Ali thread #8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cg said:

Thanks for the link!I think this pic was taken by Michael Stipe. Here's the complete version of the pic:

futurepicenter_download-1.jpg

absintheminded said:
Whoa, Niamh, where'd you get that pic of Ali's boots at Oxegen? Why's there no face piccies on it...???

It's from the same website where the other pic of Ali came from: futurepiccenter.

And that's just the way the pic was taken! :)

Who's the other person wearing the (RED)shirt? Funny picture.

And, yes, the frame pictures are taken by Michael Stipe, he's taking pictures of all sorts of people wearing his glasses in some way or the other. Bono and Ali are especially hilarious, since they were both wearing Stipe's glasses in addition to their own ones.

youvedonewhat said:
We see Bono with all these beautiful women all over the place and yet when it comes to the 'important' occasions he always but always takes one woman, yeah, his wife.

It's so obvious who is the only woman in his life who really matters (apart from his very pretty girls). I really don't know why but this fact only attracts me more to him... I'm not jealous of her. I should be cos I fancy him rotten. :drool: And yet I so love to see them together.

Yes, Yes, It does make him more attractive. I have said before, I think it is one deep desire/ fantasy(dream) of every(most?) woman- to be adored, respected, appreciated and put on a pedestal by her man. And showing it to the world, as he does, innocently and in a classy way is the icing on the cake.:drool: :drool:

Niamh_Saoirse said:
Ali's muddy boots. Oxegen Festival 2007.

272-40eeacaecc6688597dfef61.jpg

love love love the boots! i've had a pair of boots like that since forever. I use them to do yardwork, and go birdwatching when we go close to rivers and marshes.

Ali is just beyond cool.

last unicorn said:
^ Who are these people?

Look, Ali is making the same gesture with her Arm as Bono is doing all the time. :giggle:

Ali and Adi where joined by these people and lots more at the Chernobyl Childrens' and Friends Exhibit, at the National Botanical Gardens, in Glasnevin, Dublin.

I found an interview with Ali...but it's in German! So I have no clue what it says. :wink:

Grüne Welle

Die Ehefrau von Sänger Bono setzt sich für die Umwelt ein. Mit VANITY FAIR ONLINE sprach sie über hippe Mode mit Moral

Mode und ein gutes Gewissen - Ali Hewson, die Ehefrau von Musiker Bono hat vor einiger Zeit das Label EDUN gegründet. Das Besondere daran: Die hippe Mode ist aus organischer Bauwollle und wird im Süden der Welt produziert. Ali Hewson ist aber nicht der einzige Star, der sich für die Uwelt einsetzt: Leonardo DiCaprio und Cameron Diaz fahren bereits ein Hybridauto, Cate Blanchett heizt ihr Haus und Solarenergie und Brad Pitt will dafür sorgen, dass beim Neuaufbau in New Orleans die Häuser umweltfreundlich gebaut werden.

VANITY FAIR ONLINE sprach mit Ali Hewson über eine Geschäftsfrau mit Anliegen und ihr Konzept "Handel statt Hilfe".
Vanity Fair
Frau Hewson, um es mit Robert Fox zu sagen, Sie haben einen ungewöhnlichen Weg eingeschlagen?
Ali Hewson
Das kann man so sagen! Hippe Mode aus organischer Baumwolle im Süden der Welt zu produzieren, und dies unter fairen Arbeitsbedingungen, das ist nach wie vor die Ausnahme. Dabei wächst die Nachfrage nach trendiger Ökomode ständig. Gerade junge Leute wollen heute wissen, wo die Kleider herkommen, die sie tragen, und wer sie wie hergestellt hat.

VF
Mode mit Moral also. Das hört sich teuer an.

A.H.
Natürlich gibt es unsere Sachen nicht für einen Euro zu kaufen! Und dies noch vorweg: eine Designerhose von EDUN verändert auch nicht die Welt. Aber man braucht beim Tragen kein schlechtes Gewissen haben. Denn unsere Kleider werden hauptsächlich in Afrika in kleinen Betrieben unter menschenwürdigen Bedingungen angefertigt. Dazu noch aus Baumwolle, die in Kenia, in der Subsahara oder in Peru nach ökologischen Kriterien angebaut wird. Das lässt sich von anderen teuren Labels nicht immer behaupten.

VF
Ali Hewson, eine Missionarin des guten Gewissens also?

A.H.
Nennen Sie es besser "Geschäftsfrau mit einem Anliegen". Denn EDUN ist keine non-profit-Organisation. EDUN soll Gewinn machen. Nur so können wir unsere Partner davon überzeugen, dass das Konzept "Handel statt Hilfe" funktioniert.
Wir schaffen daher vor Ort Arbeitsmöglichkeiten, damit zum Beispiel Afrika aus eigener Kraft unabhängig werden kann und langfristig gesehen eine faire Chance auf dem Weltmarkt bekommt.

VF
Wie erklären Sie sich das?

A.H.
In Deutschland kriegt man Trendbewusstsein und sozial-ökologisches Verantwortungsgefühl anscheinend noch nicht auf einen Nenner. Es kursiert nach wie vor die Vorstellung vom Gutmenschen im Schlabberlook und in Batikklamotten. Unsere Kollektion aus edlen Materialien und mit raffinierten Schnitten passt da nicht in dieses Schema. Es wird wohl noch dauern, bis sich der Markt umgestellt hat.

VF
Wie wichtig ist Ihr Ehemann Bono für EDUN?

A.H.
Mit unserer Kollektion hat er nichts zu tun. Das ist allein meine Sache. Aber es ist natürlich gut, dass wir uns auf ihn berufen können. Dadurch sind wir ein kleiner Betrieb mit großem Aushängeschild.
Er hat uns vor allen Dingen bei der Konzipierung unserer Betriebsphilosophie geholfen. Ansonsten arbeitet er mehr auf der Makroebene, hat Kontakt zu Regierungen und zu Institutionen. Wir hingegen sind auf der Mikroebene tätig, vor Ort, im Kontakt mit den Menschen.
Wir erhalten allerdings viel Unterstützung von prominenten Freunden, wie Brad Pit, Liv Tyler oder Courtney Love. Sie alle sind von sich aus auf uns zugekommen, weil sie davon überzeugt sind, dass wir den richtigen Weg einschlagen haben.

VF
EDUN ein Trendsetter also?

A.H.
Wir sind nur rechtzeitig auf den Zug gesprungen.
Meiner Meinung nach ist das neue Verkaufsverhalten mehr als ein Trend. Es ist eine kleine Revolution. Vor 10 Jahren hat sich kaum jemand gefragt: Hey, was esse ich da eigentlich oder wer näht wohl meine Kleider und womit werden sie gefärbt.
Heute haben Modefreaks die Wahl. Nur cool auszusehen oder das gute Gewissen gleich mitgeliefert zu bekommen.

I translated it from FreeTranslation.com

Green wave

The wife of singer Bono advocates the environment. With VANITY FAIRLY ONLINE it spoke over hippe fashion with moral

Fashion and a good conscience - Ali Hewson, that wife of musician Bono the Label EDUN established some time ago. The special on that: The hippe fashion is out of organic Bauwollle and is produced in the south of the world. Ali Hewson is not however the single star that advocates the Uwelt: Leonardo DiCaprio and Cameron Diaz go heats wants to provide already a hybrid car, Cate Blanchett its house and solar energy and Brad Pitt that in the new construction in New Orleans the houses are constructed non-polluting.

VANITY FAIRLY ONLINE "trade spoke with Ali Hewson over a businesswoman with concern and its draft instead of aid". Say Vanity fairly woman Hewson in order to it with Robert Fox, you hit an unusual way? One so can say Ali Hewson that! To produce Hippe fashion out of organic cotton in the south of the world, and this under fair working conditions, that the exception is as always. At the same time the demand are awake after trendiger Ökomode permanently. Just young people want to know today where the dresses come,
that carry it, and who it how produced has.

VF fashion with moral therefore. That sounds expensively.

A. h. naturally gives to not to buy it our things for a Euro! And this yet ahead: a designer pair of pants of EDUN the world does not change also. But one needs have no bad conscience in the carrying. For our dresses are operated prepared mainly in Africa in small under dignified conditions. In addition yet out of cotton, that in Kenya, in which Subsahara is cultivated or in Peru after ecological criteria. That cannot be maintained of other expensive Labels always.

VF Ali Hewson, a missionary of the good Gewissens therefore?

