anything just about makes me cry these days

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
suprisingly, that 'animal planet' has quite a number of tear-jerkers up its sleeves.

i've also experienced the emotional wreck period off and on (thankfully the off intervals have longer durations). as someone already said, it shall pass. :hug:

TripThruUreWires said:
suprisingly, that 'animal planet' has quite a number of tear-jerkers up its sleeves.

:yes: I love Croc Hunter and the special episode they did where they interviewed Steve, when he talked about his mom dying and his dad and he was crying...I dunno, he's so dorky, but he's such a genuine person that totally wears his heart on his sleeve! I love Steve Irwin and that part of the interview made me really sad. Sometimes Animal Cops makes me want to cry in a good way when the animals get better and don't even seem to remember or care what happened to them in the past. AND this one show where a guy raised two cheetahs and put them back in the wild, they would help each other and such, and one night one of them died. The man was very upset and the other cheetah looked so lost :(

Sometimes I feel like I'm abnormal b/c I'll get more emotional for Animal Planet than hearing about murders and such on the news. :reject:

I'm not very emotional and I don't cry for movies, but at the end of the latest Harry Potter movie, when Cedric is dead, Harry is sobbing and Cedric's dad is sobbing and yelling "that's my boy!" it's hard not to cry! I wonder what little kids think of that scene...

Love Actually is one of my favorite movies, the only movie DVD I own. :)

Last edited:
partygirlvox said:
Hey i love long weekends where i just watch dvds and eat junk food! those weekends rock (while your out renting dvds, be sure to get a good thriller aswell! silence of the lambs..?!)

I also love to watch dvds at weekends. I think that movies never meant so much to me!:ohmy:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Sometimes I feel like I'm abnormal b/c I'll get more emotional for Animal Planet than hearing about murders and such on the news. :reject:

Me too.....anything to do with animals or kids!

I'm not very emotional and I don't cry for movies, but at the end of the latest Harry Potter movie, when Cedric is dead, Harry is sobbing and Cedric's dad is sobbing and yelling "that's my boy!" it's hard not to cry! I wonder what little kids think of that scene...

That's not abnormal, i cried at that too (at the cinema!!)
I'm a sook and i cannot handle movies like "wolf creek" or "saw"(still have not seen them ,don't want to!) Texas chain saw massacre scared the wits out of me!!!:eek:

I love scary movies they are the best (put proper scary movies not teen 'all stuck in a house with a murderer on the loose' sort). The texas chainsaw was kinda scary i must admit..and i NEARLY cried at that part in harry potter too. If anyone here has read the end of the last book DONT, as thats just heart breaking!

fly so high! said:

I'm a sook and i cannot handle movies like "wolf creek" or "saw"(still have not seen them ,don't want to!) Texas chain saw massacre scared the wits out of me!!!:eek:

Those movies are beyond crying! Wolf Creek has a very similar plot to TCSM, but it's better done, IMO. There's less gore (like a shorter period of goriness) than the other movies mentioned, but it's more difficult to watch.

I'm a very emotional person and can't imagine how it is not to be :no:

Altho' i too get especially upset at people mis-treating animals :sad: :mad:

ditto! argh!! ( i dont get upset about it..i just get really angry!)

It does that to me too :mad: :madspit: i'm glad that i've never come across anyone doing anything to an animal 'cos i don't know if i'd be able to hold myself back from them - i'd feel like strangling them on the spot :rant: :uhoh:

i remember an old neighbour of mine once had a dog, and she treated it real bad, like left it outside ALL the time and it used to go round to everyones houses, and everyone felt so sorry for it. so someone rang the rspca and took it away..hope its in a good home now! and we all hate that neighbour anyway!

What really get's me is when it's hot outside and someone has their dog in the car. To make matters worse they don't even bother putting the window down! Makes me want to go and track the owner down and have them sit in the hot car like that :mad:

Last edited:
BonosBaby12 said:
What really get's me is when it's hot outside and someone has their dog in the car. To make matters worse they don't even bother putting the window down! Makes me want to go and track them down and let them have it :mad:

I saw one like that the other day and nearly reported it. I walk to school and in the very last spot at the back of the lot, someone parked a pickup under a tree and there was a large shepherd inside. It was nearing 80 that day and the windows were shut. I left the same way after my class and it was gone.

What's worse is that people do it to KIDS.

i think its just as bad doing it to animals as kids
people will interfere and do something if someones doing that to a kid..but not many people would if its a dog or something.

