Another tour, another rumour of the band calling it quits:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KUEFC09U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
from the mirror newspaper in the UK:

U2 have made a secret pact to take their longest ever break from music. So the foursome - with a combined age of 192 - want to make this weekend's shows in their Dublin hometown the greatest ever.

A source revealed: "They are treating it as their last live shows in Ireland and have talked about taking a few years off - they can't go on forever. "If they can't come back with something bigger and better then they won't come back at all.

"The Rolling Stones have kept going out on the road even in their 60s but Bono and The Edge don't want to be doing that. This will be an emotional time for the band and for their fans in Ireland."

U2's 360 degree tour has already sold out dates around Europe and America and the band are as popular as ever. More than 240,000 fans will attend their three Dublin concerts this weekend.

A long break ? Lets say 4-5 years between albums.

:hyper:

Same old rumours.

"a secret pact"... that everyone knows about... hehe

Taking a few years off between tours/albums? Wow that'd be so different from what they've done since 1989.

Also, yeah frickin' right these will be their last shows in Ireland.

You never know, it could well happen, but I wouldn't believe it just because it was in some crappy newspaper. What would be the chances of them getting such an exclusive??? Zero.

That said, they can't going on taking four or five year breaks between albums. With a new album out next year(please God), the Spiderman soundtrack, and the slim possibility of the Rubin sessions being continued, maybe they are thinking about winding it all upand going out on a high, but I seriously doubt it. An end to huge tours and concentrating on making music is far more likely, and I wouldn't mind that at all.

Boneyoh said in Amsterdam that they're sticking around. I believe him more than this article.

For about 10 years, I thought.

That doesn’t necessarily mean they’ll be touring for another ten years, just that if they do, it’s with Live Nation.

This sort of talk probably does come from within U2 somewhere - or at least somewhere within the U2 machine. “Perhaps the last chance to see them” sells tickets.

That doesn’t necessarily mean they’ll be touring for another ten years, just that if they do, it’s with Live Nation.

This sort of talk probably does come from within U2 somewhere - or at least somewhere within the U2 machine. “Perhaps the last chance to see them” sells tickets.

Right. That's what I meant. :)

There were already rumours about this before the tour even started, I'm not sure how much credibility they have, but:

U2 to go out on high note | U2 news article from @U2

But didn't Bono actually say "we're sticking around" at one of the 360 shows? There was a thread about it on another forum (forget where) and people treated it like a signal that they're not going to wind up just yet...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom