Achtung Baby/Zooropa remasters CONFIRMED for Fall 2011 by Rolling Stone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, that über deluxe one is insane. it sucks though that zooropa would be getting completely shafted. aside from the remastered album, there's nothing on there for the album.

Dont forget Zooropa was knocked out in a few months.. it was supposed to be an EP so I can't imagine there's much scope for bonus material.

The box set looks amazing, though they are missing Achtung Baby Condoms!!

I recently found a folder with prints of all the cover shots from the day AB came out in 1991.. I've also got that original propaganda.. old am i :(

And as for the live discs.. why on earth didn't the include Zoo TV Stockholm? that was pro shot for broadcast and considered by the band to be a great gig.. that 1st leg was an important chapter in the Zoo era that isn't available anywhere.

But we don't know what the 4th DVD is...

1. Documentary
2. Sydney
3. Videos
4. ???

With 4 DVDs there would be plenty of space to include ALL 1990-1993 documentaries around, 2 previously unreleased concerts (1 from 1992 and 1 from 1993), new surround mixes, interviews, videos, etc. I bet all the material they're about to include can fit on just 2 DVDs :doh:

as I posted @ stevehoffman forum

1- no mention of the albums mixed in 5.1 :down:
2- no mention of previously unreleased concerts on DVD :down:
3- no mention of all Zooropa videos :down:
4- no mention of Zooropa B-Sides :down:
5- re-workings of AB material (like the crappy "new mixes" on "Best of" 1990-2000) :down:
6- absolutely priced box :down:

First I was very very surprised. When I looked further I saw the mentioning of the Sydney dvd. I think the McGuinness man or whoever who did put this release together doesn't know a thing about the fans. The fans, at least the hardcore fans are all having this release for ages, so this an absolute ridiculous item.
So I think it's about 200 percent certain the cd's will contain The propaganda Melon disc. So we're gonna pay a lot of money for a nice documentary and 3 or 4 'new' tracks. .....
As a fan I can collect about 75 percent of the uberdeluxe version. I've got the glasses, the badges, the propaganda, the meloncd, the sydney cd.
But.... we'll wait... Maybe they surprise with the cd's ..... and the bonus dvd material.....:hmm::hmm:

Why can't we have a concert like the one in Yankee stadium or stockholm, we already have Sydney wankers and 600+ dollars really, I could go 200 at most, c'mon!!!! Hopefully some actual finished unreleased tracks! So at this rate when u2 retires and we get the ultimate box set, what is that going to cost, a 1000+, I paid 500 for my first car for god sakes!

lets wait and see the confirmed tracklisting of all cds and dvds before complaining, shall we?

I would bet that with Zooropa, a split off version with a nice little second disc of extra stuff (and I agree - there's probably not that much of it) will come out in about, oh... 18 months?

I would think that the documentary + possibly/probably the vinyl will also be available on their own pretty quickly, other side of Christmas.

Earnie Shavers said:
I would think that the documentary + possibly/probably the vinyl will also be available on their own pretty quickly, other side of Christmas.

I trust you, but that "limited" bit on the vinyl set will surely make me buy it :uhoh:

all the videos from Achtung Baby plus bonus material.

It'd be good to get the old VHS Interference video on DVD and perhaps even the [UK] Channel 4 ZOO TV special which aired at the end of 1992, where the band only appeared at the end of the show sitting at the back of a TV show... maybe a CD of ZOO Radio show that Radio 1 broadcast?

vid004-01.jpg

It'd be good to get the old VHS Interference video on DVD and perhaps even the [UK] Channel 4 ZOO TV special which aired at the end of 1992, where the band only appeared at the end of the show sitting at the back of a TV show... maybe a CD of ZOO Radio show that Radio 1 broadcast?

vid004-01.jpg

love is blindness and UTEOTW videos :up:

patternshirt170 said:

I know the interference portions are incuded as an easter egg on the Sydney DVD...

WOuld I be right in saying that when the JT remaster came out, we didn't know about the Paris DVD until closer to the release date? or am I talking sh*t.

So then I'll have to buy that as well?! Sweet fancy moses...

No, you just think about it rationally.

Uber Deluxe...

- I can get all the footage and material with the Super, so do I still want it?

- The book is probably pretty cool, but also comes with the Super, so do I still want it?

- They'll definitely release the remastered Zooropa separately at some point, most likely with it's own extra material, so do I still want it?

- I'm not 13, so stickers and badges don't appeal, so do I still want it?

- I'll probably put the glasses on once, look in the mirror once, go 'ha!' and then put them in a drawer and never look at them again - and when on earth would you ever actually wear them - so do I still want it?

So basically it comes down to the vinyl component, and is that worth over £200 (whatever that is in US$ these days) to you?

Oh wow!! :drool: No way in hell can I justify the expense of the Uber Deluxe version, even if it doesn't retail for as much as $600 in North America. Super version is still pricey, but much more reasonable.

Dont forget Zooropa was knocked out in a few months.. it was supposed to be an EP so I can't imagine there's much scope for bonus material.

The box set looks amazing, though they are missing Achtung Baby Condoms!!

I recently found a folder with prints of all the cover shots from the day AB came out in 1991.. I've also got that original propaganda.. old am i :(

actually there is, i could be forgetting a couple of titles but here is what it could look like I have gotten these titles from flanigans book and the book by that dj that was on the tour with them for zoo.