A. h. naming you it better "businesswoman with a concern". For EDUN is no non-profit-organization. EDUN should make profit. Only so we can convince our partners that the draft "trade functions instead of aid". We create independently will can seen gets therefore working possibilities on the spot, so that for example Africa out of own power and long-termed a fair chance on the world market.

VF how do you explain yourself that?

A. h. in Germany gets one trend consciousness and socially-ecological responsibility feeling apparently not yet on a denominator. The presentation of the goods person in the Schlabberlook and in Batikklamotten circulates as always. Our collection out of noble materials and with refined cuts does not fit there into this scheme. It probably yet will last until the market shifted itself.

VF how important is you husband Bono for EDUN?

A. h. with our collection has it nothing to do. That is alone my thing. But it is natural good that we can call ourselves on it. Through it we are a small business with large notices sign. It helped us before all things in the Konzipierung of our Betriebsphilosophie. Otherwise it works more on the macro plain, has contact to governments and to institutions. We on the other hand are on the Mikroebene active, on the spot, in the contact with the persons. We receive to be sure much support of prominent friends, like Brad Pit, Liv Tyler or Courtney Love. You everyone approached of itself out of on us because they are convinced, that we have hit the correct way.

VF EDUN a Trendsetter therefore?

A. h. we are only on time on the train jumped. According to my opinion the new sale behavior is more than a trend. It is a small revolution. 10 years ago hardly anyone asked herself: Hey, what I eat there actually or who sews probably my dresses and with what they are colored. Today fashion freaks have the choice. To look only cool or to get include the good conscience immediately.

9/13/2007

Adm. dir. Christian fra Kemp-Griffin og Ali Hewson EDUNs grundlægger og gift med Bono fra U2 ved præsentationen af Fair Trade tøjmærket EDUN, lanceret af organisationen ONE på et pressemøde torsdag. Tøjmærket støttes af en lang række kendte danskere. ONE er en organisation der bekæmper AIDS og fattigdom. (Lars Møller/POLFOTO)
BilledID 7211079

(I can't translate this one but just found it)

b4061003.jpg

7211081_POLFOTO.jpg

7211083_POLFOTO.jpg

7211079_POLFOTO.jpg

7211080_POLFOTO.jpg

u2jesusgirl said:
9/13/2007

Adm. dir. Christian fra Kemp-Griffin og Ali Hewson EDUNs grundlægger og gift med Bono fra U2 ved præsentationen af Fair Trade tøjmærket EDUN, lanceret af organisationen ONE på et pressemøde torsdag. Tøjmærket støttes af en lang række kendte danskere. ONE er en organisation der bekæmper AIDS og fattigdom. (Lars Møller/POLFOTO)
BilledID 7211079

Adm. Dir. Christian woman(?) kemp-griffin and Ali Hewson Edun's founder and wife of U2 singer Bono are presenting a fair trade brand Edun, launching a organisation ONE to the fashion press(?) thursday... the next sentence I don't hav ea clue what it means... then One is an organisation to fight Aids and poverty..

:crack: I had a wee bit of swedish lessons... but it's hard to translate it...

Galeongirl said:

:crack: I had a wee bit of swedish lessons... but it's hard to translate it...

Now, now!
That's not Swedish! :no: :shame:
;):D
I can't say for certain but I think it's Danish.
I could be wrong though...
Let's see how well I understand this language then.

9/13/2007

Adm. dir. Christian from Kemp-Griffin and Ali Hewson founder of EDUN and wife of Bono from U2 at the presentation of Fair Trade brand EDUN, launched by the organisation ONE at a press-meeting Thursday. The brand is supported by many famous Danes. ONE is an organisation that fights AIDS and poverty.

(Lars Møller/POLFOTO)
PhotoID 7211079

Something like that, I think.

Edited to add:
a) I didn't want to come off as offensive GG, I hope you didn't take my little joke to seriously.
b) Ali, please come here and launch EDUN soon! I can't want for next year!

Last edited:
u2jesusgirl said:
9/13/2007

BilledID 7211079

b4061003.jpg

7211081_POLFOTO.jpg

7211083_POLFOTO.jpg

7211079_POLFOTO.jpg

7211080_POLFOTO.jpg

thank you for he report and the photos Dion:wave:

"In the marriage of business and ethics the Body Shop was the perfect child. In a business world sometimes lacking in meaning, Anita Roddick that conviction will always win out". Ali.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom