and them people would agree with this one...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KUEFC09U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Review by: Jomo

I was 1st row for the Monday show in Toronto, but unfortunately, this show was an atomic bomb. If you like to hear a celebrity ramble on about politics and world peace for 1.5 hours with a little music thrown in on the side, the by all means, buy tickets for this show. Oh, and don't go if you're expecting a good set list, I recognized maybe half the songs, and I would call myself an above-average fan. They butchered the good songs they did play by slowing them down and experimenting, and the rest were garbage. What a waste of a hard-earned $190 (per ticket!!!!)

lol wow, he didnt even know half of the songs played, and some people want even more RARE songs

great post for all the moaners on this board to read. Id say there are more 'Jomo' out there that dont know every song by heart, and definitely dont read every setlist as it comes out than there are of us always up to date on the latest.

I dont know how he/she doesnt know half the songs though.

kellyahern said:
Who cares?

The people I know who went had a great time.
just pointing something out really, some people are asking for more "rare" stuff, yet this guy classes himself as an above average fan, and didnt know half of the songs

GretzkyU2Yanks said:
I dont know how he/she doesnt know half the songs though.

Because the dude is probably an "above average fan" in that he owns more than JT---probably HTDAAB and either War or AB.

I have to say that I can't fault him for having his own opinion...and you're right, KUEFC--it's a good case in point for all the folks who yearn for rare stuff. Still, the guy sounds like a dick. :wink:

KUEFC09U2 said:

I was 1st row for the Monday show in Toronto, but unfortunately, this show was an atomic bomb. If you like to hear a celebrity ramble on about politics and world peace for 1.5 hours with a little music thrown in on the side, the by all means, buy tickets for this show. Oh, and don't go if you're expecting a good set list, I recognized maybe half the songs, and I would call myself an above-average fan. They butchered the good songs they did play by slowing them down and experimenting, and the rest were garbage. What a waste of a hard-earned $190 (per ticket!!!!)

Last night's show didn't exactly have an obscure set list, and yet he recognized "maybe half"? And God forbid they should experiment. And what "above average" fan would not know that Bono does indeed make the occasional serious remark from the stage?
It pains me that this knob had front row seats.

KUEFC09U2 said:

:tsk: above-average fan who cannot recognize half the songs :tsk:

It pisses me off that this guy got front row. That's the problem with the lottery. How could he not know half the songs? Why was he even there and Why did he feel the need as an "Above average fan" to write a review about a band that he doesn't know half the songs of? Sounds to me like he's heard U2 on the radio before and thought it would be a good idea to go to the show. What a waste of space stand at the back and bitch but don't take up space in the ellipse when you could have people that actually know what song they are playing up front. How can anyone bitch about a U2 show WHEN YOUR IN THE FRONT FUCKIN ROW!!! Sounds to me like this "Above average fan" is well "Below average " and shouldn't bother going to shows.

govikesU2 said:
It pisses me off that this guy got front row. That's the problem with the lottery. How could he not know half the songs? Why was he even there and Why did he feel the need as an "Above average fan" to write a review about a band that he doesn't know half the songs of? Sounds to me like he's heard U2 on the radio before and thought it would be a good idea to go to the show. What a waste of space stand at the back and bitch but don't take up space in the ellipse when you could have people that actually know what song they are playing up front. How can anyone bitch about a U2 show WHEN YOUR IN THE FRONT FUCKIN ROW!!! Sounds to me like this "Above average fan" is well "Below average " and shouldn't bother going to shows.

i believe he was in the first row of seats, probably to the side of the stage... based on how much he said he payed per ticket.

This guy is a serious dumbass - what a waste of front row seats. Why is it that some of the truest and loyal fans get shafted to the bleeders? I think I'm going to be sick...

Maybe this guy only owns the nineties material and doesn't realise there were any albums made before Achtung Baby.

See, U2, this is why you should play Stay, Gone, and Please! :wink:

This guy is just off base in general. I mean, any live concert is about variation of arrangements, etc. That's the difference between going to a concert and listening to a studio CD, right?

What a dork.

Back
Top Bottom