1. nose job
2. untidy life
3. if god would send his angels (zooropa vers.)
4. wake up dead man (zooropa vers.)
5. velvet dress (zooropa vers.)
6. last night on earth (zooropa vers.)
7. Indian Jam
8. Landscape
9. Sponge
10. Lose Control
11. Bright Lights, Big City
12. If I Should Ever Lose Control
13. Cry Baby
14. Wanderer (bono version)

these aren't all of them *from memory

but as you can see, another disk would be fairly easy

Track Listing:

• Track Listing Not Final

CD1 - Achtung Baby

01. Zoo Station
02. Even Better Than The Real Thing
03. One
04. Until The End Of The World
05. Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
06. So Cruel
07. The Fly
08. Mysterious Ways
09. Tryin’ To Throw Your Arms Around The World
10. Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
11. Acrobat
12. Love Is Blindness

CD2 - Zooropa

01. Zooropa
02. Babyface
03. Numb (The Edge)
04. Lemon
05. Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
06. Daddy’s Gonna Pay for Your Crashed Car
07. Some Days Are Better Than Others
08. The First Time
09. Dirty Day (Bono and The Edge)
10. The Wanderer

CD3 - Uber Remixes

01. Night and Day (Steel string remix)
02. Real Thing (Perfecto Mix)
03. Mysterious Ways (Solar Plexus Extended Club Mix)
04. Lemon (Perfecto Mix)
05. Can’t help falling in love (Triple peaks Remix)
06. Lady with the spinning head (extended Dance remix)
07. Real Thing (V16 Exit Wound Remix)
08. Mysterious Ways (Ultimatum Mix)
09. The Lounge fly mix
10. Mysterious Ways (The Perfecto Remix)
11. One (Apollo 440) – Mix Master [S-109]

CD4 - Unter Remixes

01. Mysterious Ways (Tabla Motown Remix)
02. Mysterious Ways (Appollo 440 Magic Hour Remix)
03. Can’t help Falling in Love (Mystery Train Dub)
04. One (Apollo 440) – Ambient Master [S-109]
05. Lemon (Momo’s Reprise)
06. Salome (Zooromancer Remix)
07. Real Thing (Trance Mix)
08. Numb (Gimme Some More Dignity Mix)
09. Mysterious Ways (Solar Plexus Magic hour Remix)
10. Numb (The Soul Assassins Mix)
11. Real Thing (Apollo 440 Stealth Sonic Remix)

CD5 - B-sides and Bonus Tracks

01. Lady with the spinning head (UV1)
02. Blow Your House – Analogue Mix Bono Edit 190711
03. Salome
04. Even Better Than the Real Thing (Single)
05. Satelite of love
06. Wild Horses (Temple Bar Remix)
07. Heaven And Hell – In Truth Mix 211711
08. Oh Berlin – Analogue Mix 1 190711 (needs an edit)
09. Near the Island (instr) Night train from Rostock.
10. Down All The Days (Vsn 1) [CD#4/07] (needs edits)
11. Paint it black
12. Fortunate Son
13. Alex Descends into Hell for a bottle of Milk/Korova
14. Where did it all go wrong
15. Everybody loves a winner edit between take 2+3
16. Real Thing (Fish out of water mix)

CD6 - “Baby” Actung Baby

01. “Baby” Zoo Station
02. “Baby” Even Better Than The Real Thing
03. “Baby” One
04. “Baby” Until The End Of The World
05. “Baby” Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
06. “Baby” So Cruel
07. “Baby” The Fly
08. “Baby” Mysterious Ways
09. “Baby” Tryin’ To Throw Your Arms Around The World
10. “Baby” Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
11. “Baby” Acrobat
12. “Baby” Love Is Blindness

DVD

01. From The Sky Down – a documentary
02. Videos
03. Bonus Material
04. ZooTV Live From Sydney – the concert
:hmm: That 2nd remix cd looks pretty unknown to me. And the B-sides cd excites me. But what on earth is the "baby" thing? :scratch:

The item I'm most interested in is the "From the Sky Down" documentary, which apparently you can't get with anything cheaper than the Super Deluxe edition. I will probably just go on Amazon and buy that DVD separately.

As for the DVD of all the "Achtung" videos, I just watched that compilation last week on my old VHS version, and frankly most of the videos from that era are not that good. I mean, how much do you really want to look at a buffalo running? There's another one that consists largely of shots of Bono sitting in a bar smoking. No creativity there.

As much as I want Fly glasses, the uber-deluxe edition is a bit out of my price range unless it also comes with a Trabant and is hand delivered by Bono, Edge, Adam and Larry.

CD5 - B-sides and Bonus Tracks

01. Lady with the spinning head (UV1)
02. Blow Your House – Analogue Mix Bono Edit 190711
03. Salome
04. Even Better Than the Real Thing (Single)
05. Satelite of love
06. Wild Horses (Temple Bar Remix)
07. Heaven And Hell – In Truth Mix 211711
08. Oh Berlin – Analogue Mix 1 190711 (needs an edit)
09. Near the Island (instr) Night train from Rostock.
10. Down All The Days (Vsn 1) [CD#4/07] (needs edits)
11. Paint it black
12. Fortunate Son
13. Alex Descends into Hell for a bottle of Milk/Korova
14. Where did it all go wrong
15. Everybody loves a winner edit between take 2+3
16. Real Thing (Fish out of water mix)

:hyper::faint::panic:

That's beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom