Any Dublin U2 fans??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whiteflag

The Fly
i know this is probably a long shot, but is there anyone on here from Dublin (besides the now absent and much lamented AM?) I got all these ideas in my head bout a u2 tribute band in Dublin and having a good drink and chat with a new Irish friend. I'll be moving to Dublin soon for a short while with no family around so I'll be in need of someone to hang with. Someone who really loves U2 would be best, not to talk about only them, but to have a friend who understands the glorious happy madness we all share. I seem to get along with U2 fans better than anyone else.

BTW Does anyone else feel that way? or is it just me?

--whiteflag

No offense to my Irish U2 friends here on the board, but while your friendship is something i cherish the fact is that virtual pints are awfully drrrrrrryyyyyyyy when served. You know what I mean? Aint nothing like the real thing, Baby
biggrin.gif

I dont live in Dublin but love going there maybe we could have a drink sometime and talk the finer points of u2 you must go to windmill lane everytime i go they have painted over the messages but its fun going all the same.

really? they paint over the messages? But thats art!

Oh well I guess it makes more room for others to contribute.

A drink sounds great. We'll have to talk maybe exchange emails once the storm up above blows over. I really can't believe that they find what they are doing so entertaining to do it for most of the day.... Nothing is entertaining to me that long.

Hi Whiteflag,

got your message. I was on my holidays but I'm back. I live in Galway (west coast) but I'm in Dublin all the time. I'd really love to meet you when you come to Ireland. Maybe we can q up together for the new album? Where do you live? USA? By the way I was born in Germany, moved to Iceland as a teenager and live now in Galway. I'm so to say a "Blown in".

see ya,

am

Yes I am still here been busy with work the last few days. Do you know if U2 are playing Dublin in the winter someone told me they were. I would like to find out so I could book flights seen them here but would loveto see them on there home ground.

No I hadnt heard that, but it sounds very interesting hmmmmmmmm.....

If I hear anything i'll let you know

It would be a dream come true for me.

------------------
There is but one flag...

Back
Top Bottom