A Good U2 "Bible?"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Are there any books out there that list every single song that U2 has ever done?

I've been using "U2: Into the Heart" as my songlist "bible," but I've come to notice that it definitely misses quite a few. Most glaringly, the new edition includes HTDAAB, but doesn't note any of the b-sides or singles.

Any suggestions?

Utoo said:
I've been using "U2: Into the Heart" as my songlist "bible," but I've come to notice that it definitely misses quite a few.

Yep I noticed also that it doesn't include the early demos.

There's this great book called U2 Live. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/07...f=pd_bbs_9/103-8518519-5079020?_encoding=UTF8
i'm not so sure about the earlier stuff in this book, but I know that it goes all the way to the end of the Elevation tour. it even has little pictures here and there ;] each show that U2 ever did is listed with a setlist and review as well as any significant events/duets or fan encounters that occurred. i don't own it, but everytime i go to the bookstore, i like to look at it =)
next time i go, i'll definitely check the status of the coverage of their early demo stage.

it's a lot different than U2 Show, which is mainly a picture documentary of the U2 tours throughout the years

tuwie said:
There's this great book called U2 Live.
I was just thinking of that one too. I actually haven't seen a recent edition (the former author, Pim Jal de la Parra, died, and Caroline of U2log.com took it over), but I know the old edition at least had an utterly exhaustive discography, complete with lists of other artists' songs which have only been performed as live "snippets."

Back
Top Bottom