A Grammy summary please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by martha:
How late do I have to stay up?

I don't think you'll need to stay up past ten
frown.gif

Originally posted by tiny dancer:
Jezebel it's 11:05 where I live and this show is still not over!
mad.gif

hey t d, martha lives on the west coast and the show just started....the bad news would therefore start after 10:00

god, I didn't know they were going to announce best album just now yuck

songs from All That You Can't Leave Behind win Record of the Year in consecutive years, but the album itself fails to win Best Album, inexplicable...

Originally posted by The Wanderer:
songs from All That You Can't Leave Behind win Record of the Year in consecutive years, but the album itself fails to win Best Album, inexplicable...

I think as far as U2's career standards are concerned...its a fair result

Originally posted by jezebel:
hey t d, martha lives on the west coast and the show just started....the bad news would therefore start after 10:00

god, I didn't know they were going to announce best album just now yuck

Thanks Jez for the info. I didn't realize the time difference.

Martha, it's going to go on to 11:30. I just came back from Staples and I have to say, you may want to stay up past 11.

------------------
The interview hadn't even begun..... and suddenly we all noticed something very peculiar: Bono - is - taking - all - his - clothes - off. The white shirt went first, then his black suede boots, his socks, trousers, and briefs (black with white trim, possibly Calvin Klein, probably Marks & Spencer).
"Excuse me but why have you taken your clothes off, Bono?"
"For the same reason," interjected the Edge, answering on Bono's behalf, "that he's the lead singer. Because he's a rampant sex god with a huge ego."
"And a small willy," added Adam.

Hello,

As I didn't want to start yet another Grammy thread, I post it here (and I hope this thread doesn't grow to 430+ posts). Anyway, for everyone who wants to have a clear overview what U2 has won this year, here are the results:

Record Of The Year: Walk On
Best Pop Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocal: Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
Best Rock Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocal: Elevation
Best Rock Album: All That You Can't Leave Behind

C ya!

Marty (who didn't feel like wading through 430+ posts when he saw the thread this morning)

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

Back
Top Bottom