All (RED) Zone / VIP Tickets Discussion HERE Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thx, bonocomet... i used the high res version for my desktop, looks badass...did u get that pic after you filled out the RZ survey? I got my survey yesterday but haven't filled it out yet...

Yes. And the survey is short, one page only a few questions and on the next page is the link to the photo :)

Hi! I'm actually thinking about going solo via Red Zone for the Seattle and/or Montreal show(s). Has anybody done this? If so, did you have any problems leaving for the bathroom/snack runs either during line up or while in the Red Zone?

For bidding on Red Zone tickets, do they occur only during the time of the public sale or during the pre-sale as well?

For Seattle, it looks like the bidding was running during the pre-sale, and finishes a couple of days after the public sale (finishes tmr @ noon).

Yes, you will get an email everytime you're outbid. Regardless, you should be online when the auction is ending as that is when a lot of activity will take place.

No RZ for East Lansing?! :sad::sad::sad:

Now I really hope there is a second auction for chicago and/or toronto. They didn't do second ones for Toronto last leg, did they? Some kind of ticket-agency issue? And perhaps that's why they're not doing any at all for Spartan Stadium? I'd be a little devastated to not be able to do RZ at all next summer:|

Were there american gigs without RZ, or just some europe, or none at all? Sorry to be so ignorant...:reject:
cheers all...

Where did you hear this? It wouldn't be starting until Wednesday anyway.

The main artist page for U2 on ticketmaster, on the auction tab off to the right of the page, click on the arrow part of that, shows at the bottom of the page info for the start time (wednesday, it is!) for MN and Montreal auctions, and says that the event at Spartan Stadium will NOT be participating in this auction. Which pisses me off :angry:
I mean, I realize that they're an independent sorta outfit, which I respect really, but if they're going to hand over ticketing for this event to Ticketmaster/ LiveNation, then they should let them run an auction too. Makes me wonder if the security/staffing for this venue will be terrible, or what, sigh. I really wanted to be able to to RZ for this show so close to me I'm sure nothing could get in the way of my going lol--that's my selfish reason for being peeved. My less selfish one is that it stinks that it couldn't be worked out for there to be RZ/(RED) auction for this venue to add to the totals donated and such. Just a less happy vibe than otherwise for me, thusly:|

It could be a flat RZ price. The Montreal seating chart lists $300 for Montreal RZ, which conflicts with the TM info that there will be a auction.

hmm...that would be interesting.
What seating chart are you looking at? I've not been able to see even a listing on ticketmaster for montreal, and I can't find a venue website for the hippodrome:doh:

The main artist page for U2 on ticketmaster, on the auction tab off to the right of the page, click on the arrow part of that, shows at the bottom of the page info for the start time (wednesday, it is!) for MN and Montreal auctions, and says that the event at Spartan Stadium will NOT be participating in this auction.

The East Lansing TM map doesn't have a Red Zone on it either. The claw looks to be a tight fit on the map.

eta- just looked at some stadium photos and the field is very narrow - probably too small for a red zone.

hmm...that would be interesting.
What seating chart are you looking at? I've not been able to see even a listing on ticketmaster for montreal, and I can't find a venue website for the hippodrome:doh:

The Montreal thread and u2.com email have the link.

The East Lansing TM map doesn't have a Red Zone on it either. The claw looks to be a tight fit on the map.

eta- just looked at some stadium photos and the field is very narrow - probably too small for a red zone.

The Montreal thread and u2.com email have the link.

ah, yes, thanks! I didn't check the u2.com link, but did see the post in the Montreal presale thread and saw the venue map indicating the 300 dollar red zone section. Maybe they'll start that auction at 300?! Have they done any fixed price RZ before on this tour?
I don't know much about spartan stadium, but perhaps it is indeed too narrow. I guess that would mean the expensive seats, one would hope, are a little better in that venue than in others?

I dont see anything listed under TM U2 auctions for Montreal. I also cant find where it says $300 for them? Any help?

The auction could just be for the backstage tour (with RZ ticket included). For the rest of the RZ tickets, maybe those will be the flat $300.

Click on "Auctions" on the TM U2 page.

ooh, weird! Now when you click on the Auctions tab on the TM U2 page, it doesn't mention the montreal auction at all, and it doesn't specify that there will be no auction for the East Lansing show?! Change scares me sometimes :huh: just sayin' :crack:

ooh, weird! Now when you click on the Auctions tab on the TM U2 page, it doesn't mention the montreal auction at all, and it doesn't specify that there will be no auction for the East Lansing show?! Change scares me sometimes :huh: just sayin' :crack:

Poof - it's gone. Someone from TM/LN must be reading these threads.

Maybe they'll start that auction at 300?! Have they done any fixed price RZ before on this tour?

The only fixed price for RZ has been for Europe for 2010. Montreal will have a price of $300 and no auction, based on what the diagram says.

I still see the part about Lansing

oops, yeah, that part I guess I might have missed, cut off at the bottom of the page. :reject: So, just the montreal auction text is gone now, but there's still consistent evidence that there will be no red zone at all for east lansing.

Urgent Question for Canadians who bought RedZone tix for the US...

Has anyone successfully purchased a ticket to a US show in the Redzone who is Canadian?

Just had word that TM told a friend she couldnt' get tickets to the Seattle show Red Zone because "only US citizens can buy RZ tix for US shows".

BS?

I don't trust TM at the best of times, but I need to know!! This doesn't make any sense, does it?

It's punishment for you damned Canadians allowing gay marriage. :tsk:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom