Achtung Baby/Zooropa remasters CONFIRMED for Fall 2011 by Rolling Stone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Early versions of all the songs. My level of excitement about this right now is actually not that far off new album anticipation.

Exactly. I cannot wait to hear more about this. Will it be the tapes they brought from Hansa to Dublin, since only I think Mysterious Ways was finished at that time?

Exactly. I cannot wait to hear more about this. Will it be the tapes they brought from Hansa to Dublin, since only I think Mysterious Ways was finished at that time?

:hmm: I think so, not sure - can't wait to hear these early versions. Does Zooropa come remastered as well, or both albums aren't remastered? :reject:

Amazon.co.uk is actually offering free shipping to my country, so might be worth checking for you as well. :)

Oh, that's nice, thanks! :up:

I'll still wait just a bit to see if it pops up somewhere else for less, or if Amazon lowers their price to the same as Universal currently has. :)

Early versions of all the songs. My level of excitement about this right now is actually not that far off new album anticipation.

Interesting to see whether they bring out something that wasn't leaked in the 7-disc bootlegs (although discs 4-7 consists mainly of Drum loops with three of four exceptions). Depending on what stage of the song's evolutions I'd say we've heard most of the early forms of the album tracks (in bold) already though. With this brief information, it could go either way at this point.:shrug:

1. Zoo Station - Salome, Take You Down (as per U2 By U2 if I recall correctly?)
2. Even Better Than The Real Thing - Instrumental version, slightly reminiscent of the new 360° Version as a matter of fact.
3. One - A promo version with slightly different vocal take has been released but wouldn't call that a completely different version.
4. Until The End Of The World - I Feel Free
5. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses Morning Child/Don't Say Goodbye
6. So Cruel - Possibly begun with Sick For Love (Woman)/Back Mask U2 but hard to tell.
7. The Fly - Take You Down
8. Mysterious Ways
9. Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World - "Going Down South" and "Woman"
10. Ultra Violet (Light My Way) - Take You Down
11. Acrobat Alternate version with different lyrics.
12. Love Is Blindness

Edited to add: Oops! :lol: I posted a similar thing here: http://www.u2interference.com/forum...hum-remastered-when-209158-3.html#post7095126 I had a feeling it was a familiar topic! :lmao:

lost in all the excitementis a Fish Out Of Water remix of EBTTRT. i haven't heard a Fish Out Of Water remix that i haven't liked.

Sets look good, but...

Just seems a waste that they are giving us "Live from Sydney" on the Uber Deluxe (and seemingly the Super Deluxe) version. Most "uber" fans probably already have this. Why not audio of an unreleased live concert from the period or footage from other Zoo TV stops? :(

Don´t be so sure. :flirt:

Actually the ones (fly shades) that come in the box are the same that I wear almost every sunny day in Belgium, so like a week every year:)
I happen to know the guy who made these for the box.(no really,I'm telling the truth!)

Interesting to see whether they bring out something that wasn't leaked in the 7-disc bootlegs (although discs 4-7 consists mainly of Drum loops with three of four exceptions). Depending on what stage of the song's evolutions I'd say we've heard most of the early forms of the album tracks (in bold) already though. With this brief information, it could go either way at this point.:shrug:

1. Zoo Station - Salome, Take You Down (as per U2 By U2 if I recall correctly?)
2. Even Better Than The Real Thing - Instrumental version, slightly reminiscent of the new 360° Version as a matter of fact.
3. One - A promo version with slightly different vocal take has been released but wouldn't call that a completely different version.
4. Until The End Of The World - I Feel Free
5. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses Morning Child/Don't Say Goodbye
6. So Cruel - Possibly begun with Sick For Love (Woman)/Back Mask U2 but hard to tell.
7. The Fly - Take You Down
8. Mysterious Ways
9. Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World - "Going Down South" and "Woman"
10. Ultra Violet (Light My Way) - Take You Down
11. Acrobat Alternate version with different lyrics.
12. Love Is Blindness

Edited to add: Oops! :lol: I posted a similar thing here: http://www.u2interference.com/forum...hum-remastered-when-209158-3.html#post7095126 I had a feeling it was a familiar topic! :lmao:

It's not like they only recorded on two days, and Day 1 was Axtung Beibi, Day 2 was Achtung Baby. I'd say they'll all be things that are quite late in the evolution. Those were mostly fetus versions, and I'd say these will be almost fully formed and very close to the final versions, more like 'alternate' versions. Different chorus here, different lyrics there, slightly different structure here, etc.

but there's also an "EBTTRT Single" version as well. i thought that may be the new version because to my knowledge, the original single version didn't differ from the album version.

It's not like they only recorded on two days, and Day 1 was Axtung Beibi, Day 2 was Achtung Baby. I'd say they'll all be things that are quite late in the evolution. Those were mostly fetus versions, and I'd say these will be almost fully formed and very close to the final versions, more like 'alternate' versions. Different chorus here, different lyrics there, slightly different structure here, etc.

If that's the case I'll be pleased to hear the new, unreleased, takes but I won't take anything for granted just yet. ;)

but there's also an "EBTTRT Single" version as well. i thought that may be the new version because to my knowledge, the original single version didn't differ from the album version.

Nah, I bet it's the original single version, which was little more than the album version with slightly different mixing.

Regarding the pricing: They should take into account the fact that we fans just got done spending $700 million on the tour and we're flat broke. Cut us some slack on this remaster package.

