Achtung Baby/ Zooropa remaster/ reissue - Part III/ three

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Galeongirl said:
Wow uhm, way to be rude. :huh: For what it's worth, I find that Nick has actually been quite decent about his posts, and he had a valid point. He wasn't the first to point that out, he only believed in it more than the rest of us. It's the other side of the argument that became rude and childish with a lot of personal attacks. I really do not see why you feel the need to continue this. Maybe you are the one that needs to grow up.

Seconded. That attack just then was waaaay out of line, rude, ill-informed and just plain wrong. An apology is required methinks

I just checked, and whoever this is has been claiming to already have remasters, and actually posted a fake Megaupload link for people to download them (probably a virus).

I know who it is. We've had those songs, it's not a virus. It's just the original AB songs very badly converted to WAV. BVS might still have them. It sounded in no way remastered.

I know who it is. We've had those songs, it's not a virus. It's just the original AB songs very badly converted to WAV. BVS might still have them. It sounded in no way remastered.

Yeah, still fakes. And still copyrighted material....just kind of thought it's the type that would put a virus in there to boot. :)

From the Sky Down Tomorrow....:)

I'm really looking forward to it! :) only problem is I'm PROBABLY going to be on the way home from a family party while it's on so will miss it and, where the BBC usually have the rights to have films up on iPlayer to watch for a week afterwards, what if all the music rights and stuff get in the way and it won't be up on the site? :reject:

gareth brown said:
I'm really looking forward to it! :) only problem is I'm PROBABLY going to be on the way home from a family party while it's on so will miss it and, where the BBC usually have the rights to have films up on iPlayer to watch for a week afterwards, what if all the music rights and stuff get in the way and it won't be up on the site? :reject:

Sky plus ?

hahaha
i honestly don't mean this in a rude way but it made me laugh out loud at how readily you assumed everyone has sky+ but seriously, I've just graduated and am sadly in NO position to be buying such luxuries! :wink:

Bono,the edge,larry mullen and adam clayton care thats what they still want
Number 1 singles they crave to be
Relevent.
I think it would just show their "irrelevance" if they'd reach number 1 with a twenty year old song when they can't with their new songs.

I think it would just show their "irrelevance" if they'd reach number 1 with a twenty year old song when they can't with their new songs.

It's highly unlikely U2 will have a new song get to number 1 ever again. They haven't had a proper hit single in over 5 years. So even if a 20 year old song gets to number 1 - they'll be over the moon.

nielsgov said:

To be fair thats a valid point. I would stand by my comment about getting number 1 with a new song though.

it's really a moot argument, the song would never get to No. 1 in the USA and I doubt it would in any other country either.

Moving 300 miles away from the only town I've ever lived in and getting a new job that pays double what my old job paid has a little to do with that. :wink:

You moved? Dang, and I never got to meet you while we were in the same city. :grumpy: :wink:

Congrats, though - that's great!

If this was posted already I missed it, but Gavin Friday doing The Fly ought to be good.

The full track listing for AHK-toong BAY-bi Covered is as follows:

Nine Inch Nails - Zoo Station
U2 (Jacques Lu Cont Mix) - Even Better Than The Real Thing
Damien Rice - One
Patti Smith - Until The End Of The World
Garbage - Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Depeche Mode - So Cruel
Snow Patrol - Mysterious Ways
The Fray - Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World
Gavin Friday - The Fly
The Killers - Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
Glasvegas - Acrobat
Jack White - Love Is Blindness

http://news.qthemusic.com/2011/10/q_curates_cover_album_of_u2s_a.html

:down: NINE INCH NAILS covering ZOO Station!:drool:

My thoughts exactly. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't a heavy, industrial version though, but I'm prepared to be wrong. :D

Very surprised they got a band like The Killers to cover Ultraviolet though. That's probably the one I'm most curious to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom