Ann Coulter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nbcrusader said:
Do you really think she wishes that? Or does it make for good, get under your skin entertainment?

Oh I think she means it. I think she is a hateful and very damaged person.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i'd pay to watch michael moore and ann coulter be put together in the Surreal Life house

:lol::lmao: now THAT'S entertainment.

nbc-i believe she actually believes what she says, its not for pure entertainment. that's not her goal to entertain people.

U2democrat said:
nbc-i believe she actually believes what she says, its not for pure entertainment. that's not her goal to entertain people.

She is not trying to make you laugh. She is trying to get under your skin. She preys on "liberal outrage" and seems to be doing it very well.

She's just a political shock jock.

"God gave us the earth. We have dominion over the plants, the animals, the trees. God said, 'Earth is yours. Take it. Rape it. It's yours.'"---Hannity & Colmes, 6/20/01

The "backbone of the Democratic Party" is a "typical fat, implacable welfare recipient"---syndicated column 10/29/99

To a disabled Vietnam vet: "People like you caused us to lose that war."---MSNBC

"I think [women] should be armed but should not [be allowed to] vote."---Politically Incorrect, 2/26/01

"If you don't hate Clinton and the people who labored to keep him in office, you don't love your country."---George, 7/99

"I think we had enough laws about the turn-of-the-century. We don't need any more." Asked how far back would she go to repeal laws, she replied, "Well, before the New Deal...[The Emancipation Proclamation] would be a good start."---Politically Incorrect 5/7/97

"If those kids had been carrying guns they would have gunned down this one [child] gunman. ... Don't pray. Learn to use guns."---Politically Incorrect, 12/18/97

"Anorexics never have boyfriends. ... That's one way to know you don't have anorexia, if you have a boyfriend."---Politically Incorrect 7/21/97

"The thing I like about Bush is I think he hates liberals."---Washington Post 8/1/00

On Rep. Christopher Shays (d-CT) in deciding whether to run against him as a Libertarian candidate: "I really want to hurt him. I want him to feel pain."---Hartford Courant 6/25/99

"The swing voters---I like to refer to them as the idiot voters because they don't have set philosophical principles. You're either a liberal or you're a conservative if you have an IQ above a toaster. "---Beyond the News, Fox News Channel, 6/4/00

"My libertarian friends are probably getting a little upset now but I think that's because they never appreciate the benefits of local fascism."---MSNBC 2/8/97

nbcrusader said:
She is not trying to make you laugh. She is trying to get under your skin. She preys on "liberal outrage" and seems to be doing it very well.

She's just a political shock jock.

No, she believes this crap. She believes all of it. And that's the scary thing. If some normal person said we should attack all the Muslims and convert them to Christianity, they would be called racist. If someone said publicly that the NY Times building should be bombed, they would be seriously questioned by the FBI. But since she's blonde and its in a newspaper and the ruling party is the Republicans, its ok. I wrote one column in college that was harsh towards the football team and got our press passes suspended. and that column was NOTHING compared to this.

verte76 said:
OK, maybe she does say this sort of thing to piss off us liberals. Admittedly, she succeeds.

I think it's both--she means it and she wants to piss off liberals. But what kind of person relishes spewing such hateful venom for kicks? Anyway you look at it, whatever her motives are, she's a sick puppy.

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:

"I think [women] should be armed but should not [be allowed to] vote."---Politically Incorrect, 2/26/01

Does she realize that would put her out of a job? (After all, if you can't vote, can you be a political commentator?)

I didn't really see her as the barefoot and pregnant type, but hey, who am I to criticize? Whatever floats your boat, Ann. :wink:

I'm not a liberal and I still think she sounds like she belongs in Old Timey Germany.

joyfulgirl said:

I think it's both--she means it and she wants to piss off liberals. But what kind of person relishes spewing such hateful venom for kicks? Anyway you look at it, whatever her motives are, she's a sick puppy.

I agree. Only a dysfunctional personality would even think these comments were worth the controversy they stir up. OK, it helps her get paid. I still think she's a bitch.

Ha ha...a headline from Fark.com RE:pie throwing:
Men arrested for throwing pies at Ann Coulter; apparently were unaware that the only way to unmake her is to throw her back into Mount Doom

I think Coulter used to be a regular talking head a while back, but over the years she's sort of "evolved" into the woman most of you all love to hate... I could be wrong and mixing her up with Barbara Olson, though but I remembered her to be more sedate than the "shrew" she is now. She could be psycho but I seriously doubt it. I watched Hannity and Colmes and she was on with Pat Caddell (a guy I've grown to like) and they were talking about Kerry. She tried to do the usual schtick but because Caddell came off more mid-range to somewhat critical of how the Kerry campaign was run, Coulter laid off... she looked a little uncomfortable as if someone already said the punchline type of look which is why she I think a lot of what she says is schtick.

I dunno, I find what she says entertaining just as I find South Park entertaining.

She's joking.

She's trying to get under liberal skin.

It's not like anyone from the left ever spews venom at people who exercise free speech to disagree with them...like calling them "fucking idiots" (impotent rage on this board) at least Coulter is funny, compared to the self-righteous elitist ideologues who she targets and thinks anybody who disagrees with them should be arrested for "hate speech".

iota said:

It's not like anyone from the left ever spews venom at people who exercise free speech to disagree with them...like calling them "fucking idiots"

In my world there's a big difference in calling some an idiot and wishing suffering or death. Yes there are extremist on both sides but this is what bugs me about her and why I don't see the comparison between her and Moore. By no means am I a huge fan, but I don't see him wishing death, saying they shouldn't have rights, or telling people they'll burn in hell.

iota said:

(impotent rage on this board) at least Coulter is funny, compared to the self-righteous elitist ideologues who she targets and thinks anybody who disagrees with them should be arrested for "hate speech".

This is the biggest contradiction. Take a look at her quotes and tell me she's not an elitist who thinks people should be charged with treason if they aren't on her side. I mean come on!!!

I agree with the posters who are saying it's one thing to call someone an "idiot" or say "I don't agree with them" and another thing to wish death on them. It's really trashy to say that you wish the terrorists had hit the NYT building. :mad: :madspit: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

NBC, you didn't answer my earlier question...about whether or not you think it's okay to publicly wish gruesome, painful deaths on people you don't agree with in the name of "humor" or "getting under people's skin."

Back
Top Bottom