Achtung Baby/Zooropa remasters CONFIRMED for Fall 2011 by Rolling Stone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The item I'm most interested in is the "From the Sky Down" documentary, which apparently you can't get with anything cheaper than the Super Deluxe edition. I will probably just go on Amazon and buy that DVD separately.

I am in the same vote as you.
Will it be released separately though?

actually there is, i could be forgetting a couple of titles but here is what it could look like I have gotten these titles from flanigans book and the book by that dj that was on the tour with them for zoo.

1. nose job
2. untidy life
3. if god would send his angels (zooropa vers.)
4. wake up dead man (zooropa vers.)
5. velvet dress (zooropa vers.)
6. last night on earth (zooropa vers.)
7. Indian Jam
8. Landscape
9. Sponge
10. Lose Control
11. Bright Lights, Big City
12. If I Should Ever Lose Control
13. Cry Baby
14. Wanderer (bono version)

these aren't all of them *from memory

but as you can see, another disk would be fairly easy

I remember that list too. There is some in BJ Fallons book. There is another list in Bill Flanigan's book. "If God Will Send..." had multiple versions (as many U2 songs do in the writing/recording stage). I think were various version of "Hold Me, Thrill Me..." also.

My guess is the Zooropa era versions of The Pop tunes and HMTMKMKM might end up on a POP remastered set.

Will it be released separately though?

Probably not released separately.

I think as a recognition of the old fans and and to celebrate AB's birthday they should give us the uber delux box set FREE with U2.com membership! imagine![/QUOTE]

I think we get a 7th cd as a fanclub release with all the missed stuff.

Thanks u2.com. I knew you would not disappoint us.....:huh:

I don't know about you, but my Walkman w/ AB cassette is on my dresser where I keep my stirrup pants.

And your dentures and Depends pants. :love:

Having seen pictures on Facebook of these box sets, I have two general questions:

1) The "Uber" set picture shows what appears to be normal 12" vinyl of AB (in addition to the 7" translucent vinyl). However, the description does not mention these 12" vinyl as part of the collection. Can anyone confirm/deny?

2) For you U2 collectors out there, what set or sets will you buy? The Uber set is a whopping 385 pounds on Amazon.uk. But then there's also the deluxe set, which doesn't appear to have anything new, but is packaged different. Lastly, there's the vinyl set, which appears to be blue and different from the vinyl that may or may not be in the uber set. So will you get all three sets? Many times I get the biggest set and stop there. But this time, due to the packaging and possibly different formats, I may be tempted to get more. Hmmm... :hmm:

My guess is the Zooropa era versions of The Pop tunes and HMTMKMKM might end up on a POP remastered set.

Will there actually be a "Pop" remaster? I get remastering some of the early 80's material. It needed it. The same is definitely true for JT. But, with JT being U2's break-out, a remaster was great. AB is U2's second break-out, if you will, so a remaster here is also outstanding.

However, "Pop" probably was recorded in better quality than prior U2 releases. Therefore, there's no real need for a remaster. A re-release with bonus items is fun, but given that this album isn't super popular, is it worth the time? Sure, we'll probably buy it and maybe there are enough die-hards to make a difference. But will anyone else buy it?

I really have no information on how well thee re-releases sell. So maybe it'll be worthwhile. But I'm thinking this may be the last remaster we'll see. Any future work may be a box set consisting of work from 1995 on.

The item I'm most interested in is the "From the Sky Down" documentary, which apparently you can't get with anything cheaper than the Super Deluxe edition. I will probably just go on Amazon and buy that DVD separately.

As for the DVD of all the "Achtung" videos, I just watched that compilation last week on my old VHS version, and frankly most of the videos from that era are not that good. I mean, how much do you really want to look at a buffalo running? There's another one that consists largely of shots of Bono sitting in a bar smoking. No creativity there.

Maybe not, but I drool and make audible sighs every time I watch that vid! :drool:

Err i just ordered the Uber-Deluxe set :crack: Soon the angst of spending a whole lot of money on a thing will creep up on me. But at the same time i could not resist, Achtung Baby is my all time favourite record.

1) The "Uber" set picture shows what appears to be normal 12" vinyl of AB (in addition to the 7" translucent vinyl). However, the description does not mention these 12" vinyl as part of the collection. Can anyone confirm/deny?
difference. But will anyone else buy it?

The Universal UK Store lists for the Uber Box Set "Album vinyl on 180gsm black vinyl in wide spine sleeve with 2 x inner bags"

U2 Achtung Baby Uber Deluxe Box 2011 at Universal Music

So I guess to get the other 2 blue vinyls with B-side, you have to buy the vinyl box set. No links for pre-ordering yet. Hope this helps.

Finally I can post what I already knew but couldn't tell but we are getting fly shades with the box!!!!!!Check u2.com

Having seen pictures on Facebook of these box sets, I have two general questions:

Yes, the 12" vinyl of AB looks to be part of the Uber Deluxe set. See also here:
U2 Achtung Baby Uber Deluxe Box 2011 at Universal Music

Achtung Baby 12" Vinyl

SIDE A

01. Zoo Station
02. Even Better Than The Real Thing
03. One

SIDE B

01. Until The End of The World
02. Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horse*
03. So cruel

SIDE C

01. The Fly
02. Mysterious Way
03. Tryin’ To Throw Your Arms Around The World

SIDE D

01. Ultra Violet
02. Acrobat
03. Love Is Blindness

2) For you U2 collectors out there, what set or sets will you buy? The Uber set is a whopping 385 pounds on Amazon.uk. But then there's also the deluxe set, which doesn't appear to have anything new, but is packaged different.

First, the Uber Set is GBP 275 on the official Universal site (as I linked to above), so Amazon's price will probably come down. That said, I think I won't go for it, but go for the Super Deluxe set. That one has all the audio & video too, so I think it's enough for me.
Now, if someone wants to give me the Uber Deluxe set I won't refuse that gift, of course. :)

I see I shall stick with JT as the only remaster worth buying...unless magically they decide to add a Lovetown show DVD to the Rattle and Hum remaster.

:down: Sydney again, but no new Zoo TV show.

Jim said:
if you're feeling really flash you also can buy Bjork's special edition of 'Biophilia' a snip at £500!
Bjork - biophilia the ultimate edition pre-order

I think as a recognition of the old fans and and to celebrate AB's birthday they should give us the uber delux box set FREE with U2.com membership! imagine!

Biophilia is an interdisciplinary exploration of the universe and its physical forces-particularly those where music, nature, and technology meet-inspired by these relationships between musical structures and natural phenomena, from the atomic to the cosmic. The Independent on Sunday calls it "brilliantly original and ambitious."

Holy shit, only 500 pounds?!?

Zooropa is included in the Super Deluxe Box Set. However, is this the only treatment it is going to see?

This is the only disappointing part of this release to me.

The unreleased audio material is pretty good IMO. Finally get to hear "Down All The Days". I also think Achtung needs to be remastered so I will be happy to have the remastered regular version as well.

I see I shall stick with JT as the only remaster worth buying...unless magically they decide to add a Lovetown show DVD to the Rattle and Hum remaster.

With 4 DVDs to spare, they should have included a 1992, another 1993 gig and Outside Broadcast documentary :wave:
And there's still room for the film documentary, all the AB and Zooropa videos, etc.

Ok...this is probably going to be a really stupid question to many of you! I have never bought anything from amazon.uk (anything in any other currency than dollars - being in the US). It says that the Uber Deluxe edition is limited edition and is numbered - is this ONLY going on sale in the UK or is this something that will also go on sale in the US and will be on the US version of amazon?

Ahhhhhhh that looks amazing!!!

But I doubt I'll be able to afford the Uber edition. D'ya think that Zooropa will be included in the Super Deluxe as well? I hope they are remastering that CD too... :drool:

Depending on the price, I wouldn't mind picking up the Uber version at all. It's a lot of money, but this is maybe the one album I would ever consider buying a super-exclusive version of. The DVDs and CDs might be worth the price alone.

We shall see!

Ahhhhhhh that looks amazing!!!

But I doubt I'll be able to afford the Uber edition. D'ya think that Zooropa will be included in the Super Deluxe as well? I hope they are remastering that CD too... :drool:

According to the Universal UK site, yes. Don't think Zooropa needed a re-master myself, but I'll take it too. :D

So how long ago did some tool start a list to determine the rightful order in which we get our Uber Editions. And who scored #1?

Will some fuckwit U2 fan try and punch me if the Amazon pre-order system has the audacity to not recognise their superfandom and I get a number ahead of them?

Wow, that's quite the hefty box set. I think I'll be fine with the Only-Slightly-Less-Awesome version, because I really only want the CDs and DVDs (although BOO at the concert being Sydney. COME ON.).

If the Super Fantastico Holy Shit version came down significantly in price, I'd consider it, but that's a bit much even for me. Content-wise and price-wise. ;)

Only if you're screaming hurry hurry as you type in your credit card information. Otherwise you won't be punched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom