American Idol - Season 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, my favorites of the night were Michelle, the girl that sang "Feelin' Good", she had a really jazzy kind of voice. I also really liked Jackie, the rocker girl. She had an awesome bluesy voice that reminded me a lot of Amanda, one of my favs from last season. I think Jackie could be a lot more versatile, though.

But my favorite, not for talent, but for sheer hilarity was Nick Mitchell, the guy with the shiny shirt and sweatband. I have a huge weakness for bitchy queens.:heart: His comment to Simon was priceless. "You mean the way you like it when Seacrest does it?":lmao:

Finally, Ladies and gentleman, please brace yourself for the return of Alexis "Actressing" Cohen. You may remember this "young"/"40 year old" lady from her infamous Season 7 audition in which she butchered Jefferson Airplane's, classic "Somebody To Love". Well, don't fear, my friends because she brings the crazy back with her. She makes Tom Cruise, Britney Spears and Michael Jackson look normal. This year she murders one of the greatest songs of all time, Madonna's "Like A Prayer". Upon hearing it, Madonna punctured her own ear drums and cursed herself for sitting down with a pen one fateful morning and writing it.. Ah, Alexis, the magic is still there.:love:

So, my favorites of the night were Michelle, the girl that sang "Feelin' Good", she had a really jazzy kind of voice. I also really liked Jackie, the rocker girl.

Will contestants never learn? Didn't they watch the season where the one contestant tried to be all jazzy and sang goodbye to America to the tune of "Feelin' Good," changing the words to "America hates jazz!!!!!"

Ha ha ha ha. If I never hear that song again, it will be too soon.

If Bikini Girl makes it through past the group round, I am going to be all fired up.

There is no way she was good enough to get through this round. I'm getting a little pissed off about this.

"(whine) Oh, I'd be better with music!" Yeah? Suck it up. Real singers with real talent don't have to rely on background music to be good singers.

Yeah, Bikini Girl has no business going any further in the competition. Some other notes from tonight...

- The guy who sang Seal's "Kiss From A Rose", I think his name is Danny, I like him a lot. He's got a great voice and seems like a good guy.
- Norman Gentle is a funny name.
- Rose Flack is a total sweetheart. "Hi, it's me Rose." And she's got a cool, unique voice. I can't help but hope she makes it to the top 36 (although I fear that she won't).
- Even though the dude is an idiot, the line "Y'all suck as judges!" and the way it was delivered really cracked me up for some reason.
- I'm glad that we're getting closer and closer to the serious stuff and I can't wait to watch tomorrow's group round.

A. Idol :drool:

I liked the Dead Wife guy, too. He had a nice throaty thing going on with his voice.

I'm curious to see if the rocker chick (the dark haired girl who did a big growly thing) can do more than just a big growly thing, or if she's just another horrifying Amanda Overmyer (shudder).

I thought Rose Flack was much better tonight than at her first audition.

I hope they cut that Von guy. The judges had no business calling out Mr. Ya'll Suck As Judges for making funny faces and not making any comment on the utter ridiculousness that was going on with Von's face. The guy is eye-rolling to the extreme.

And is it just me, or is Barry Manilow looking more like Clay Aiken every time we see him? Are he and Clay Aiken going to eventually merge into one frightening being? Barry Maniclay? Aiken Manilow? Like Benjamin Button and Daisy aging backward and forward and meeting in the middle, that's Manilow and Aiken, but they will merge into one being.

And speaking of Clay Aiken, the other Milwaukee guy, the friend of Dead Wife guy ... he has a good voice, but does this thing with his ending consonants that reminds me hilariously of Clay Aiken. He holds out ending "er" sounds or something that was cracking me up. Clay did that.

I'm curious to see if the rocker chick (the dark haired girl who did a big growly thing) can do more than just a big growly thing, or if she's just another horrifying Amanda Overmyer (shudder).

Good call, I forgot about her. She seemed to have a cool, quirky sense of humor but oh my lord she sounds EXACTLY like Amanda Overmyer. Seriously it's scary how similar their voices sound. And I don't think I'll be able to get over that fact if she makes it deeper into the show. I was not a big fan of Overmyer, either.

And is it just me, or is Barry Manilow looking more like Clay Aiken every time we see him? Are he and Clay Aiken going to eventually merge into one frightening being? Barry Maniclay? Aiken Manilow? Like Benjamin Button and Daisy aging backward and forward and meeting in the middle, that's Manilow and Aiken, but they will merge into one being.

:lol:

I didn't notice it at the time but now that you mention it, I think you might be on to something. And I just think it's funny that the Manilow is like the go to guy now on Idol. He's been on the show more than anybody save for Randy, Paula, Simon, and Seacrest.