Very true partygirl! Have come to the conclusion that next time I see something like this with an animal Im reporting it. Get's really hot and humid here starting in May and I just can't watch a poor animal suffer like that. How can someone be so cruel with something or someone so innocent? Believe that's the part that really tears at my heart. The whole cruelty of it all.

partygirlvox said:
people will interfere and do something if someones doing that to a kid..but not many people would if its a dog or something.

I'm glad I didn't have to make a call that time, but I have reported animal cruelty/neglect in the past and saved stray animals and made sure they went to good homes.

I'm glad I didn't have to make a call that time, but I have reported animal cruelty/neglect in the past and saved stray animals and made sure they went to good homes.

i think its so good that you have reported it before! I would if i saw anything really bad, but i havent yet... cruel animal owners be aware of partygirlvox!!

:reject: I get teary eyed for everything! I could probably get all teary watching some animal planet documentary...a holocaust movie is a guaranteed tearfest..., though I don't cry due to songs or romantic movies but just about everything else

i got teary-eyed at the end of Wedding Singer on sunday night. pathetic.

the wedding singer? i hate that film. bless!

:lol: Those stupid films really make me cry a lot as well!!! Dunno what it is they have... :shifty:

Today I was at the edge of tears listening to COBL down the street :cute: awww, nothing wrong with that!! :happy: :D

partygirlvox said:

i was like shouting at the tv
CMON THAT DUDE IS GREAT!
god everything about that film made me angry..
like keira knightley getting married. andrew lincoln is so much hotter!

Love Actually is my favorite movie, and the subplot with Keira Knightly is my favorite part of the movie.

"Enough. Enough now."

:sad: x 1,000,000,........

ok, whats wrong with me? am i dead inside (i think i've been watching too much friends lately though...)?? i never cry. never ever. seriously. i think the last time i really cried was wen i was about seven years old and fell out of my bike :|

partygirlvox said:

no offense, but i think this is a really misguided statement. firstly, how could you possible say that animal abuse is just as bad as child abuse? Good God! i honestly cannot understand for the life of me how certain individuals can (with a clear conscience) take up animal causes with such gusto while turning a blind eye to the UNBELIEVABLE scale of social injustice that STILL exists among humankind--especially with regard to children! this sort of shit is not just taking place in backwards countries, it's still very much happening in our own backyards! where the hell are people's priorities? where have people's sensibilities gone? i'm not condoning animal cruelty in the least, but it pisses me off that certain activists divert the bulk of their energy, money and efforts to help protect animals when they can see with their own eyes the various social injustices that still exist (and is tolerated for the most part) in places like the US!

in addressing your latter point, let me say that i firmly believe, partly due to anecdotal experiences, that people will be more apt to report or at least intervene in observed instances of animal abuse than incidences of child abuse! truly, this is a sad, sad commentary on the state of humanity, or lack therof!

Last edited:
i think both are equally as important actually

I'd intervene to prevent cruelty to either or so i'm not in the majority apparently :)

Oh and animals were here before us so i reckon they have as much right, if not more to life as humans!

TripThruUreWires said:

no offense, but i think this is a really misguided statement. firstly, how could you possible say that animal abuse is just as bad as child abuse? Good God! i honestly cannot understand for the life of me how certain individuals can (with a clear conscience) take up animal causes with such gusto while turning a blind eye to the UNBELIEVABLE scale of social injustice that STILL exists among humankind--especially with regard to children! this sort of shit is not just taking place in backwards countries, it's still very much happening in our own backyards! where the hell are people's priorities? where have people's sensibilities gone? i'm not condoning animal cruelty in the least, but it pisses me off that certain activists divert the bulk of their energy, money and efforts to help protect animals when they can see with their own eyes the various social injustices that still exist (and is tolerated for the most part) in places like the US!

in addressing your latter point, let me say that i firmly believe, partly due to anecdotal experiences, that people will be more apt to report or at least intervene in observed instances of animal abuse than incidences of child abuse! truly, this is a sad, sad commentary on the state of humanity, or lack therof!

oh no that was really misinterpreted! I didnt mean that actual thing itself...as i think child abuse is absolutely appalling and im so shocked that it actually happens in this day and age. No i just think its worse in the sense that no one will do anything to help (well, very few people anyway) if its an animal - people seem alot more reluctant, but if its a child they do (in most circumstances i hope) get help.

Sorry i didnt make myself clear on that!

Back
Top Bottom