Anyone seen the show from a stadium skybox?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sfu2doc

The Fly
Long time fan. Tonight is my 25th concert (I go back to ZooTV).

Tonight is new for me: I'll be in a skybox at the Fleet Ctr with the owners of one of the big local sports teams (a friend of a friend).

I was in the heart for several shows on the last tour. Anyone have any sense of how sterile my skybox experience at Fleet will be tonight? I worry that it will be a bunch of business guys on their cell phones and all sitting behind plexiglass....but who knows...

Luckily, I'm GA on Thursday night to balance it out.

I was in a box for the final encore of the first Staples Center show. It actually wasn't that bad. The box was above the stage on Adam's side so we got a really great view of the entire stage and all the comings and goings behind-the-scenes.

Probably the best thing about being in a box is that you get a lot more room than you do in the seats or on the floor. And, depending on how the box is set up, you can sit, stand, lay down, whatever you feel like.

I'd rather be in the box enjoying beer and food being brought to me, but I'm old and have been up close at U2 shows before. :)

Skybox seats are great for the free food, drinks and private bathroom. Perfect for a sporting event. Concerts on the other hand are strange--I always find them to be super removed from the action. Like watching a concert from a hotel room. Most of the people in it will probably be passive fans which means they'll be more concerned about eating and talking.

Don't get me wrong--it's a cool experience but it doesn't compare to being on the floor or even having good lower level tix.

Last edited:
Caught a Blue Jays game from one of the boxes at the Skydome a few years back. It was nice to have the seats, drinks, etc, but we ended up having to watch the TV in the room to see the game. I'm definately a GA man at concerts for that same reason.

Tho I have to say, having a bathroom in the room was a bonus with all the beer we had in there :wink:

I've seen many sporting events from suites.....and 2 U2 concerts, 1 this tour in Phoenix, and 1 during Elevation at Staples.

The suite experience for baseball is usually good, if the suite glass can slide and open....you feel like you're outside, but, you get the nice seats and hopefully the free food.

For a concert, suites usually suck, typically because there is a corporate environment and people just act in a more reserved fashion. In Phoenix, I was in the Coyote's owner's suite....and the environment was really stale. Plus, people have a tendency to talk a lot, not sure why. The pizza and soda was free, though, and I had elbow room, so that was ok.

The bottom line is that any seat is a good seat for a U2 show....be it GA or in the rafters.....but, of course, the GA experience makes it hard to really love sitting elsewhere. It's like flying first class then going back to coach.

Enjoy the show!!

I don't know if I'd like being that far away and having a plexiglass barrier and all....

I'd much rather be smushed in the crowd, getting beer spilled on me, and having my ears ringing while being an arm's length away from the boys. Now that's a concert! :wink:

I've never seen a U2 show from a luxury box, but I have seen other concerts and I'm with stars, give me the blood, sweat and tears of the crowd. I wanna be in the mix!!

That said I'm sure sfU2doc will enjoy the show anyway!

I have not seen a show from inside a sky box but have stood beside them for a couple of shows (I never seem to end up where I started). They look OK but I dont know how they would sound. Outside of them however (stood behind the $160's) the sound is great, especially the closer you get to the stage.

I saw Prince froma skybox in melbourne - it was fine as the glass windows did open - thus it seemed you weren't so detached. If it was closed in it would have sucked arse.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom