American Idol: Would Bono Win?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

discothequeLP

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
it's finally time for American Idol again (but the earliest shows are the best because they show all the crappy people too). I was thinking, what if Bono showed up? would he win?

Don't mind those two DiscotehqueLP, I will play along...

I do not think he can win, because he cannot make his voice sound like a faggot.

He couldn't win American Idol.

Probably wouldn't stand a chance in an Irish Idol either. Now in some Irish Rock Singer That Rules The World contest, however ...

Dr_Macphisto said:
Don't mind those two DiscotehqueLP, I will play along...

I do not think he can win, because he cannot make his voice sound like a faggot.

Don't mind those two? I did play along.:huh:

Oh and your faggot comment was great, are you 12?

My little sister saw that post. She's 11. She was really annoyed... she says kids her age are a lot more tolerant and intelligent than that "faggot" comment!

If for some reason Bono was allowed to enter but why the hell would he. The show is for up and comers .

However, I have read that Simon Cowell loves Bono and thinks he has a great voice.

I missed the show last nite. Forgot about it.

Dr_Macphisto said:

Please try not to use racial words here like 'faggot'.
Some members may get offended.

Thanks.

Why don't you suggest Bono enter a Karaoke contest? If you think about it thats all these so called "Idols" do.

I would shoot Bono if he even had a notion of entering other than that I have no opinion on this

I think he'd end up an American IDIOT....PWAHA HA HA HA!!!!

MAKE WITH THE LAUGHING.

Sicy said:

Please try not to use racial words here like 'faggot'.
Some members may get offended.

Thanks.

I agree. That wasn't a very nice thing to say.

Is homosexuality now considered a race instead of a sexual orientation? :)

A faggot, by the way, is also a bundle of sticks or twigs bound together, or a ball of chopped seasoned liver, served baked.

I'm sure he didn't mean to hurt anybody's feelings by saying faggot. I know Dr. Machphisto personally, not just through these forums. In fact, we came from the same mother and father. You might even say, we're brothers. :eyebrow:

We can't always take offense to everything. Like the other day, somebody called me a ******. Did I get bent out of shape? No. I just went on about my business and shrugged it off..... but then again, I'm not black. :|

The_acrobat said:
I'm sure he didn't mean to hurt anybody's feelings by saying faggot. I know Dr. Machphisto personally, not just through these forums. In fact, we came from the same mother and father. You might even say, we're brothers. :eyebrow:

We can't always take offense to everything. Like the other day, somebody called me a ******. Did I get bent out of shape? No. I just went on about my business and shrugged it off..... but then again, I'm not black. :|

I don't think anyone is trying to censor the forum or stop us from speaking our minds... it's more a case of etiquette or good manners. :yes: Respecting each other I suppose.

That's my 2 pence worth anyway!

Back to the delightful Bono. In my opinion there is not a snowflake's chance in hell of Bono winning ANY sort of Pop Idol style show for the following reasons:

1. He has talent.
2. He writes his own songs.
3. He's charismatic.
4. He generally comes across as being very intelligent.
5. He can put on a great live show.
6. He's going to be around for a hell of a lot longer than any of that lot.

I don't know what the contestants are like in the States, but here most of them seem to be karaoke singers, wannabe's who can't be arsed to graft and earn their "fame".

Out of the 76 million (well, almost) Pop Idol type contestswe have here in the UK, the majority of the winners have sunk without a trace within a year... with a few minor exceptions!

Last edited:
sallycinnamon78 said:

I don't think anyone is trying to censor the forum or stop us from speaking our minds... it's more a case of etiquette or good manners. :yes: Respecting each other I suppose.

Agreed. I gave my brother a good lecturing. He's a good kid, just needs to set his boundaries.

skjuls said:
If for some reason Bono was allowed to enter but why the hell would he. The show is for up and comers .

However, I have read that Simon Cowell loves Bono and thinks he has a great voice.

I missed the show last nite. Forgot about it.

I find that hard to believe. I bet that prick Simon would say to Bono, (in English accent) "You are the worst singer in the history of mankind. That was absolutely pa-the-tic."

sallycinnamon78 said:
In my opinion there is not a snowflake's chance in hell of Bono winning ANY sort of Pop Idol style show for the following reasons:

1. He has talent.
2. He writes his own songs.
3. He's charismatic.
4. He generally comes across as being very intelligent.
5. He can put on a great live show.
6. He's going to be around for a hell of a lot longer than any of that lot.

:lmao: :up: Spot on!

Are people that write their own songs allowed to sing em on there? I've never heard anyone sing their own material.

I didn't know gays were a race LOL. You guys sound like my politically correct cellec professors.

Bono could go far on American or British Idol. He has a very good voice, range and projection. He's as charasmatic a performer as there ever was. However Bono, circa Boy/October/War even UF might not make it as he was still howling rather than singing.

Bono Zoo TV or Bono HTDAAB would have a fighting chance...however as much as I enjoy watching the auditions (the best comedy on TV), as a principle he'd never do it.

I agree with Axver. :up:
Also, he doesn't need to win the contest. He was already a huge star at the most contestant's age.

I don't mind watching him week after week on TV though. :reject:

I think they should have a celebrity American Idol where they have established singers like Bono fight it out.

Back
Top Bottom