What was it Bono said at the Going Home concert in Ireland about all their fans: "....you all have probably given us about 500 pounds each too so thank you" -- maybe multiply that by 10 for some of us lol

I will say the price point is a little high.

CD3 - Uber Remixes

01. Night and Day (Steel string remix)
02. Real Thing (Perfecto Mix)
03. Mysterious Ways (Solar Plexus Extended Club Mix)
04. Lemon (Perfecto Mix)
05. Can’t help falling in love (Triple peaks Remix)
06. Lady with the spinning head (extended Dance remix)
07. Real Thing (V16 Exit Wound Remix)
08. Mysterious Ways (Ultimatum Mix)
09. The Lounge fly mix
10. Mysterious Ways (The Perfecto Remix)
11. One (Apollo 440) – Mix Master [S-109]

CD4 - Unter Remixes

01. Mysterious Ways (Tabla Motown Remix)
02. Mysterious Ways (Appollo 440 Magic Hour Remix)
03. Can’t help Falling in Love (Mystery Train Dub)
04. One (Apollo 440) – Ambient Master [S-109]
05. Lemon (Momo’s Reprise)
06. Salome (Zooromancer Remix)
07. Real Thing (Trance Mix)
08. Numb (Gimme Some More Dignity Mix)
09. Mysterious Ways (Solar Plexus Magic hour Remix)
10. Numb (The Soul Assassins Mix)
11. Real Thing (Apollo 440 Stealth Sonic Remix)

Of these discs I only see three tracks that are commercially unreleased. The two One remixes and the Mystery Train Dub. Which is on some promos.

My fav of all of these tracks are the MW Magic Hour remix and Triple Peaks remix of Can't Help Fallin in Love.

CD5 - B-sides and Bonus Tracks

01. Lady with the spinning head (UV1)
02. Blow Your House – Analogue Mix Bono Edit 190711
03. Salome
04. Even Better Than the Real Thing (Single)
05. Satelite of love
06. Wild Horses (Temple Bar Remix)
07. Heaven And Hell – In Truth Mix 211711
08. Oh Berlin – Analogue Mix 1 190711 (needs an edit)
09. Near the Island (instr) Night train from Rostock.
10. Down All The Days (Vsn 1) [CD#4/07] (needs edits)
11. Paint it black
12. Fortunate Son
13. Alex Descends into Hell for a bottle of Milk/Korova
14. Where did it all go wrong
15. Everybody loves a winner edit between take 2+3
16. Real Thing (Fish out of water mix)

I see six unreleased tracks on this one. 7 if you include the new Real Thing mix.

CD3 - Uber Remixes

01. Night and Day (Steel string remix)
02. Real Thing (Perfecto Mix)
03. Mysterious Ways (Solar Plexus Extended Club Mix)
04. Lemon (Perfecto Mix)
05. Can’t help falling in love (Triple peaks Remix)
06. Lady with the spinning head (extended Dance remix)
07. Real Thing (V16 Exit Wound Remix)
08. Mysterious Ways (Ultimatum Mix)
09. The Lounge fly mix
10. Mysterious Ways (The Perfecto Remix)
11. One (Apollo 440) – Mix Master [S-109]

CD4 - Unter Remixes

01. Mysterious Ways (Tabla Motown Remix)
02. Mysterious Ways (Appollo 440 Magic Hour Remix)
03. Can’t help Falling in Love (Mystery Train Dub)
04. One (Apollo 440) – Ambient Master [S-109]
05. Lemon (Momo’s Reprise)
06. Salome (Zooromancer Remix)
07. Real Thing (Trance Mix)
08. Numb (Gimme Some More Dignity Mix)
09. Mysterious Ways (Solar Plexus Magic hour Remix)
10. Numb (The Soul Assassins Mix)
11. Real Thing (Apollo 440 Stealth Sonic Remix)

Of these discs I only see three tracks that are commercially unreleased. The two One remixes and the Mystery Train Dub. Which is on some promos.

My fav of all of these tracks are the MW Magic Hour remix and Triple Peaks remix of Can't Help Fallin in Love.

Yes, this kinda blows being that most of us have these already... don't you think?

And your dentures and Depends pants. :love:

Will there actually be a "Pop" remaster? I get remastering some of the early 80's material. It needed it. The same is definitely true for JT. But, with JT being U2's break-out, a remaster was great. AB is U2's second break-out, if you will, so a remaster here is also outstanding.

However, "Pop" probably was recorded in better quality than prior U2 releases. Therefore, there's no real need for a remaster. A re-release with bonus items is fun, but given that this album isn't super popular, is it worth the time? Sure, we'll probably buy it and maybe there are enough die-hards to make a difference. But will anyone else buy it?

I really have no information on how well thee re-releases sell. So maybe it'll be worthwhile. But I'm thinking this may be the last remaster we'll see. Any future work may be a box set consisting of work from 1995 on.

Paul MacGuinness told Billboard in 2007 or 2008 that the entire U2 catalog was getting the remastered/deluxe treatment, so Pop will indeed come out. I doubt the various Best Of albums will get deluxe treatment, but may also be replaced bt remastered versions down the road. I'm unsure about Original Soundtracks 1 as well. I supsect it will get at least a remastered CD, but maybe nothing in deluxe format, though they could include it with with a deluxe edition of Pop, as there was some overlapping of those projects.

Calling all U2 experts:

What material from AB and Zooropa is missing? (let's name B-sides, promos, videos, documentaries made at the time, etc, etc) :wave:

I'd start with

ZOO TV OUTSIDE BROADCAST SPECIAL. Never released on DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom