95th RSOC meeting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AM

Refugee
336576%3A723232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2327%3D%3C64%3D896%3Dxroqdf%3E232335385%3C795ot1lsi

Happy Adamday everybody!!! Girls (and boys?? are there any lurking around??), there were 94 posts last week! Wow! Let?s see if we can do better :D

ad-tuf5.jpg

ad-all44.jpg

ad-all20.jpg

hmmm, the 21st century man :heart:
ad-all56.jpg

YAY!! :combust: unfortunately I am not at home for at least another week so I wont be able to post the photos I had found but maybe next meeting I can!!! Sorry and

HAPPY ADAM DAY!!! :wave:

Quotes

"To this day I can't really figure it out." - on how U2 won the St. Patrick's Day talent contest in 1978

"On the drive from Austin to San Antonio we stopped off at a snake farm/amateur zoo. It was very depressing. Lots of caged animals not looking very healthy. The high point was a mad monkey which had epileptic fits accompanied by blood-chilling shrieks. It was really quite a scream because Bono started singing. This infuriated the creature even further - its shrieks grew louder. Bono matched its volume until the deranged creature started to beat his head against the wall. Eventually a very brusque woman ran over and dismissed us, complaining how cruel it was to drink sodas in front of our friend as there was nothing it liked more than a glass of Coke" - 1982

"When you start out, you make one or two records that put you solidly in debt with the record company. Then, if your third record makes some money, you have to pay back at the record company, and if you're lucky, you have enough money to live for a year. Then, after that, the band is bigger, you have to expand your organization and do more professional shows, so you're sort of back in debt again. You never really catch up; for those first five years you're probably better off on the dole."

"Nobody knows how it works. You turn the music up as loud as you can and hope people like it."

"I think pop music satisfies a demand -- which is, it's a beat for people to live their life by. When they go through a shopping mall, they wanna hear music, for whatever reasons. I don't think you can talk about pop music and U2 in the same breath. I think that's fine -- there's a need for that kind of music to be around." - Adam, 1985

"We definitely went in saying we're not going to make heavy weather out of this. If a song is happening, we're not going to mess with it too much and we're going to try to get it down on tape as fast as possible." - on recording The Joshua Tree

"Without any one of us the fragile uniqueness and special quality of U2 would be gone forever."

"I think the important thing to retain through life is optimism. It doesn't have to be something that you necessarily get from Christianity. You just have to feel that way about life."

"Rock 'n' roll is a term that's been heavily abused. It's not something you can buy in a record shop. It's an attitude."

"I think women are the stronger sex. I don't think it's necessarily putting women on a pedestal, but I think it's acknowledging that women are stronger and you need their support and companionship to help you realise your potential as a man. That's an unusual theme in rock & roll. Rock & Roll is usually... [very macho]... yeah".

"Although it's a confusing time, I think it is genuinely exciting. I think the world is filled with possibilities at the moment."

Adam's Doorstop

From www.u2log.com

Awards are not all that special to Adam Clayton. When questioned about what he will do with the Ivor Novello award the band received last week, Adam replied, ?I?ll probably use it to prop open a door.? (Source: Daily Express)

Just came across this site...http://www.clarus.com/

It's for a necklace that supposedly reduces stress, and under the celebrities section, it lists Adam as wearing one. :scratch::confused:

Here is the link for the celebrity section

http://www.clarus.com/celebs.html

Anyone have any photos of Adam wearing this thingy?

adam.jpg

Adam Clayton ? U2
London, UK, Mar 2000

here's what it looks like

productshot.jpg

You'd think they would use a picture of him wearing it or at least a more recent one, :lol:

Back
Top Bottom