Well, they've had the mediocre singers with the killer looks before - remember .... Antonella? Was that her name? From last season, I think? Or the one girl who it turned out had some racier pictures online? Maybe that was the same girl. But either way, she made it to the finals but didn't last very long after that.

I just hate it when they're so blatant about it.

I was excited to have her on board, but she lost me right away when she started trying to one-up Bikini Girl.

Man, y'alls need to quit hatin'. :angry:

Jumped the shark? They've always had stupid stuff like that Norman guy. He's only through to the top 108 right now. Let's chill for a minute. There's no way he makes the top 36. Same with Bikini Girl. It'll be all good. And Cori, yeah, Antonella Barba was her name. She was from two seasons ago, although she actually was prettier and a better singer than Bikini Girl.

But, really, you guys can feel however you want to about the show. Who am I to tell you how to think? This is American Idol we're talkin' about here! It's all about love and togetherness and freedom and expressing yourself through the majesty of song. I'm so down for the Group Round tonight.

"I am your brother, your best friend forever...." Love that guy! :heart:

I agree that Kara LaGuardiaAirport is totally useless as a judge. Don't like her at all.

Totally love Danny/ Robert Downey Jr... :drool::drool::drool:

Bikini Girl is gone!:yippie:

My friend Matt was is in the first group they showed tonight. He sang first in his group I believe Lil' Rounds and a couple other guys were in it too. The judges said they did really well. Simon even smiled. :lol:

Ok, so Simon makes a big deal about "You forget the words, you're out" right? Well the very first group they show, the black girl (was it Lil Rounds?) says "I might have forgot the words but it's ok..." something along those lines. And she rapped it. And still she made it through. Did anyone catch this and think it was as weird as I did?

Anyway, that Tatiana girl with the wild laugh needs to leave. She's irritating.

And it was great when they gave Paula those red evil eyes.

Ok, so Simon makes a big deal about "You forget the words, you're out" right? Well the very first group they show, the black girl (was it Lil Rounds?) says "I might have forgot the words but it's ok..." something along those lines. And she rapped it. And still she made it through. Did anyone catch this and think it was as weird as I did?

Just saw that - it wasn't Lil, and she was rapping her own thing, not the real words of the song, so it came across like she was rapping/joking about forgetting the words.

They were good - I thought Matt was the best in that group!

grrrrrrr...fucking bikini girl...I would have told her to find another group to sing with:angry: thank god she is gone:applaud:

Wow, they got rid of a lot of the early favorites! I like it when they do that - it makes it seem a little less rigged predictable.

And what the fark is wrong with that Tatiana girl? She needs to be slapped repeatedly. And then booted off the show.

Anyway, that Tatiana girl with the wild laugh needs to leave. She's irritating.

And it was great when they gave Paula those red evil eyes.

Tatiana :madwife: I was thinking of looking for a screencap of Paula :giggle:

OMG. Yes, please. She may be the most annoying person in the history of the world.

grumpyrant.gif
(I was looking for grumpy yes, but didn't have it :grumpy: )

grrrrrrr...fucking bikini girl...I would have told her to find another group to sing with:angry: thank god she is gone:applaud:

:applaud: Whiny beeeatch! See how far your looks got you! I'm so tired, my back :blahblah: Ha!

Wow, they got rid of a lot of the early favorites! I like it when they do that - it makes it seem a little less rigged predictable.

And what the fark is wrong with that Tatiana girl? She needs to be slapped repeatedly. And then booted off the show.

I like the way you think cori!
pimpslap.gif

I can't even imagine her making the top 36. :no:

I definitely liked Danny, and their group was good, as were a few others. Halfway there! :corn:

Glad that bikini girl gone, she's horrible. Tatianas laugh make me want to dig out my eyeballs. I really like the dead wife guy. And what happened with the Osmond guy?

Just saw that - it wasn't Lil, and she was rapping her own thing, not the real words of the song, so it came across like she was rapping/joking about forgetting the words.

They were good - I thought Matt was the best in that group!

Yeah, when I re-watched it earlier I realized I was way off on the Lil, thing.:lol: I've never seen that India girl before last night, though. And, yeah, Matt is great. I've known him for years. We used to go to the same church, and we ended up going to the same college, although he's graduated already. Like Simon said, in his original audition his biggest problem is lack of confidence, but he seemed a lot less nervous last night.

Glad that bikini girl gone, she's horrible. Tatianas laugh make me want to dig out my eyeballs. I really like the dead wife guy. And what happened with the Osmond guy?

The Osmond guy got booted after group round last night, which is a shame, because I'm shallow, and he's incredibly hot.:drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom