concert when I was 15 (Popmart)...and I screamed when I first saw Bono. :cute: :heart: :bono:

Then I started crying...then I started hyperventilating...and Mom kept yelling at Dad to make me sit down before I passed out. :lol:

it's all part of the show

Some scream and some don't.

Personally, at the shows I've been over here, I clapped and sung, a few shouts of approval, but that's it.

Last edited:
Thankfully its not too common if your comparing to some other performers. I know during one of the Joshua Tree shows in Chicago Bono stopped to tell the audience to "stop screaming because we're not in The Beatles..this is U2..ok". It can be found on the 'Rocks Hottest Ticket' boot - Chicago 87

A girl got hysterical when they walked out in St. Louis and just passed right out onto the floor.

Then, somehow, she came back and proceeded to try to knock me out to get closer (I was on the inside tip of the heart).
I had to keep elbowing her in the ribs to get off me when he would start walking.
She didn't know the words to any of the songs but everytime he got closer or looked like he might get closer, she would start crying and hyperventilating and punching me.
:mad:

the worst recorded evidence of a scream is Last Night on Earth from Mexico City........the song is almost ruined by random giddy scream......my hair stands up on the back of my neck thinking about it.

Some of the Beatles fans no doubt screamed their heads off, but some people also became Beatles fans because they were looking for heroes after the JFK assassination. The fans were no doubt a diverse bunch. But you're right, with Bono you're more in awe of the guy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom