Adam gets married!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy for them, but I always admired the fact that Adam was childless and a bachelor for almost his entire life.

hqdefault.jpg

Stay the course, brother.

Ha! I had that one from the first pic. I think I even mentioned on here that the legs were very different, too! :lol:

And I thought I was the only one getting laughed at for mentioning the difference. :D

I don't see how you can say that, they very well could be one and the same person and it was about the same time frame (2011ish)

Well, he did say in an interview regarding his son's mother, "It was a short relationship" which might be quite a euphemism, considering.

I dont like the dress she wore at Adam's wedding

Really? It's pretty hard to go wrong with a wrap style A line, IMO. One of my all time faves, totally classy and flattering on every body. And a dancer's body is a dream to dress, obviously!

she looks totally pregnant.

It's hard to tell in that tent, but it's also hard to tell why anyone would get married in such an unflattering dress if there wasn't some belly involved. If so, it's double congrats for them!

What's admirable about that? lol
I just feel that in today's world for man to remain unmarried and childless until age 50 or so is admirable given society's pressures and influences to have kids and create a family.

One of the key and unique characteristics about Adam was that he had countless of relationships, hardcore experiences and yet he remained childless until 3 years ago and he's now married.

These characteristics were what differentiated him from the rest of the members of U2, whom all of them had kids by the time they were 30, except for Larry who had his first son Aaron when he was 34.

I hope this marriage lasts though, I wouldn't be surprised if they got divorced in less than 5 to 10 years from now.

I just feel that in today's world for man to remain unmarried and childless until age 50 or so is admirable given society's pressures and influences to have kids and create a family.

I think it's the word "admirable" that threw me. It's unique, it's perhaps advantageous financially (and, sanity? Lol)...but it's not admirable.

I think it's the word "admirable" that threw me. It's unique, it's perhaps advantageous financially (and, sanity? Lol)...but it's not admirable.
So you think having kids at an early age and having a family is something to be admirable?

Ugh. Can we please not go down the rabbit hole on this one?

It's perfectly fine to be a bachelor. It's perfectly fine to be married with kids.

Play nice, kids.

So you think having kids at an early age and having a family is something to be admirable?

Yeah, if you got your shit together. The same goes if you're a bachelor living the single life with your shit together. Like Diemen said, it's perfectly fine either way.

Who said anything about a young age? The man is 50+ lol!!

I don't think having kids at a young age is a good idea nor do I think having them at an old age is a good idea.

But I certainly don't "admire" bachelors just because they've remained single and childless. Yes its a unique choice perfectly fine and acceptable, but its not like its some noble achievement to be lauded or admired. If anything, I admire Bono and Larry ever so slightly more, for not only seeing their marriages through from they were basically kids, but also for being good fathers.

She does look pregnant.

Wanna know why U2 take forever to put out records?

It's not lack of inspiration or ideas.

It's not lazing around drinking red wine.

It's not political causes.

It's 13 kids, and possibly one on the way.

Kids change everything. That's pretty much it. Every other theory is gobbledygook.

It's 13 kids. One with cancer. End of all discussion.

Really? It's pretty hard to go wrong with a wrap style A line, IMO. One of my all time faves, totally classy and flattering on every body. And a dancer's body is a dream to dress, obviously!

I know, she's got a beautiful body and I loved the dress she had at Heaneys funeral (even if I think that was too low-necked for that occasion), but really I dont like the one she wore yesterday.

About Adam's wife I dont know if she's pregnant....in other pics she didnt look like she was... maybe it's just the dress.

I think this thread has been going down the route to pure rudeness with comments about the ugliness of dresses and such. I expect PLEBA to be a kind of kindergarten when it comes to expressing personal feelings towards the band members and this forum here to be like an insane asylum when it comes to discussing U2's music, but it's a bit disturbing seeing both aspects mixed up in a thread about a wedding. Come on people, it's a wedding. I'm pretty sure Adam is quite happy and the rest isn't our business at all.

They both look good in the photo, but Adam's look does unnerve me a little, how does he manage to look both 70 and 17 at the same time?? Probably just my bad eyesight.

I think this thread has been going down the route to pure rudeness with comments about the ugliness of dresses and such. I expect PLEBA to be a kind of kindergarten when it comes to expressing personal feelings towards the band members and this forum here to be like an insane asylum when it comes to discussing U2's music, but it's a bit disturbing seeing both aspects mixed up in a thread about a wedding. Come on people, it's a wedding. I'm pretty sure Adam is quite happy and the rest isn't our business at all.

:lmao:

But I certainly don't "admire" bachelors just because they've remained single and childless. Yes its a unique choice perfectly fine and acceptable, but its not like its some noble achievement to be lauded or admired. If anything, I admire Bono and Larry ever so slightly more, for not only seeing their marriages through from they were basically kids, but also for being good fathers.
Think of admiration from a perspective in the advantages that you can get from being a bachelor almost your entire life. Most marriages rarely work, there are always differences between couples, self-interests come into play, money and kids change almost everything as well.

The majority of married couples today wish that their marriage were better in many different aspects, some people have even destroyed their lives both emotionally and financially for being married with the wrong person, parents' relationships with their kids and viceversa are often substandard and the divorce rates in the US alone are alarming.

You can save yourself all this trouble by being a bachelor and choosing to live a single life, the admiration does not come from the decision of being one but rather from the agility to recognize these negative things associated with marriage and not jump into the same boat as everyone else.

Now don't get me wrong in that all married couples with kids have miserable lives, there are exceptions to everything; but I can assure you that it's very important to think twice and deeply before getting married and having kids in today's world regardless of what age or social status you're in.

Yeah, backing slowly away from that one!

But seriously, I'm sorry to sound snarky about the dress. It's just that the high necked trapeze styling is a very unusual choice, especially for a wedding dress and especially for a slender woman like Mariana. It's a difficult look to pull off that's most often seen on large bodied or pregnant women, and it seems unlikely that a fashion model would pick it based just on aesthetic choice. But she's lovely, I hope she loved the dress and I bet they'll be super happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom